The Bear Pit

Two brief Q's r.e. the infamous Bearpit, the first of which I think I have mentioned before which was why is there no link as it's a branch of thaivisa?

Secondly - it sound like a place where the gloves come off quite a lot so I was wondering to what standard is it moderated?

How lenient are the mods - I suppose what I'm saying is, is it more difficult to get banned on TBP than it is here?

Thankyou,

TGS

Two brief Q's r.e. the infamous Bearpit, the first of which I think I have mentioned before which was why is there no link as it's a branch of thaivisa?

there is a link if you scroll down to the thaivisa community forums

Bear Pit - World Politics

Secondly - it sound like a place where the gloves come off quite a lot so I was wondering to what standard is it moderated?

How lenient are the mods - I suppose what I'm saying is, is it more difficult to get banned on TBP than it is here?

lets pretend you can be a normal member and post without being banned...just an idea

lets pretend you can be a normal member and post without being banned...just an idea

That wasn't really called for was it?

I know what you mean by that and I'm not looking for a challenge to see how much I can get away with before being banned - far from it, I don't want to be banned and I wouldn't try to be - I could just imagine that topics get a lot more heated in The Bear Pit and therefore one could discuss things that wouldn't be allowed or tolerated on here.

I think that this very enquiry just goes to show that I do want to be a 'normal' member and want to see how the land lies before posting down there, but if it's planted a seed in your head that I'm out to cause trouble then I'd rather stick to what I know.

Thanks anyway.

there is a link if you scroll down to the thaivisa community forums

Bear Pit - World Politics

I've scrolled down to Community Forums on many occasions and I only have...

Farang girls in Thailand.

Radio BKK.

Gay People In Thailand.

Member Photo Albums and BKK Chat, no idea why I don't have it.

However I can use the link you've posted to have a look.

Have a look there by all means. I myself decided not to join. It says world politics but what I found, nearly 900 topics on US-internal matters (perhaps some UK),

just about 50 Asian and European topics.

I cannot really see where are the world politics, 2 out of about 260 countries in this world.

Over 100 jokes, most of them US-related, so when you laugh you are bashing the country....

The discussions seem to be just black or white, you don't like one guy you are a hero to half and a commie to the other half, or the other way round.

No real fun to me, no resolutions in discussions. but than this only IMHO.

Have a look there by all means. I myself decided not to join. It says world politics but what I found, nearly 900 topics on US-internal matters (perhaps some UK),

just about 50 Asian and European topics.

I cannot really see where are the world politics, 2 out of about 260 countries in this world.

Over 100 jokes, most of them US-related, so when you laugh you are bashing the country....

The discussions seem to be just black or white, you don't like one guy you are a hero to half and a commie to the other half, or the other way round.

No real fun to me, no resolutions in discussions. but than this only IMHO.

Pretty accurate Axel, It really should be called the America Bashers site.

Either you stick up for the US or you hate it worse than Nazi Germany.

One funny thing is that no one ever criticizes anyone on "their" team, no matter how nutty they are, but they get really indignant about all the wackos on the other side and demand that they be banned; It's really a bunch of liars and hypocrites railing at each other.

I've always been against having a Bear-Pit, but I felt for a long time that I had to defend my country. Now there are lots of nutty fundamentalist Christians watching out for the homeland, and they are a lot more serious than me, so I have mostly retired.

The whole thing makes me sick really, but it's easy to get caught up in.

All I can say to past adversaries is, you wouldn't like it if it were your country! :o

The Pit is maturing even as we speak.

There is some good stuff coming up on there now with the intorduction of a few more sub-forums. The excess of US politics is mainly due to the forthcoming elections, plus there is so much to discuss with regards to US politics. The moderating team do a good job considering the Pit is a gloves off forum.

I think it is easier to get banned in the Pit than it is on thaivisa, is that right Georgie-P?

Gotta agree, Leith, it's a better place recently than a month or so ago. The new Mods have settled in and are not micro-managing as they once were.

The one point I'd like to make here is that some folks on Thaivisa probably have "thin skin" otherwise, it's Political Debate yr 2004. We're not back in the days of Disraeli or even Churchill when SOP was "polite" discourse!