Worried For The Future.

hgvneil

Im 32 married with 2 boys(3 and 2).We are moving back to Thailand Jan next year.I think i have a drink problem although its controlled at the moment.My wife(thai) does not drink.Its controlled here in England because of work,im a lorry driver.Im working 7 days a week to save to build my family our home when we return.Im in a 100% happy marriage with lovely sons and we are very happy.Every weekend i drink,strong lager(tenants) or whisky or vodka or gin or anything.I give myself once maybe twice a week,because i work 7 days.Its an excuse.I said to my wife,when my first son is born i would stop drinking.I didnt.My second son born,I didnt stop.I can go weeks without drink if im working everyday,im a bit of a workaholic.But usually i drink once a week and have a hangover for most of the next day.

This may seem normal to a lot of people and not a problem,but im worried when i come back Thailand that i will be drinking most days and my relationship with family may suffer.Mainly as i cant work in Thailand,the one thing that stops me drinking in England.When we have taken holidays in UK/europe i drink everyday,because im not working.Im hoping to start gym/exercise routines to keep me active as i like keeping fit.

Anyone relate or give advice ? Thanks.

The problem is quite common with people from UK, they associate leisure and fun with drink.

If yoiu can go weeks without it you are not dependent, you will need a distraction in Thailand to stop you drinking.

You should be happy you are looking at it now, If maybe you take an active role with the kids in Los (I am not saying you dont) but then you wont drink as you will be looking after them.

Maybe you drink as you get stressed after many weeks working , maybe a build up.

Good luck