The Lower League Thread

mrbojangles

This part of the season could well be th 'make or break' part. Tonight we've got Carlisle then I think Orient or Donny ?? Which ever.......we're now meeting all those around us that could confirm likely play of heart ache, again or on the up side automatic promotion.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chavy sent me a great link earlier with pictures of Rochdale fans trying to thaw out the pitch with big fires in oil drums. However, it was to no avail and the match with Notts County has been called off.

I also see that Morecambe have been doing the same with patio heaters, hope they have more luck.

No luck either for Morecambe, patio heaters :o . Our game at Carlise was also called off (no surprise there really) seems any team north of Huddersfield was victim to the harsh weather.

Don't get these problems in Tropical Torquay. :D

No luck either for Morecambe, patio heaters :o . Our game at Carlise was also called off (no surprise there really) seems any team north of Huddersfield was victim to the harsh weather.

Typical southerner reaction :D

Typical southerner reaction :D

I'm not a Southener, I am a Pasty - which is South West, or also sometimes affectionatly known as The West Country :D

Southerner implies that I could be a Northener (Somerset above) if you take into account the gepgraphical location of my place.

It's been absolutely freezing all over the country for the last week or so. -5 this morning but it's lovely. Once it becomes light, the days have been glorious and sunny and quite warm. :D But if the ground is shaded it isn't getting enough sun to thaw out. I'd much prefer it like this to being windy and wet. And the days are getting lighter now, i quite like this time of year, you can see spring just around the corner. :D

The Mighty Dale Vs Wycombe

This is a bit of a crunch match and we'll see if Dale are upto the challenge. Wycombe are currently lying in the play off spot, with 54 points and played 33 games. The Dale are in 8th, just outside the play off's on 50 points but only played 30 games.

Having said that, it has been raining yesterday and today, so it will probably be a water logged pitch tomorrow :o

Just how many home matches have been called off at Spotland just recently? It seems like everytime they're due to play??

We've got Orient. Hopefully we can turn them over just like we did at home not so long back. We really need to sortout our away form to get that 2nd automatic spot.....I think Swansea are out of sight now to be caught.

They seem to have a deent team so can see the 'Dale' pulling out of this sooner rather than later. I can't say the same though for my other two local sides, Mansfield & Notts County. They're both in a mess at the wrong end of the table & in real danger of going down.

And another tricky fixture for the mighty dale this week. Rochdale in 9th play Chesterfield who are currently 8th. Come on the dale.

Home or away MrBJ ?? I'd been reading a couple of weeks ago that Chesterfield had terrible home form.

And another tricky fixture for the mighty dale this week. Rochdale in 9th play Chesterfield who are currently 8th. Come on the dale.

Home or away MrBJ ?? I'd been reading a couple of weeks ago that Chesterfield had terrible home form.

At home chavy but the Dale are permorming <deleted> at home currently. :o

At home chavy but the Dale are permorming <deleted> at home currently. :D

Rochdale have lost I think their last 4 home games!

But Chesterfield have lost their last 5 away games.

The bad news Mr BoJ is that Rochdale are slight favorites :D . They only remain unbeaten when they are underdogs :o

The bad news Mr BoJ is that Rochdale are slight favorites :D . They only remain unbeaten when they are underdogs :o

Oh <deleted>, that's the kiss of death then :D

And it was the kiss of death. Chesterfield scored in the dying minutes to win 0-1 :D

Crewe are the sacrificial lambs to the slaughter this Saturday........I hope :o

Yep and Mansfield are going to feel the "Wrath of Rochdale"

Come on the Dale

Your probably right there MrBJ, The Stags have a terrible home record putting it mildly !! If it was at Spotland then maybe a different outcome. I think Mansfield have won something like 6 out of 7 on the travels just recently.

Archived