Thai Visa Bbq At Chiang Rai

Crow Boy

It may well be better to "Bus" those who are interested to the next CM one and have a combined CM/CR Party if the Raier's don't think they could get enough people together.

The "Hardcore" amongst you would not mind travelling down and staying overnight would you?

OEJ, Limbo, Erg....as I already know you guys pretty well I would have no problem putting you up overnight.

or is that putting up with you overnight.?

Anyway at the last CM Party there was NO night that I can recall....my hangover told me thus

I remeber day-break, and hot sun before I finally crawled into my pit.

Anyway, speak to Admin..thats the place to start.

I hope it comes off !

Good Luck guys.

PS...you would REALLY enjoy meting the likes of Crow Boy and Austhied.....in fact nicer guys you would be hard pressed to find although there are many such people like them here in CM...we are very lucky here.

It may well be better to "Bus" those who are interested to the next CM one and have a combined CM/CR Party if the Raier's don't think they could get enough people together.

The "Hardcore" amongst you would not mind travelling down and staying overnight would you?

OEJ, Limbo, Erg....as I already know you guys pretty well I would have no problem putting you up overnight.

Anyway at the last CM Party there was NO night that I can recall....my hangover told me thus

I hope it comes off !

Good Luck guys.

feeling

PS...you would REALLY enjoy meting the likes of Crow Boy and Austhied.....in fact nicer guys you would be hard pressed to find although there are many such people like them here in CM...we are very lucky here.

I initiated the left out feeling on the original thread and have already thanked CB & Austhaied for starting another thread on the same subject.l

Judging by your efforts TP I dont think you would have any problem putting us up..hee hee. Generous offer indeed Very generous offer thank you.

The bars, from what little I know in C Rai is that they are not big enough. Yes there are restaurants and hotels etc but that isn't really what we are looking for is it?

I will approach Admin ( & mods if necessary )if people are interested.

Dec/Jan sounds good.

Seems that hosteleries do not proliferate much in CR.

We went to the Dutch place to eat three times in 2 visits.......absolutey naff grub..we kept giving it a second and third chance...but it lived up to expectations...crap

I am sure you know the one I mean...the name escapes me.

Look forward to seeing yu in CM if we don't see you first in CR

The next Chiang Mai bbq is slotted to be in March '08. Its a bit of a way off but not that much really. I think that it would be great to see a group of the Chiang Rai guys come down here and we can do it as a combined party.

Don't tell them that - we have been cultivating our image of being total baastards. Ok in seriousness we would be really happy to see you guys down here. We can promise a great time and some good company. Oh yeah the ribs and beer are pretty good too.

CB

I hope it comes off !

Good Luck guys.

feeling

I initiated the left out feeling on the original thread and have already thanked CB & Austhaied for starting another thread on the same subject.l

Judging by your efforts TP I dont think you would have any problem putting us up..hee hee. Generous offer indeed Very generous offer thank you.

The bars, from what little I know in C Rai is that they are not big enough. Yes there are restaurants and hotels etc but that isn't really what we are looking for is it?

I will approach Admin ( & mods if necessary )if people are interested.

Dec/Jan sounds good.

Exactly, there are plenty of outdoor places in Chiang Rai that would be suitable to have a larger scale BBQ. Much nicer to sit outdoors too and in dec/jan we don't have to be that afraid of rain.

• 2 weeks later...

There is no reason why Thaivisa.com can not hold a meeting in Chiang Rai. For a change there is one great place to eat that has 10 years experience feeding ribs, steaks and Tex-Mex food to Thailand. A meeting venue is not difficult, it is the food that is difficult.

In all fairness to Thaivisa, we have attempted to "bring members together" and thank them for their loyal support by travelling the country to concentrated expat populated areas to put on free parties.

Use the Chiang Mai, Pattaya or Phuket party OFFICIAL party threads as a guideline and see what you can come up with concerning meeting the prerequisites.

It's not rocket science but it just doesn't happen overnight.

Best of luck and keep us informed

In all fairness to Thaivisa, we have attempted to "bring members together" and thank them for their loyal support by travelling the country to concentrated expat populated areas to put on free parties.

Use the Chiang Mai, Pattaya or Phuket party OFFICIAL party threads as a guideline and see what you can come up with concerning meeting the prerequisites.

It's not rocket science but it just doesn't happen overnight.

Best of luck and keep us informed

Totally agree. If you guys get together and make it happen, then it will.

This photo may help you on your quest.

post-31110-1189346452_thumb.jpg

There is no reason why Thaivisa.com can not hold a meeting in Chiang Rai. For a change there is one great place to eat that has 10 years experience feeding ribs, steaks and Tex-Mex food to Thailand. A meeting venue is not difficult, it is the food that is difficult.

We agree with Don, in that he's got Great Food. Been eating at his place in Phuket ever since he opened 10 years ago. Now that he's got a place in Chiang Rai as well, been eating there too.

There are Many Many ideas out there as to where such a Chiang Rai BBQ/feed should be - but we would certainly vote for having it at Don's. He had a special BBQ Night with 50 plus folks a couple of weeks back with no notices posted anywhere, it only being done by word of mouth. While he did run low on some food items; he was thinking that only 30 or so folks would show up, but once he saw the piggies going to the trough and loading up their plates more then just a few times, he got his staff right onto it and fixed up some more. The price for that event was 100 Baht for adults and 50 Baht for the kids which seemed to add to the feeding frenzy. Don said that next month he will up the price a little bit. His plan is for this to be a monthly affair. There's seating between two fish ponds and unlike too many places; easy parking and lots of it.

Ok - so much for our plug for Don's :o .

Back to the subject of a CR BBQ. No matter where the powers to be vote for it to be, count us in for the Fun.

Cheers,

David and Mai

Chiang Khong

We agree with Don, in that he's got Great Food. Been eating at his place in Phuket ever since he opened 10 years ago. Now that he's got a place in Chiang Rai as well, been eating there too.

There are Many Many ideas out there as to where such a Chiang Rai BBQ/feed should be - but we would certainly vote for having it at Don's. Ok - so much for our plug for Don's :D .

What is the name of Don's for us CMers that like to visit CR? :o

some of us in C.Rai had a weekly volleyball thing going at the old airport - each time a few Thais would join in - all had a good time - Joel Barlow was one of the crew.

I wouldn't mind seeing some sort of fun sports option - volleyball, baseball, croquet (ha), whatever - for whoever's so inclined.

It's odd, but I don't think there's a public BBQ pit set-up at a park in C.Rai. I don't mind meeting at a restaurant or private house, but would like it to be more of a pot-luck arrangement - than a 200 baht per plate sort of thing.

There are Many Many ideas out there as to where such a Chiang Rai BBQ/feed should be - but we would certainly vote for having it at Don's. Ok - so much for our plug for Don's :D .

What is the name of Don's for us CMers that like to visit CR? :o

The name of Don's place in Chiang Rai & in Phuket is "Don's". I'll call Don today and ask if he can put up a map to his place. Moderator - is this OK to do??

Cheers