The Lower League Thread

mrbojangles

Thanks for that Ken.

I do Amateur Dramatics (although been very busy for a couple of years) but i've done about a dozen shows, ranging from Pirates of Penzance to South Pacific at the Gracie Fields Theatre in Rochdale. Nice theatre and holds about 700 people. :o

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks for that Ken.

I do Amateur Dramatics (although been very busy for a couple of years) but i've done about a dozen shows, ranging from Pirates of Penzance to South Pacific at the Gracie Fields Theatre in Rochdale. Nice theatre and holds about 700 people. :D

I propose MrBJ give us an encore / rendition of his Pirates of Penzance when he's back in the big mango sometime in March at the "football & beer night 15" edition. :o

Thanks for that Ken.

I do Amateur Dramatics (although been very busy for a couple of years) but i've done about a dozen shows, ranging from Pirates of Penzance to South Pacific at the Gracie Fields Theatre in Rochdale. Nice theatre and holds about 700 people. :D

I propose MrBJ give us an encore / rendition of his Pirates of Penzance when he's back in the big mango sometime in March at the "football & beer night 15" edition. :o

The Modern Major General get's me tongue tied when sober so no chance when p1ssed :D

But i probably could muster Nothing Like a Dame :D

Thanks for that Ken.

Seconded, will make me feel right back at home listening to that. :D

Thanks for that Ken.

Seconded, will make me feel right back at home listening to that. :D

:D:D

I'll get the application into the British Council - this could just about get me off my bum and "On The Road Again" for "One Night In Bangkok" then "Tit Willow"

Haven't done The Mikado and haven't heard of On The Road Again but I have done Chess a couple of times

I'll get the application into the British Council - this could just about get me off my bum and "On The Road Again" for "One Night In Bangkok" then "Tit Willow"

Haven't done The Mikado and haven't heard of On The Road Again but I have done Chess a couple of times

You can shove "The Mikado", where the sun don't shine. Has to be the most boring performance I've ever seen, and that was at The Minack, which IMHO is the greatest theatre in the world. :o Check it out if you don't believe me.

You can shove "The Mikado", where the sun don't shine. Has to be the most boring performance I've ever seen, and that was at The Minack, which IMHO is the greatest theatre in the world. :D Check it out if you don't believe me.

It depends how Mr BJ performs it Toady mate, also The Minack & Soi 8 bar, IMO, will have a decidedly different audience clientele :o

Unless somebody wants to review Rochdale F.C.'s new Show "Clog Dogs"...... :o

Objection AGAIN M'Lord, OBJECTION.

We don't wear clogs in Rochdale, we couldn't afford them, cardboard was our footwear (only for sunday best though) :D . Your thinking of Todmorden or Ebden Bridge (in Yorkshire) where there is still a clog making factory. :D

I have opened a Musicals thread, we should continue this in there.

Yeah, you're quite right ken.

Although singing is a big part of football, i don't think "I'm gonna wash that man right out of my hair" would go down well on the terraces. :D

Saying that, Newcastle have just done that, with Big Sam :o

We don't wear clogs in Rochdale, we couldn't afford them, cardboard was our footwear (only for sunday best though) :D . Your thinking of Todmorden or Ebden Bridge (in Yorkshire) where there is still a clog making factory. :D

Yes, I know this one MrBJ....they have the exclusive rights to supply Derby County players boots :D

OBJECTION OVER RULED

Lancashire is known for its clog dancing all over the world. Cotton mill workers could emulate the sound of the cotton looms with their clogs. Miners partook of formal dance competitions at the working men's clubs for small monetary prizes. Afterwards the winner usually then had to fight the losers to keep his prize! National competitions such as the World Clog Dancing Championships were keenly attended and the winner went away with a handsomely tooled leather belt and probably a large monetary prize.

http://chrisbrady.itgo.com/clogmaker/clogmaker2.htm

IT DIDN’T SEEM REET - Anon.

Wen a fella cum walkin’ deawn eawr road,

‘Is clogs went "er—clatt, er—clatt."

An’ it struck mi, as Ah’d never knowed

A pair o’clogs t’seawnd like that.

Soo Ah waited wile ‘ee getten close,

Fer t’see wot wer th’matter,

Clogs doant "er—clatt, er—clatt" tha knows

Thi should guh "clatt—er, clatt—er!"

Ah thowt, "Just wen ‘as passes mi

Ah’ll ‘ev a looka’t’greawnd,

Cause Ah wer fair reet wonderin’

O’er th’reason feryon seawnd.

Sos wen ‘ee sad, "Nah then theer,"

Wen ‘ee passed mii’ th’ street,

Ah looked, an’ does ta know

Booath ‘is clogs wero’t’wrong feet.

Sure sounds like Rochdale dialect to me........ :D

OBJECTION OVER RULED

Lancashire is known for its clog dancing all over the world. Cotton mill workers could emulate the sound of the cotton looms with their clogs. Miners partook of formal dance competitions at the working men's clubs for small monetary prizes. Afterwards the winner usually then had to fight the losers to keep his prize! National competitions such as the World Clog Dancing Championships were keenly attended and the winner went away with a handsomely tooled leather belt and probably a large monetary prize.

IT DIDN'T SEEM REET - Anon.

Wen a fella cum walkin' deawn eawr road,

'Is clogs went "er—clatt, er—clatt."

