Aviation Mechanic School

mogoso

Looking for aviation mechanic school for my stepson. I know he'll need the computer training first but whats availible to him in Thailand, as he has an interest in computers and mechanics

Is your stepson Thai? I have been involved in aviation in Thailand for 24 years, during this time I have spent a lot of time with Thai Aircraft Engineers, they have all been trained with the Thai Airforce or Police Airwing and after their time joined the civilian aviation scene. I think the airlines are offering cadetships these days, perhaps you could try contacting them for some info.

true and it is only thai that are allowed to work in this industry.

blinky bill you still in aviation?

Yep, still flapping around various parts of the world.

The Thai Flight Training School see here I believe only provides flight training and not Aircraft Engineering apprentiships. I may be wrong.

• 4 weeks later...
Looking for aviation mechanic school for my stepson. I know he'll need the computer training first but whats availible to him in Thailand, as he has an interest in computers and mechanics

Mogoso,

I assume you are from USA since you used the term aviation mechanic. I am a US FAA Designated Mechnaic Examiner and have been researching schools in South East Asia for future teaching opportunities. At this time there does not seem to be any aviation maintenance training schools in Thailand although one may open in ISSAN area in the near future. Having instructed in various parts of the world I believe the most valuable training is found in the USA or UK. Both have course that are recognized around the world, Thailand included. Taking the training in an engish speaking country will also be of great benefit. As for Thailand, contact the Chiang Mai Flying Club for the latest on training here.

• Like 1

Mogoso,

I assume you are from USA since you used the term aviation mechanic. I am a US FAA Designated Mechnaic Examiner and have been researching schools in South East Asia for future teaching opportunities. At this time there does not seem to be any aviation maintenance training schools in Thailand although one may open in ISSAN area in the near future. Having instructed in various parts of the world I believe the most valuable training is found in the USA or UK. Both have course that are recognized around the world, Thailand included. Taking the training in an engish speaking country will also be of great benefit. As for Thailand, contact the Chiang Mai Flying Club for the latest on training here.

I've not come across any nonmilitary school, so it looks like the US is our best bet. Thank you all for the info imparted.