Kanchanaburi

draggons

Going to Kanch today, missus wants to go to the hot springs at Soi Yok. Anyone got any info on places to stay or if there's any decent pubs nightlife, realise it's sunday & a holiday tomorrow but any info would be appreciated. Last time we stayed on the main drag :o and want somewhere with a bit of life this time.

Going to Kanch today, missus wants to go to the hot springs at Soi Yok. Anyone got any info on places to stay or if there's any decent pubs nightlife, realise it's sunday & a holiday tomorrow but any info would be appreciated. Last time we stayed on the main drag :o and want somewhere with a bit of life this time.

The only place I know there is Felix river kwai hotel and I like it because it's near the bridge and at walking distance to many shops after you cross the bridge.

I don't know about nightlife but please tell us if you can find.

I have stayed here before, it was very nice.

http://www.ploygh.com/

It has a couple of bars over the road.

Down the river kwai bridge road there's loads of bars (locals say too many) to chose from & also many hotels in the same area to fit all budgets. Everything within walking / staggering distance so no probs about transport

I have stayed at the river kwai hotel

http://www.sawadee.com/hotel/kanchanaburi/...i/pictures.html

whislt the place was a little bit run down it was more than comfortable, in the morning they have a smorgasboard style buffet breakfast which i found to be very good.

the complex also has a disco which appeared very popular and a cowboy themed beer/bar..

No no no...straight across the road is the 4 9's bar.....plenty of ex pats in there & a warm welcome given

Do they have rooms with river view?

Thanks.

Do they have rooms with river view?

Thanks.

Several places have rooms with river view & some places with bungalows reaching out over the river

I've also stayed at Ploy guest house it was pleasant great outdoor shower, TV, fridge and breakfast for a very reasonable price. There are a few bars along the road out front, but not exactly a place to party. Funnily I had some of the best Indian food I've eaten in Kanchanaburi (Bongo's? not sure of the exact name)

Ali Bongo's - it is good Indian food and makes a refreshing change, there's a another new bar.... But this one has a bit more style, great food and sound system. Another stange name - I-BAA Bar. A new pizza place - Nat Pizza with a Russian chef is also really good food and cheap. Big plate of seafood spaghetti for 100 Baht. There's also a lovely little out of town resort just opened called Oriental Kwai and they are well worth checking out if your looking for peace and quiet. I live in the area and anyone who is planning a trip over is welcome to contact me with any questions or for suggestions for places to stay or eat. I can't help much with night life, I have my own business (none of the afore mentioned) and not a night life social life!

Helen

• 4 months later...
Ali Bongo's - it is good Indian food and makes a refreshing change, there's a another new bar.... But this one has a bit more style, great food and sound system. Another stange name - I-BAA Bar. A new pizza place - Nat Pizza with a Russian chef is also really good food and cheap. Big plate of seafood spaghetti for 100 Baht. There's also a lovely little out of town resort just opened called Oriental Kwai and they are well worth checking out if your looking for peace and quiet. I live in the area and anyone who is planning a trip over is welcome to contact me with any questions or for suggestions for places to stay or eat. I can't help much with night life, I have my own business (none of the afore mentioned) and not a night life social life!

Helen

Do you have any suggestion for a river front place that is not too far from a golf course. thanks.

Do you have any suggestion for a river front place that is not too far from a golf course. thanks.

You could have a look on this site:-

Golf Courses in Kan and around

As for River Front Place that is not too far from a golf course could thy this place:-

"Green World Hot Spring Hotel Resort & Golf Club is the golf course with 18 holes developed at the foot of Khao Laem National Park in Kanchanaburi.

It is far (125 km) from Kanchanaburi city and the golf course is laid out in a natural country. It is a good place to stay and play golf for the refreshment."

Or nearer to Kan Town

"Nichigo Resort & Country Club is the golf Course with 27 holes developed in the grand nature of Kanchanaburi.

The course layout in a good placement matches with the surrounding natural scenery in Kanchanaburi and creates the exciting and challenging holes. The named 27 holes, the Mountain, the Lake and the River, have the different kinds of arrangement."

20 odd km out of town on the 3199 road.

Next door is the "Pavilion Rim Kwai Resort could try there.

Hope this helps. :o

Kan Win :D