Nine Years Today!

FolkGuitar

Nine years today without a cigarette. I never really thought I'd be able to do it. And at many times I almost didn't. But then I stopped, took a deep breath, thought 'how will a cigarette really help me right now,' and realized that all that would change would be that I'd had a problem and compounded it by having a cigarette too. So.... one day at a time.

I used lobaline for the first three weeks, so there were no withdrawal symptoms at all, continued with St.John's Wort for the next six months so I didn't kill anyone. Then it was just sheer determination, one day at a time. And now suddenly, that time is nine long years. I just won't smoke the next cigarette! One day at a time.

Nine years, 1 hour, 47 minutes and 29 seconds. 98612 cigarettes not smoked, saving $24,653.06. Time used for a better purpose: 48 weeks, 6 days, 9 hours, 40 minutes.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yes Well done - seems like you are still suffering though after nine years.

I myself after 35 years of quite heavy smoking followed the recommendations of others on this forum and read Allen Carr's Easyway to Stop Smoking and yes the first few days were a little difficult but to be honest I found it really easy - in hindsight i can't see what all the fuss is about nicotine cravings etc.

The book reverses the brainwashing we all had about smoking and in a simple way it works - many thanks to those who pointed me in that direction.

Cheers BB

yes the first few days were a little difficult but to be honest I found it really easy - in hindsight i can't see what all the fuss is about nicotine cravings etc.

congratulations to the OP and everyone who has managed to quit. its been 6 weeks to the day since i quit - the first time i've ever tried to give up in 11 years because i always thought that i actually enjoyed smoking :o .

having given up, i also can't see what the fuss over cravings is about. mine also lasted about a day or two. i guess for many it could be psychological rather than physical symptoms.

i feel great and have actually lost weight since i feel less lethargic and have been sleeping better, working out more and generally being more healthy.

• 2 months later...

Dear All,

my genuine congratulations to all who quit Sickorettes......

I claimed my life back in August 2005 after suffering a brain haemhorrage and left-body stroke in North LOS..... I nearly widowed my lovely wife and 9 mth daughter at that time.

Now, over 2 years later, with a 9 month son also on the sene, I continue to get stronger in my new Life every day, 99% recovered from my near-death experiences.

I was 43 years and 2 weeks old when I 'stroked'............... Beware all of you, it could happen to any at any time.... and any age.

huge regards from China,

Paul

I have been SmokeyFree for 2 Years, 3 Months, 1 Week, 5 Days and 25 minutes (833 days).

I have saved £4,998.10 by not smoking 24,990 cigarettes.

I have saved 2 Months, 3 Weeks, 4 Days, 18 hours and 30 minutes of my life.

My Quit Date when I claimed my Life back was 21/08/2005 17:00[/size]