BANGKOK
Sign in to follow this  
mrbojangles

The Lower League Thread

:D:D:D:bah::bah::o;):D

Okay, okay I'm happy, another good result for the Gulls.

All the new signings get in the goals, Zeborski, Phillips and Sills.

A good 3-2 win against Rushden, join top with Exeter and Cambridge. Can't complain about the start this season, and the general feeling at the club seems to be much more positive this season. A pretty good crowd today, over 3,000.

And Bristol City got a good win as well. Hope Man Utd can complete a good weeken tomorrow.

Not a good weekend for us :D a last minute goal from Beckford sent us packing 2 - 1 Haven't seen it yet but must of been off side ??? :o

Not a good weekend for us :D a last minute goal from Beckford sent us packing 2 - 1 Haven't seen it yet but must of been off side ??? :o

At least you are still 9 points above Leeds at present. Have to give Leeds ccredit though, they have really turned the adversity into somethin positivve, and they have got the start they needed. If they hadn't they could have been so far adrift at the bottom by the end of the month. If they continue to grind out the results lie this then they have a very good chance of getting at least a play off spot.

Not sure about your team Chavy, they seem to flatter to deceive somewhat in that division. A little bit like Bristol City for a number of years before finally getting promoted.

At least you are still 9 points above Leeds at present. Have to give Leeds ccredit though, they have really turned the adversity into somethin positivve, and they have got the start they needed. If they hadn't they could have been so far adrift at the bottom by the end of the month. If they continue to grind out the results lie this then they have a very good chance of getting at least a play off spot.

Not sure about your team Chavy, they seem to flatter to deceive somewhat in that division. A little bit like Bristol City for a number of years before finally getting promoted.

Yes totally agree your comment about us. The problem lies with the mentality of the club (& supporters) still think they shouldn't be in that division & as a result just need to turn up for three points. The last couple of seasons we've been the prize 'scalp' for teams like Orient , Bournemouth , Oldham etc etc. They treat the game like a cup final & raise their game which our lot just cannot cope with. It'll change a little this year with the introdution of Leeds but , as you say, all credit to them because they seem to have adjusted better to life in this division than we have even after more than 2 seasons trying

Well at least Rochdale got a point this weekend. Taking them up the league.................to second from bottom :o

Well at least Rochdale got a point this weekend. Taking them up the league.................to second from bottom :D

Hmmm....Is there a pub near the ground called the cemetery ? :o I'm sure I went in a pub up there with that name Mr BJ. Didn't bump into Gracie Fields or Cyril Smith though :D

Well at least Rochdale got a point this weekend. Taking them up the league.................to second from bottom :D

Hmmm....Is there a pub near the ground called the cemetery ? :o I'm sure I went in a pub up there with that name Mr BJ. Didn't bump into Gracie Fields or Cyril Smith though :D

There is indeed chavy. On the corner at the traffic lights.

For some reason during my teenage years, Rochdale sround was never a place I wanted to visit......Spotland :D

Myabe, it was an Adrain Mole ground :D

:o

Hmmm....Is there a pub near the ground called the cemetery ? :D I'm sure I went in a pub up there with that name Mr BJ. Didn't bump into Gracie Fields or Cyril Smith though :bah:

For some reason during my teenage years, Rochdale sround was never a place I wanted to visit......Spotland :D

Myabe, it was an Adrain Mole ground :D

Apparently Trundle scored 2 scorchers for Bristol City on saturday.

Anyone got a link to see them ?

It looks like the Superblues are on a roll already this season. The Premiership beckons once again for Portman Road, I can feel it... :o

It looks like the Superblues are on a roll already this season. The Premiership beckons once again for Portman Road, I can feel it... :o

Jim Magilton's Blue & White army !!!!! :D

A little dissapointed with the draw at Forest Green yesterday, but in the context of things I should be happy as we are now top. All the other teams also dropped points at the top so can't really complain.

Leicester tonight at home in the Carling cup or whatever it's called nowdays....should be a bit lively against the local rivals from down the Fosse way

It looks like the Superblues are on a roll already this season. The Premiership beckons once again for Portman Road, I can feel it... :D

I know, it doesn't have much of a ring to it... :o

(But, give the man a chance, he may surprise us.)

Just recently there's been a few incidents of players dieing or collapsing. Last night at our game against Leicester one of their players collapsed & is in a critical way in hospital. We were leading 1 - 0 at half time when it happened but obviously out of respect we had to abandon the game....hope the lad makes a full recovery

It looks like the Superblues are on a roll already this season. The Premiership beckons once again for Portman Road, I can feel it... :D

I know, it doesn't have much of a ring to it... :o

(But, give the man a chance, he may surprise us.)

I wasn't taking the p***s jasreeve...quite the opposite, Jim Magilton was one of those players who did a solid job for many years, not a spectacular player but reliable & knew what you were going to get from him. I hope he does well.