An' it struck mi, as Ah'd never knowed

A pair o'clogs t'seawnd like that.

Soo Ah waited wile 'ee getten close,

Fer t'see wot wer th'matter,

Ah thowt, "Just wen 'as passes mi

Ah'll 'ev a looka't'greawnd,

Cause Ah wer fair reet wonderin'

O'er th'reason feryon seawnd.

Sos wen 'ee sad, "Nah then theer,"

Wen 'ee passed mii' th' street,

Ah looked, an' does ta know

Booath 'is clogs wero't'wrong feet.

Could be Ken.....I think we'd better wait for translation from MrBJ when he logs on later today :D

Yeah, well down south we didn't have foot wear, because we're a tougher breed. :D Bit of bare foot football in January, no problem. :D

Unless somebody wants to review Rochdale F.C.'s new Show "Clog Dogs"...... :D

We don't wear clogs in Rochdale, we couldn't afford them, cardboard was our footwear (only for sunday best though) :D . Your thinking of Todmorden or Ebden Bridge (in Yorkshire) where there is still a clog making factory. :bah:

OBJECTION OVER RULED

Could be Ken.....I think we'd better wait for translation from MrBJ when he logs on later today :D

I haven't a clue what it's saying Chavy. It might as well be in Welsh. :o

Ken, according to the link, that is from Wigan, nowhere near Rochdale. Over t'hills and far away. Although they are in Lancashire they are totally different breed that lot. Gimme 6 is their greeting :bah:

We don't wear clogs in Rochdale, we couldn't afford them, cardboard was our footwear (only for sunday best though) :bah: . Your thinking of Todmorden or Ebden Bridge (in Yorkshire) where there is still a clog making factory. :bah:

Yeah, well down south we didn't have foot wear, because we're a tougher breed. :D Bit of bare foot football in January, no problem. :D

Oh really. This is a photo of Toady's "Shoe Cupboard". Yes, a whole cupboard DEDICATED to shoes :D

post-19542-1200038373_thumb.jpg

And this is what he was wearing on BKK p1ssup No.1

post-19542-1200038418_thumb.jpg

:D

Unless somebody wants to review Rochdale F.C.'s new Show "Clog Dogs"...... :D

We don't wear clogs in Rochdale, we couldn't afford them, cardboard was our footwear (only for sunday best though) :bah: . Your thinking of Todmorden or Ebden Bridge (in Yorkshire) where there is still a clog making factory. :bah:

OBJECTION OVER RULED

I haven't a clue what it's saying Chavy. It might as well be in Welsh. :o

Ken, according to the link, that is from Wigan, nowhere near Rochdale. Over t'hills and far away. Although they are in Lancashire they are totally different breed that lot. Gimme 6 is their greeting :o

You mean a bit like Issan MrBJ ? :D

I maintain that the accused is a closet clogger

He Drinks at :-

The Cloggers Arms, 56 Oldham Road, Failsworth, Manchester, M35 0JD

He shops for footwear at :-

Clogs & Slippers Trading Company, Rawtenstall

and he Clogs at:

Argarmeles North West Clog Morris (mixed).

Scout hut behind Guild Hall, Church Rd, Formby 8.15

I rest my case........... :o

By the way, does anybody remember what this thread was about ?

Just biding the time away ken, until the next update on The Mighty Dales romp up the league :D

and does anybody want to buy a calender of the Rochdale F.C. players full monty in Clogs sponsored by the B.J. Pie & Pea Co. ?

:o:D

Just biding the time away ken, until the next update on The Mighty Dales romp up the league :D

and does anybody want to buy a calender of the Rochdale F.C. players full monty in Clogs sponsored by the B.J. Pie & Pea Co. ?

BJ Pie & Pea Co.....exclusive executive food & beverage supplier to Man City & Rochdale FC :o

BJ Pie & Pea Co.....exclusive executive food & beverage supplier to Man City & Rochdale FC :o

Didn't you know Chavy, it's all change on the food front nowadays at city. Som Tam and Pad Ka Phow (sp) is what we eat there. Fortunately i can supply that as well due to Mrs BoJ :D

Fom the BBC:-

Wycombe 0-1 The Mighty Dale

Tom Kennedy's last-minute penalty gave Rochdale a deserved away victory.

Kennedy smashed home from the spot after Craig Woodman fouled Ben Muirhead inside the penalty area.

Earlier, Rochdale debutant Rene Howe burst through on goal only to drag his shot, making it easy for keeper Frank Fielding to save with his legs.

Substitute Stefan Oakes nearly stole the points for Wycombe in the 81st minute, but his free-kick curled just wide of the target.

Just biding the time away ken, until the next update on The Mighty Dales romp up the league :bah:

Didn't you know Chavy, it's all change on the food front nowadays at city. Som Tam and Pad Ka Phow (sp) is what we eat there. Fortunately i can supply that as well due to Mrs BoJ :o

Sounds delicious......does she deliver ???? :D

Good win for the Dale over the weekend. Makes up for City :D

Another big win for thr tricky trees on Saturday......Swindon up next :bah:

Mr Boj - The Dale are looking good for the play offs this season. :D

Chavy - Good win for Forest as well. :D

Ken - The Trannies got shafted by the Gas. :o

No league game for Torquay this weekend, but a good away win in the FA Trophy against Newport. :D

Archived