The Lower League Thread

mrbojangles

Some good results for Dale and Tranmere. Not so good for Forest, but a least Leeds dropped points yesterday.

Great result for Mansfield a 2-0 win, they actually featured in the Bangkok Post yesterday for being crap. :o

We won't mention Torquay. :D

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Some good results for Dale and Tranmere. Not so good for Forest, but a least Leeds dropped points yesterday.

Great result for Mansfield a 2-0 win, they actually featured in the Bangkok Post yesterday for being crap. :o

We won't mention Torquay. :D

Mansfield stuffed Peterborough 2-0 yesterday & are now in danger of overhauling the minnows of Nottingham (Notts County :D ) at the bottom.

Leeds, last minute again :D They did it against us earlier in the season :D

Some good results for Dale

:o

Wrexham 0-2 The Mighty Dale

From the BBC:-

Wrexham crashed to another home defeat and sunk back to bottom place in League Two as Rochdale eased to victory at the Racecourse Ground.

The visitors took the lead after just seven minutes, when Kallum Higginbotham laid the ball back for Glenn Murray to score from close range.

Wrexham tried to find a reply but were hampered by a nervy defensive display.

Rochdale made things safe when Lee McEvilly forced the ball home from close range against his former club.

Some good results for Dale

:D

Wrexham 0-2 The Mighty Dale

From the BBC:-

Wrexham crashed to another home defeat and sunk back to bottom place in League Two as Rochdale eased to victory at the Racecourse Ground.

The visitors took the lead after just seven minutes, when Kallum Higginbotham laid the ball back for Glenn Murray to score from close range.

Wrexham tried to find a reply but were hampered by a nervy defensive display.

Rochdale made things safe when Lee McEvilly forced the ball home from close range against his former club.

:o

:D

Chavy, are Forest trying to throw it away again this year? Had a good chgance to open up a gap against a struggling Gillingham team, and end up getting turned over 3 zip. :D

MrBoj, a solid 2-2 draw in a sort of local derby, can't be too bad. :D

At least Leeds lost. :o

MrBoj, a solid 2-2 draw in a sort of local derby, can't be too bad. :o

Yeah, not a bad result really Toady :D

From skysports:-

Macclesfield Town 2 The Mighty Dale 2

Rochdale mounted a second-half fightback to extend their unbeaten run to six games and deny Macclesfield their first win in seven. Levi Reid (20) and Gareth Evans (30) gave Macclesfield a two-goal cushion at the break, but Adam Rundle (63) and Glenn Murray retrieved a point for Rochdale.

The Mighty Dale v Darlington

Rochdale welcome back midfielder David Perkins from suspension for their match against Darlington on New Years Day.

Striker Adam Le Fondre could also return after injury, with Lee McEvilly most likely to make way.

Darlington manager Dave Penney hopes to have captain Steve Foster back from illness, while midfielder Ricky Ravenhill is hoping for a recall.

Gregg Blundell could replace Pawel Abbott after the striker missed several chances in the 1-0 defeat to MK Dons.

Chavy will be happy, as Forest picked up three points, and throw into the bargaing Leeds lost. Ken the Trannies are still intouch with the leaders, but a bad result against Port Fail.

I'm pleased to see Bristol City flying high in the Championship, really hope they get promoted as have a soft spot for them having lived in Bristol for 8 years.

Chavy will be happy, as Forest picked up three points, and throw into the bargaing Leeds lost. Ken the Trannies are still intouch with the leaders, but a bad result against Port Fail.

I'm pleased to see Bristol City flying high in the Championship, really hope they get promoted as have a soft spot for them having lived in Bristol for 8 years.

I also hope Bristol City do well as now they look like signing an Aussie guy (of Chilean descent) Nick Carle.

http://www.bcfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,1...1203516,00.html

Come to think of it I may just check around and see how many boys from Oz are currently playing in the top 4 leagues in England

There's got to be a fair few playing in the English leagues now. About 9 of the current squad are playing in England, add on Mark Viduka(Newcastle), Bradley Jones (Boro) and Neil Kilkenney(Brum) along with others who have played in England Luke Wilkshire( ex Bristol City), Jacob Burns(ex Leeds),John Aliosi(ex Coventry), there are a fair few.

Bl00dy immigrants. We already sent them over there once and now theyr'e trying to get back in. Close the borders and send them back :o

Careful what you say Mr.BJ you've even got one at Man City, though I did notice they are conspicuous by there abscence at the Dale. Word is out and about in the antipodes re the players calender photo shoot...... :D

P.S. Check the Aussie Abroad thread I've just created - even I'm flabbergasted !

Careful what you say Mr.BJ you've even got one at Man City,

Oh no we haven't :D

But we used to have one, Danny Tiatto :D

But there is a criminal there :D

Who's that Toady ? :o

Unless you mean our owner who hasn't been convicted of anything yet :bah:

Sorry, I omitted Alleged :bah::D

Chavy, are Forest trying to throw it away again this year? Had a good chgance to open up a gap against a struggling Gillingham team, and end up getting turned over 3 zip. :D

MrBoj, a solid 2-2 draw in a sort of local derby, can't be too bad. :D

At least Leeds lost. :o

Don't know what happened against the Gills but at least were back on track against Huddersfield. I said before this was the time last seasonwhen we bottled it & couldn't recover.

Not sure what has happened to Leeds :D but they're still up there threatening.

The Mighty Dale 0-2 Lincoln :o

Lincoln continued their recovery under Peter Jackson with a hard-fought victory over Rochdale at Spotland.

The evenly-contested match was heading for a goalless draw until the visitors scored twice in the last 10 minutes.

Jamie Forrester netted the first from close range on 81 minutes, following up Adam Smith's angled drive which had been parried by goalkeeper Sam Russell.

And the win was wrapped up when Lee Frecklington blasted a low drive in off the post two minutes later.

Notts County manager is moaning because his number 1 transfer target decided to go to Wycombe rather than to them. He said Notts County have now lost their pulling power :D:D !! Funny, I can't remember them ever having pulling power.

Also he says the club needs a 3 million cash investment to get it going again.......He may well have a long wait then :o

Archived