Anyone Familiar With Pasang Village?

kenk3z

I may have the opportunity to visit a friend living in Pasang soon. I can find a few things about Pasang on the Internet, but I'd like to hear from anyone familiar with Pasang - what I should see nearby while visiting? Always good to have multiple opinions.

Since its not too likely to find accomodation in Pasang or Lamphun, can anyone give me a few suggestions for Chiang Mai hotels that are on the same side of town - convenient to Pasang?

Thanks for any information or opinions.......

kenk3z

There is a famous temple on a hiil south of Pasang. Fantastic especially if you walk around the lake and then up the 482 steps to the top of the 'other' temple.

Here you go Pasang day out

Pasang day out

You can thank me later for this one:-)

There are a few hotels in Lamphun town plus a very new one called Regent near the Northern Industrial Estate if you want up market.

Anywhere in CM is convenient as it is nowhere near:-)

CT

Thanks for the great link CTG - I was hoping for more pictures and your link has many. Too bad I can't get the larger pictures of the Wat to open up from the thumbnails, but still can get a lot more information.

I was familiar with this Wat but did not know it was a little south of town and near a lake, etc. It will definitely be part of the visit.

Also interesting was the link in there somewhere about transportation. Not sure if traffic in CM area is any different from BKK, but it is tempting to consider the idea of renting a scooter to tool around CM. But I like to live. And I wouldn't like to leave my passport with the owner. :o

What is the temple's name, also known as the "White Temple"? If I remember correctly that is also somewhere around CM.

kenk3z

Hi

Think that a copy of the passport is pretty acceptable these days as technically Thai law requires a foreigner to carry a passport.

CM is nothing like BKK for traffic and a motorbike is a great option.

Pasang can be reached on a bike as well.

Not sure about the 'White Temple'. There are about 300 in CM area so you will not run out of them.

I could not make the large pictures open at that link either but the whole place was definitely splendid. Supremely peaceful. You walk thru the first part, thru wear the mionks live, it is a training temple, and past the lake to the start of all the steps.

Lamphun is worth half a day but half always struggled with food there. Mango on sticky rice 20b!! The BEST friend bananas anywhere are sold here too. So it is a picnic in the park each visit.

The link i sent you has a lot of interesting days out to amuse.

If you have never been up here and are a 'Bangkokian' be prepared to move house:-)

Thanks for the help everyone.

Yes, the "white temple" that I saw in pictures on the web looks to be Wat Rong Khun. I won't likely have time to visit on this trip but it looks like something to see when visiting Chiang Rai.

I happened to stumble across a web page with someone's photos of their wedding and vacation. Lots of pictures from many places in Thailand - sort of a pre-wedding vacation, the wedding ceremony, and then the honeymoon I guess. To me, it seemed a quite well-off Thai family. :o

kenk3z

Hi

Think that a copy of the passport is pretty acceptable these days as technically Thai law requires a foreigner to carry a passport.

CM is nothing like BKK for traffic and a motorbike is a great option.

Pasang can be reached on a bike as well.

Not sure about the 'White Temple'. There are about 300 in CM area so you will not run out of them.

I could not make the large pictures open at that link either but the whole place was definitely splendid. Supremely peaceful. You walk thru the first part, thru wear the mionks live, it is a training temple, and past the lake to the start of all the steps.

Lamphun is worth half a day but half always struggled with food there. Mango on sticky rice 20b!! The BEST friend bananas anywhere are sold here too. So it is a picnic in the park each visit.

The link i sent you has a lot of interesting days out to amuse.

If you have never been up here and are a 'Bangkokian' be prepared to move house:-)

wow CTG,do you often drink before you surf? If sober now proof read this post,,I got a hoot. :o

Kevin - please don't chase the cute thai girls away. :o

If I tried to post anything in Thai it would be much worse errors than one or two misplaced letters........

So, my personal plan is to do what I can to keep interested Thai people here to help us out. Because I benefit from the help. :D

kenk3z

Kevin

Oh :o

I see you think i have a FRIEND banana and not want i meant to say which was FRIED.

:D

i can tell you that i was at the FRIED banana place today and because of the floods in the north they had not any banana to fry or make friends with :D

i do not know what a moink is but if you go to the Temple you MAY see one?

I think the forum should have a spell check button so i do not make you think i am friend with a banana. i am not Pattaya Patpong girl!!!

Never drink but may be tired :D

CTG; I know, I just got a kick out of it,everyone makes mistakes, The only one that doesn't is someone that is not doing anything.

If you are using IE browser,you can download IESPELL spell checker,I have used it for years , but I changed to MOZILLA FIREFOX browser and so can not use it anymore.

Here is a link;;http://www.iespell.com/

try it,you'll like it and it is free.

Kevin

• 3 weeks later...