Mcdonalds Breakfast

jEFFREYk44

Unfortunately, they have also substituted English/Canadian bacon instead of ham in the Egg McMuffins. I like both, but would like the choice and ham was the original ingredient and tastes just right to my taste buds. :o

In the USA, they have always used Canadian bacon in the Egg McMuffin. Tastes like ham, but isn't.

Here in Korat, we have the hash browns on the menu. No breakfasts yet.

I am at a McD near Khao San Road across from some monument. I am eating a Sausa-ge McMuffin. It is the worst I have ever had anywhere. I am happy they are offering it, but it surprises me that McDonald's would allow them to serve this crap.......the sausage it absolutely terrible. I had the same thing in China (where they also serve pancakes) and it was wonderful, just like back in the USA. My guess is that I am eating a locally-made sausage that was made by a company that has no idea how to make sausage...........yuuukkkk

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, but according to your avatar you drink crap beer and probably eat a lot of other crap, so you are nothing special. :o

What? Where did that come from? Personally, I do not think any of us are "special." On the ladder of evolution, we are probably beneath crap. It is hard to imagine a more messed up species......so much wasted potential.......so many simple solutions to our problems.........all being ignored so that a few elites can stuff their pockets with money at the expense of both present and future generations. Somebody needs to hit us with a huge flyswatter (aka. humanswatter).

Yeah, but according to your avatar you drink crap beer and probably eat a lot of other crap, so you are nothing special. :o

What? Where did that come from?

I just get tired of pretentious bores who think that they are intellectually superior because they supposedly don't eat at McDonalds. :D

Had the McDonalds Big Breakfast this morning at CP Silom!

Was great considering I haven't had it for 2 years! :o

But now that I've satisfied my "craving", I probably won't be back for a while unless they start serving it at a branch near me...

Cost was 105 Baht, plus I spent about 50 on BTS... so 155 baht.

Could have walked to Ascott Sathorn Hotel (4 star) near my house and added only 95 baht for their 250 baht All You Can Eat Breakfast buffet complete with lotsa bacon, ham, sausages, fruits, potatoes, cereal, breads, etc. etc. etc. :D

If you could have walked to the Ascott from your house then how did the BTS cost you B25 each way? I can only presume you got on at Sapan Thaksin and off at Sala Daeng? Quite a walk from Sapan Thaksin to the Ascot. You could of course just gone to the McD's at Chong Nonsi. Only a few mins from the Ascott.

Strange, or is there another Ascot Sathorn that i don't know about?

I just get tired of pretentious bores who think that they are intellectually superior because they supposedly don't eat at McDonalds. :D

I think you have me confused with another pretentious bore poster. I am the pretentious bore who has been asking McDonalds in Thailand to serve breakfast precisely because I like it.......especially pancakes and sausage. Now that they have finally done it, I am greatly disappointed in the quality of it.

I think you have me confused with another pretentious bore poster. I am the pretentious bore who has been asking McDonalds in Thailand to serve breakfast precisely because I like it.......especially pancakes and sausage. Now that they have finally done it, I am greatly disappointed in the quality of it.

Actually, you seem to have confused yourself with someone else. I never referred to you or one of your posts until you asked me "What? Where did that come from"? about my response to another poster above.

However, I did have the chance to try one McD's breakfast in Thailand around the beginning of September and I thought that it was terrible also. I don't understand why as they are good in Singapore, the Philipines and all over the land of Oz. :D

Edited by Ulysses G.

Cant believe people eat Mcshit breakie. Well i can. But just not in Thailand. So much better food around. Also i'd prefer a full Scottish or English breakie. Not plastic McShit breakfast. :D But then thats just my opinion. :o

You're welcome to your mushy tomato and your beans for breakfast. Give me a McMuffin anytime.

Actually, you seem to have confused yourself with someone else. I never referred to you or one of your posts until you asked me "What? Where did that come from"? about my response to another poster above.

However, I did have the chance to try one McD's breakfast in Thailand around the beginning of September and I thought that it was terrible also. I don't understand why as they are good in Singapore, the Philipines and all over the land of Oz. :D

Yes.......confusion.....sorry. I ate MdD in China and it was wonderful.......the sausage tasted and even looked like Jimmie Dean sage sausage........and the pancakes were fantastic. But the Chinese are very, very smart people...............

Hahahahaha!

Agree there... :D

Had the McDonalds Big Breakfast this morning at CP Silom!

Was great considering I haven't had it for 2 years! :o

But now that I've satisfied my "craving", I probably won't be back for a while unless they start serving it at a branch near me...

Cost was 105 Baht, plus I spent about 50 on BTS... so 155 baht.

Could have walked to Ascott Sathorn Hotel (4 star) near my house and added only 95 baht for their 250 baht All You Can Eat Breakfast buffet complete with lotsa bacon, ham, sausages, fruits, potatoes, cereal, breads, etc. etc. etc. :D

If you could have walked to the Ascott from your house then how did the BTS cost you B25 each way? I can only presume you got on at Sapan Thaksin and off at Sala Daeng? Quite a walk from Sapan Thaksin to the Ascot. You could of course just gone to the McD's at Chong Nonsi. Only a few mins from the Ascott.

Strange, or is there another Ascot Sathorn that i don't know about?

There's another BTS station in between Chong Nonsi and Sapan Taksin.

It's called Surasak.

I believe McDs Chongnonsi was not (as still is not?) included in the initial batch of branches which offer breakfasts.

Edited by junkofdavid2

There's another BTS station in between Chong Nonsi and Sapan Taksin.

It's called Surasak.

I'm well aware of that, the BTS fare Surasak-Sala Daeng would only be B20 each way, as you said B50 in total then i had to presume you came from Taksin.

