The Lower League Thread

mrbojangles

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Mighty Dale keep rolling on. Into the play off's now. Come on.

Chester 0-4 The Mighty Dale

Promotion-chasing Rochdale eased to victory to send nine-man Chester to a seventh defeat in the last eight games.

Adam Le Fondre fired Dale ahead when he latched onto the ball after John Danby could only parry Rene Howe's shot.

Chester had Kevin Ellison sent off for violent conduct on the half hour, and Paul Butler then scored an own goal.

Tom Kennedy's solo effort put Dale on cruise control and, after Laurence Wilson's professional foul earned him a red card, Adam Rundle rifled home.

Chester: Danby, Vaughan, Butler, Linwood (Roberts 42), Wilson, Partridge (Sandwith 77), Welsh, Grant (Hughes 79), Ellison, Murphy, Lindfield.

Subs Not Used: Palethorpe, Holroyd.

Sent Off: Ellison (32), Wilson (86).

Booked: Wilson, Butler, Lindfield.

Rochdale: Russell, Ramsden, Holness, McArdle (D'Laryea 77), Kennedy, Higginbotham (Muirhead 69), Doolan (Rundle 73), Jones, Perkins, Howe, Le Fondre.

Subs Not Used: Spencer, Thompson.

Goals: Le Fondre 29 (Quite cosmopolitan in Rochdale you know) :o , Butler 44 og, Kennedy 60, Rundle 88

Promotion-chasing Rochdale eased to victory to send nine-man Chester to a seventh defeat in the last eight games.

Adam Le Fondre fired Dale ahead when he latched onto the ball after John Danby could only parry Rene Howe's shot.

Chester had Kevin Ellison sent off for violent conduct on the half hour, and Paul Butler then scored an own goal.

Tom Kennedy's solo effort put Dale on cruise control and, after Laurence Wilson's professional foul earned him a red card, Adam Rundle rifled home.

Chester: Danby, Vaughan, Butler, Linwood (Roberts 42), Wilson, Partridge (Sandwith 77), Welsh, Grant (Hughes 79), Ellison, Murphy, Lindfield.

Rochdale: Russell, Ramsden, Holness, McArdle (D'Laryea 77), Kennedy, Higginbotham (Muirhead 69), Doolan (Rundle 73), Jones, Perkins, Howe, Le Fondre.

Goals: Le Fondre 29 (Quite cosmopolitan in Rochdale you know) :o , Butler 44 og, Kennedy 60, Rundle 88

Could even get automatic if they keep this up. A great run. hoping that they go up, along with Torquay in the conference.

Still can't beleive the Rochdale story this season :o Usually fighting it down near the bottom & relentless struggle season after season......also selling one of the main strikers but still scoring 4 away from home is alot to take in.

Could even get automatic if they keep this up. A great run. hoping that they go up, along with Torquay in the conference.

Agreed MrBJ, wasn't Le Fondre signed from that exotic location of......Stockport...GM? :D

Goals: Le Fondre 29 (Quite cosmopolitan in Rochdale you know)

Agreed MrBJ, wasn't Le Fondre signed from that exotic location of......Stockport...GM? :o

That's the one chavy. I think we are signing Le Shuttlethwaite from Royton next :D

Tough game for the Dale today MrBJ !! Peterborough, they seem to be spending money right left & centre. I still fancy Keith Hill's boys to do the business though :D

Long trip down to the south coasts geriactic ward also known as Bournemouth for our lads today. Should beat them lot.......then again :o

Tough game for the Dale today MrBJ !! Peterborough, they seem to be spending money right left & centre. I still fancy Keith Hill's boys to do the business though :D

Long trip down to the south coasts geriactic ward also known as Bournemouth for our lads today. Should beat them lot.......then again :D

Yeah not easy at all chavy.

Don't know whether it will be called off or not. Just got up and looked out of the window and it's been snowing during the night. I fekking hate snow :o

I don't think there's any smilies to describe my anger after Satudays shower.

You and me both chavy. The Mighty Dale faltered as well on saturday. :o

I watched the City Arsenal game in Kanchanaburi & couldn't beleive it was the same team playing mate.

I had a sneaky feeling Dale would come unstuck against Peterborough tbh.

The Mighty Dale V Barnet

Off, water logged pitch again :o

It's hardly <deleted> rained today :D

Probably a good thing MrBJ......just couldn't see Barnet bringing coach loads up to Spotland on a Tuesday !!

See you neighbours "The Shakers" have appointed yet another big name manager to get the imagination going.

Bury & Knill often go hand in hand :D

Also we've added Watford's ex Millers striker Will Hoskins to our roster for the rest of the season. I think a fee of 500K has been agreed if he does the business...He seems to have lost his way abit at Watford after being prolific for Rotherham a season ago. Let's hope he's a success & is a lot more affrodable than the 2.5 mill we were going to spend last month.

Dale got stuffed 2-4 at home to Hereford last night. No further comment :o

It seems to be falling away from them right now MrBJ.....Hereford are the surprise package in L2 this season & just keep running up the wins home & away.

Dale got stuffed 2-4 at home to Hereford last night. No further comment :o

It seems to be falling away from them right now MrBJ.....Hereford are the surprise package in L2 this season & just keep running up the wins home & away.

And they knocked Leeds out of the FA Cup... :D

Swindon, at home today (I can't take these big games anymore!) & we owe them a result. Hopefully like the one we gave them a couple of years ago, 7-1....oh happy days !!

Last time out at their place we managed to score 3 goals away from home...problem was 2 of them were in our own net !! :o Hopefully this week our lot will realise which way they're kicking :D

The Mighty Dale are away to Bradford today. They need to start getting back to winning ways. Come on the Dale

Follow the pattern!!!!!

Once again they are underdogs. Coming upto half time, they are 1-0 up. :D

1 - 1 now jack :o

2-1 :D .

Thats a few meat pies Ive just won :D

Get in there

Bradford 1-2 The Mighty Dale

Adam Le Fondre's late strike gave Rochdale victory against Bradford.

The visitors went ahead when City defender Matt Clarke's interception from a throughball rolled past his wrong-footed goalkeeper Scott Loach.

Bradford levelled with a cool finish after Eddie Johnson's strike was deflected into his path.

Loach then saved impressively from Rene Howe's shot before Le Fondre unleashed a curling shot to win the game in the fourth minute of injury time.

I see the Dale have Notts County tomorrow night. I understand it might be off though due to a frozen pitch ?? Unless they can borrow the heat covers from Oldham.

Yeah i know. It is bl00dy cold though at the moment. There hasn't been any cloud for about a week now and although the days are nice and sunny, the temperature soon drops after the sun has gone down.

We could really do with getting some of these games in hand, out of the way. And prefferably points on the board. Joint 7th at the moment with Stockport, although we have 2 games in hand over them.

Archived