Mcdonalds Breakfast

jEFFREYk44

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

An Macmuffin comes in handy for me sometimes, but want to try that Ascott Hotel breakfast for 250 Baht. WHat time is it on? Also in weekends? CHeers!

Yeh, i live on Sathorn and want to give that a try too.

If i have time i will call in there in the next day or two as i pass on my way home, will try to find out some info.

• 1 month later...

An update:

When I first had the McDonald's breakfast here, they served it with real McDonald's biscuits like in other countries.

I had it again a few days ago and they just used the usual McDonald's plain bun for hamburgers. :o

Edited by junkofdavid2

Nothing surprising there...on a related note, they seem to be delivering it now! 9-11 AM, according to the flyer I have in my hand.

I like the 'feeling' of being inside the McD for breakfast... with the smell of coffee and all. Feels like you're in the States. :D

But anyway, how much is the minimum delivery amount? :o

An update:

When I first had the McDonald's breakfast here, they served it with real McDonald's biscuits like in other countries.

I had it again a few days ago and they just used the usual McDonald's plain bun for hamburgers. :D

That is what they pulled on me too. Just not the same delicious taste! :o

Nothing surprising there...on a related note, they seem to be delivering it now! 9-11 AM, according to the flyer I have in my hand.

I like the 'feeling' of being inside the McD for breakfast... with the smell of coffee and all. Feels like you're in the States. :D

But anyway, how much is the minimum delivery amount? :o

20 Baht delivery charge, no minimum order...as for being inside McD's, I feel that in Thailand they're much more sparsely decorated than in Europe/US and they only have the breakfast menu in a few places, don't really feel like taking the BTS to enjoy a morning burger in some dump :D

• 2 weeks later...

Also, they are not selling pancakes here. Why is Thailand the ONLY place in this part of the world where they have to change a succesful formula?

I've been waiting for years for them to do breakfasts and they just started last week in Chiang Mai, but with no English muffins and no pancakes, I rather go to Bake and Bite which has both! :o

Why is Thailand the ONLY place in this part of the world where they have to change a succesful formula?

It should be obvious - it is down to pure greed as usual.

It's easy to short change the customer when the customer is conditioned not to complain and expectations are low.

Or perhaps their market research revealed insufficient demand for these specific products amongst the total consumer population? Or that more consumers actually prefer the bun that you don't like? There are, after all, 60M or so Thais as well as the farang expats living in Thailand. I'm sure McD's have done this once or twice before ...

On the other hand it could be some kind of conspiracy between McD's and, err, well, 'them' :o

CC

I don't know if anyone has noticed but the McMuffins are no longer available. Instead they have the same fillings on a burger bun and are calling them 'sausage and egg burger', bacon and egg burger' etc.

A poor substitute for a proper McMuffin.

I noticed that yesterday at Major Sukhumvit. I said to my kids, "Look, Sausage McMuffin"... then "umm... that looks like a burger bun, not a muffin".

Would prefer the muffin - but I have nothing against sausage and egg burgers either :o

Add the Mikkie D's branch at Bumrungrad Hospital to the breakfast locations list.

Had an early appointment at the hosp. Weds. and stopped in afterward for a snack. They had big signs up all over the MD outlet there advertising their breakfast.

For the record, I NEVER eat at Mikkie D's in the states, at least since I was a kid... (can you say... worm burgers....or... Super Size Me????) But, I was hungry and I'd heard from friends that MD's in Thailand are better than the U.S. So I figured I'd give it a first-time Thailand try.

Well, as to better than the U.S., I'd say NOT... I tried a double Big Mac, and it came out perfectly dry and pretty tasteless.... and no sauce of any kind on the burger that I could see. And when I went looking for mustard, the dispenser instead had red/gooey/sweet Thai sauce. YUCK...for burgers....

But because it was breakfast, I also tried one each of their sausage and ham mcmuffin things. Not bad, capable to eat, just the hamburger style bun (not English muffin), the meat, a fried egg patty and some cheese. I think they were going for 49 baht.

They also had a breakfast plate, that seemed to offer a meat patty, eggs, bun, hash brown nuggets and coffee... Don't recall seeing anything about pancakes.

So, I gave it my first and only try. Not anxious to repeat the experience. Too many other better choices to try.