Multiple Non-b In Ireland Problems!

Hi there everyone,

Can anyone explain or shed some light on why i am having difficulty getting a new one year multiple entry Non_b Visa.

I have a small company doing yacht charters, i am the only employee, and have, upto this year have never had a problem getting the above visa. (5+years already) I have a work permit issued five years ago and has been continually renewed to date.

Every time i have applied for the visa i have included a copy of my wp, company papers, tax returns etc etc

In april i travelled down to KL to get a new visa and was only issued a 3 month single entry. The staff in the embassy said that as my wp had "expired' i could only have a single entry. ( the wp had technically expired as i was over 90 days since last renewal)Apparently because the first page has a "validity" of only one year even tho the wp has been "booked" with the labour office everytime i left the country and contains all of the extension stamps to match every visa entry to the kingdom (ie every 3 months).

I have now just applied to the consulate in dublin, and have just been advised by the consulate staff that they have been issued new guidlines on multiple visa's and that there may be a problem with my application again because of my wp, only this time my last 90 day entry to the kingdom was on 6th aug so the wp is still valid. After a very lengthy call, the consuilate staff are now checking with the uk embassy to see if i can be issued with the visa. Of course i dont have the actual wp with me as it was still in the labour dept when i left, But had copied the first pages for my application. I have already emailed my lawyer in thailand to send the additional extension pages but the staff are not sure if this will be sufficient.

Can anyone please help and advise on what the "NEW" rules are and what exactly i need to do to have a hassle frre visa experience as no one so far, either in KL or dublin can tell me the correct paperwork that i need.

I just want to know the correct legal hoops i have to jump thru to be legal in thailand as i have grown to love the people, lifestyle and everything about the kingdom..... yes even the Bullsh*it that happens everyday.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, and i hope this is a heads up to everyone trying to get a new non-b multiple..... its getting much harder EVERYWHERE....

Cheers

Smartie :o

Hello. Sorry for your woes. :o

I believe most consulates and embassies are now cracking down on continual issuing of Multi Non B,s which is what you appear to have been doing for 5 years?

I understand ( through talking with Immigration in Jomtien ) that once you have the WP they now "prefer" that you apply for the Extended Visa ( as many teachers do ).

Can you not go this route yourself? It saves you doing the border runs obviously although you still have to do 90 day reporting.

Can i ask why you have never applied for a visa extension?

Hi There,

I never was aware until this year about the extension route until this year, and as i need 4 employees and dont have them. Plus i usually use the border runs to visit other parts of asia for a week or so, (otherwise i think i would get lazy and never leave the kingdom!)

Just seems to me that the powers that be just dont encourage small buisness's anymore.....

Cheers