Anyway, hope you enjoyed the breakfast, i must check the one at the Ascott some morning.

Edited by ZukiSuzuki

All McDonalds are currently serving the awesome McRib as a special. It's called the BBQ Rib Burger though but same same.

Too bad it's pork and not beef. :o

Bit of an update........I am in China at the moment and the pancakes and sausage are just like back in the USA.......was in Thailand a week ago and ate at McD and it was so bad.......terrible......awful.......the food is so much better in Thailand. Even ate at KFC yesterday and it is much better than in Thailand.

As an aside (off topic), the food here in general is about 1.4 billion times better than the food in Thailand. The weather is cool........and the girls are gorgeous (and even smart). Nice place for a short break.

I am in China at the moment

As an aside (off topic), the food here in general is about 1.4 billion times better than the food in Thailand. The weather is cool........and the girls are gorgeous (and even smart). Nice place for a short break.

:o:D:D

Who says Americans don't have a sense of humour? As the survivor of various 'fear factor' lunches in China over the years, I have to say that is one of the more entertaining assertions I have heard ...

Who says Americans don't have a sense of humour? As the survivor of various 'fear factor' lunches in China over the years, I have to say that is one of the more entertaining assertions I have heard ...

Fear factor lunches? You must have been eating at bad places. They have those all over Thailand, by the way. The food here is magnificent. Truly wonderful food....no joke. It helps, of course, to go to dinner with Chinese friends. They know what to order and where to go. Last night I had dinner with four people and we shared six dishes......all great........typical meal. Thai food is horrible in comparison. I was just in the Paragon in Bangkok eating what I guess Thais want to pass off as great food......it was nothing special at all. In China you can really eat well.

Funny this thread has more posts than I would have expected. I like McDs. It's prole-food. I keeps us lower income lower lifestyle people nice and square. Is the Silom place next to the intersection opposite lumpini park? I might just waddle down there one of these days.

Edited by disgruntled

Fear factor lunches? You must have been eating at bad places. They have those all over Thailand, by the way. The food here is magnificent. Truly wonderful food....no joke. It helps, of course, to go to dinner with Chinese friends. They know what to order and where to go. Last night I had dinner with four people and we shared six dishes......all great........typical meal. Thai food is horrible in comparison. I was just in the Paragon in Bangkok eating what I guess Thais want to pass off as great food......it was nothing special at all. In China you can really eat well.

Cobblers - I've been to lunch and dinner with various Chinese friends & colleagues over the years in Shanghai, Beijing and Hong Kong - in upmarket restaurants and more cosy, local style places (personally, I prefer the latter wherever I am in the world) I quite like some Chinese food - spicy Yunnan, Szechuan and some Shanghainese dishes for example, and I'm rather partial to those Taiwanese dumplings although I can't recall what their name is - but as for your assertion that 'typical' Chinese food is better than 'typical' Thai food (of a similar standard) ... sorry, but don't make me laugh...

... PS. try Shanghai during Hairy Crab season - if you genuinely prefer that to Thai style crab curry (boo pak bongaree) or with chilli and black pepper then I salute you and will happily buy you several beers if or hopefully when our paths have chance to cross!

CC

I take it your never going to return to Thailand then as you seem to hate every single aspect of the country. And pleaaaase, if you think average Chinese food is better than Thai food where the hel_l have you been eating? (oh sorry you answered that already, KFC and MacD) :D

Sorry to piss on the collective bonfire here, but the McMuffins are actually being made with regular burger baps according to one of my friends. I haven't made it to try for myself yet, can anyone confirm if this is the case? I love MaccyD's breakfast and had one in KL this week, it would be great to get them here too...

In KL the breakfast is bad, the Mcmuffin is chicken, not beef :o

Sorry to piss on the collective bonfire here, but the McMuffins are actually being made with regular burger baps according to one of my friends. I haven't made it to try for myself yet, can anyone confirm if this is the case? I love MaccyD's breakfast and had one in KL this week, it would be great to get them here too...

In KL the breakfast is bad, the Mcmuffin is chicken, not beef :D

Actually, it is normally pork. KL, Muslims you know? :o

In KL the breakfast is bad, the Mcmuffin is chicken, not beef :o

An Egg McMuffin is Canadian Bacon & Sausage McMuffin's are pork sausage. Where have you ever had beef in a McMuffin?

I take it your never going to return to Thailand then as you seem to hate every single aspect of the country. And pleaaaase, if you think average Chinese food is better than Thai food where the hel_l have you been eating? (oh sorry you answered that already, KFC and MacD) :bah:

Unfortunately I have been in Thailand since 1986, have a house, Thai relatives (from hel_l), speak the language, etc. I will always return to Thailand and perhaps soon. It is like my second home. But I hate the changes that I have taken place in Thailand over the past seven years, and it seems like it is a sinking ship at the moment.

Virtually everything about Thailand seems like a bad joke in comparison to China. Having said that, I am living in one of the best places to be in China. It is a huge country and there are good and bad places in China.

Where have I been eating? All over...........but not on the street.

Yes, I love to take a break from Asian food and that is why I eat at McD and other Western food establishments. I actually hate McD's hamburgers and that is why I like their pancakes and sausage.

I like variety........speaking of variety.........there are huge numbers of different Chinese dishes........only a few Thai dishes (relatively speaking). Oh well......to each his own. Tomorrow I am having a wonderful shredded pork dish with bell peppers and carrots, along with a dish of the best green beans that I have ever eaten.

I hope you don't choke on the somtom........ :D :D :bah:

Spoken like a manager of one of the McDs in Thailand :D :D :o I think the moderators have more important things to focus on. Back on topic: Do you like McD's breakfast menu? Is it like back in the USA? If not, why is it that it is identical to the USA in China but not in Thailand?