The Lower League Thread

mrbojangles

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The mighty "Dale" :o are away to Shrewsbury tomorrow. Time to kick it into gear now lads :D

At the new "Gay" Meadow....watch out boys

Whats the new "GAY" Meadow called, Homofield? :D

Chavy, you must be happy with that result today, a little way to avenging last seasons hammering from Yeovil.

Mr Boj, looks like, if you excuse the phrase, Dale came from behind twice to snatch the points at the Gay Meadow. :D

Mr Boj, looks like, if you excuse the phrase, Dale came from behind twice to snatch the points at the Gay Meadow. :D

:D :D

I think they where trying to defend their "area's" :o too much in the first half and had their backs to the wall. But in the second half decided to push forward.

Well done the Dale, moved up to 16th place now. :D

Mr Boj, looks like, if you excuse the phrase, Dale came from behind twice to snatch the points at the Gay Meadow. :bah:

:D :D

I think they where trying to defend their "area's" :o too much in the first half and had their backs to the wall. But in the second half decided to push forward.

Well done the Dale, moved up to 16th place now. :bah:

A nice straight answear :D:D

The mighty "Dale" :o are away to Shrewsbury tomorrow. Time to kick it into gear now lads :D

At the new "Gay" Meadow....watch out boys

Whats the new "GAY" Meadow called, Homofield? :D

Chavy, you must be happy with that result today, a little way to avenging last seasons hammering from Yeovil.

Yep, very pleased with the result from down near you neck of the woods :D another 3 points to keep the ball rolling towards the title.

:o Nice people here :D

Anyway,i been a Ipswich fans for 20 years ,i try to come to Portman Road so often i can.

They have many suppoerters in Scandinavia and are simpley the best.

Forza Town

Take no notice of us kenneth. We're just having a little football banter. You should see the grief they give me :D

Welcome to ThaiVisa by the way :D

Anyway,i been a Ipswich fans for 20 years ,i try to come to Portman Road so often i can.

Forza Town

Take no notice of us kenneth. We're just having a little football banter. You should see the grief they give me :D

Welcome to ThaiVisa by the way :D

Yes Kenneth take no notice & welcome to the forum. MrBJ is right he does take his fair share of stick....but he deserves it by being a closet Rochdale fan :D

chavy, I thought I'd help keep the lower league thread on the first page with a mention of Tranmere Rovers (the first proper club I ever watched way back in about 1955) can't really claim any greatness for them, but I always keep an affectionate eye on them from a distance. I see once again they are currently 2nd (In Division 1) but it's early days and no doubt will slip down afew notches as the season progresses.

chavy, I thought I'd help keep the lower league thread on the first page with a mention of Tranmere Rovers (the first proper club I ever watched way back in about 1955) can't really claim any greatness for them, but I always keep an affectionate eye on them from a distance. I see once again they are currently 2nd (In Division 1) but it's early days and no doubt will slip down afew notches as the season progresses.

Hey Ken, Coincidently I met another Tranmere supporter a few weeks ago whilst in Kanchanaburi. This guy was a tube driver in London ! but was a true die hard Tranmere fan through & through.

1955 Ken :D wow... I bet Prenton Park was a sight to behold in those days eh?? :o

Hey Ken, Coincidently I met another Tranmere supporter a few weeks ago whilst in Kanchanaburi. This guy was a tube driver in London ! but was a true die hard Tranmere fan through & through.

1955 Ken :D wow... I bet Prenton Park was a sight to behold in those days eh?? :o

You better believe it.

Dad never took me again, in fact he only went under suffurance, my Mum made him as it was my 8th birthday and I was football/sports mad.

Next birthday Mum took me to watch the Toffees play Sheff Wd at Goodison Pk. not a fan of either but like a good game and became a Man Utd fan first off watching a cup final between Aston Villa And Man.U., only for our keeper (Ray Wood I think) got his jaw broken - then I was deeply affected by Munich aircrash - then totally pissed off the following cup final when Nat Lofthouse (Bolton Wanderers) barged our keeper over the line - all was fair in those days.

You better believe it.

Dad never took me again, in fact he only went under suffurance, my Mum made him as it was my 8th birthday and I was football/sports mad.

Next birthday Mum took me to watch the Toffees play Sheff Wd at Goodison Pk. not a fan of either but like a good game and became a Man Utd fan first off watching a cup final between Aston Villa And Man.U., only for our keeper (Ray Wood I think) got his jaw broken - then I was deeply affected by Munich aircrash - then totally pissed off the following cup final when Nat Lofthouse (Bolton Wanderers) barged our keeper over the line - all was fair in those days.

:D:D I tell you what Ken, I bet Nat Lofthouse & co wouldn't know what to do now days if they were playing, I remember watching old footage of games where it seemed to be open season on goalies....made me shudder just watching it.

First game I ever went to was Notts County V Cambridge !! My uncle took me down & I think the experience of the dullest 90 minutes in memory forced me accross the river to support the incredible journey of following Forest through the heady days of Brian Clough to todays sorry state. :D

I took a break during the disasterous reign of David Platt & followed non league & lower league clubs. That was probably the best thing I did to see how the game is at the other end of the scale.

I was lucky to have had a Mum who was a good sport and a Grandad ( her dad) who took me to watch Hitchen, with an up bringing like that one is happy just to watch a good game. Even now if I see the kids on the beach here having a kick about I'm right in there roaring encouragement. It's a great game after all.

Forza Town

Get used to it. It's all pretty harmless fun in here and lot of banter. A few sometimes dip in and take offence, but this is the best forum in TV. :D

Enjoy it. :D

Yes its a great forum.Im enjoyed to read here.

And im happy cause i go to Portman Road on saturday.

Ipswich vs PNE ithink a very difficult game

Big Huges to all footballs fans all over the world.especielly to all them who like Ipswich :D

Ken, quite a few of us on this forum know each other or know quite a bit about each other. Do you want to introduce yourself. Like, i'm intrigued how a guy from Sweden ended up supporting Ipswich :o

Abba use to holiday in Gt Yarmouth MrBJ :D or Sven use to manage Ipswich :D that's all I can think of !!

Maybe his Volvo broke down there and he ended up staying :o

Do Volvo make tractors ?? :D

If we carry on like this MrBJ the poor bloke wont come back again......or he might swich teams & support Norwich :D

Abba use to holiday in Gt Yarmouth MrBJ :D or Sven use to manage Ipswich :D that's all I can think of !!

Do Volvo make tractors ?? :bah:

If we carry on like this MrBJ the poor bloke wont come back again......or he might swich teams & support Norwich :D

Nah, he'll be another typical United fan :D

Do Volvo make tractors ?? :D

Don't know what happened there with it posting twice :D Strange things these new fangled computers.

Where are you Ken ?? come on , get out of the hay stack & come & play !! You can have a pop at me & Forest if you want mate :D .......If you do though I'll do a runner......as always :o

Archived