Football And Beer Night In Bangok

mrtoad

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I get to Thailand on saturday morning and staying for 3 weeks. The mrs will drag me upto chaiyaphum for a few days to see the in laws and then she usually leaves me to my own devices. So if you arrange something and i can get to Bangers it'd be good to catch up with you all :o

I get to Thailand on saturday morning and staying for 3 weeks. The mrs will drag me upto chaiyaphum for a few days to see the in laws and then she usually leaves me to my own devices. So if you arrange something and i can get to Bangers it'd be good to catch up with you all :o

Okay, sounds like a good idea. I'll have a look at the fixture list. Does anyone have any choices re Venues. Western bars or Thai bars?

No chance of you getting up to Changers Mr.B.?

I would love to meet you :D

TP

No chance of you getting up to Changers Mr.B.?

I would love to meet you :D

Ditto that TP matey i'd love to have a beer or 3 with you also but i think on this short visit i won't have time to go up there. :D

I'm free in Bangkok for a beer. Anything to get away from the missus for a couple of hours. :o

Depending what you are after Mr Toad (and how many come), there a couple of nice places on the river opposite Tha Chang (Grand Palace) - Thai style, 70b for a big bottle of Chang. But, I'm flexible for pretty much any location / style.

Maybe the folk prefer more expensive pub style...?

Any thoughts on a date yet?

Okay, sounds like a good idea. I'll have a look at the fixture list. Does anyone have any choices re Venues. Western bars or Thai bars?

im up for a thai bar.

The only place i watched my EPL football with friends is at either SLIM (RCA) or Nanbaten Futsal Court ...should be nice to meet others from here to any other bar

I know it's a little cliche but there are a few bars at the back of koa san , guest hotel's bars , that are always pretty empty when the football comes on and would be perfect for a load of football fans to watch the footie :o .

Plus we would be all near koa san once the games finish and then the merriments can continue :D:D .

I'm sure there will be some debate about this but where-ever and when-ever I'm up for it :D .

There's a couple of bars in Lat Phrao, which have big screens and cheap beer and food. 65bht for San Mig and Tiger, by 3 get one free., and they do some good reasonable food.

To be honest, I really don't mind where, so lets run with it for a couple of days and see what people suggest. I ws going to suggest maybe the 15th of sept.

Saturday, 15 September 2007

Birmingham v Bolton, 15:00

Chelsea v Blackburn, 17:15

Everton v Man Utd, 12:00

Portsmouth v Liverpool, 12:45

Sunderland v Reading, 15:00

Tottenham v Arsenal, 13:30

West Ham v Middlesbrough, 15:00

Wigan v Fulham, 15:00

A few reasonable games there.

What you guys reckon?

There's a couple of bars in Lat Phrao, which have big screens and cheap beer and food. 65bht for San Mig and Tiger, by 3 get one free., and they do some good reasonable food.

To be honest, I really don't mind where, so lets run with it for a couple of days and see what people suggest. I ws going to suggest maybe the 15th of sept.

Saturday, 15 September 2007

Birmingham v Bolton, 15:00

Chelsea v Blackburn, 17:15

Everton v Man Utd, 12:00

Portsmouth v Liverpool, 12:45

Sunderland v Reading, 15:00

Tottenham v Arsenal, 13:30

West Ham v Middlesbrough, 15:00

Wigan v Fulham, 15:00

A few reasonable games there.

What you guys reckon?

Sounds great, would love to meet for a bit of p*ssed up banter but won't be in LOS, can someone take a group picture when the night does happen and post it on here for all the footy nuts to look at? :o

Okay, lets see how many we get and if you have any suggestions in respect of venues and dates we can then take it from there.

Count me in, sounds great. !5th no problem for me, somebody mentioned Kao San area ok for me but am flexible. A location off the beaten track in Bangkok will require some guidence with me being "an out of towner"

I ws going to suggest maybe the 15th of sept.

Bugger, i fly back to the UK on that day. It's OK i know when i'm not wanted :o:D

Okay, lets get a meet up the week before then, for those that are interested.

Bugger, i fly back to the UK on that day. It's OK i know when i'm not wanted :o:D

:D:D

I'm happy with that (as long as MRBoJ isn't a Man U fan...)

He's Man City, but I'm Man Utd :D

How about the 1st or the 2nd of Sept, so we can incorporate Mr BoJ

Saturday, 01 September 2007

Bolton v Everton, 15:00

Fulham v Tottenham, 15:00

Liverpool v Derby, 15:00

Man Utd v Sunderland, 17:15

Middlesbrough v Birmingham, 15:00

Newcastle v Wigan, 15:00

Reading v West Ham, 15:00

Okay, I know there's no Man City game :o

:D:bah:

He's Man City, but I'm Man Utd :D

Did you all see that. Jasreeve just swore at me and called me a "<deleted> <deleted>" Well, he might as well have. :bah::D

Bugger, i fly back to the UK on that day. It's OK i know when i'm not wanted

He's Man City, but I'm Man Utd

OH NO :o:D , and I thought you were alrite mrtoad :bah: .

We've still got a few weeks to decide the location so Mr.B can come , will Man City's luck have run out by then though i wonder :D:D:bah: .

Once again where-ever and when-ever I'm up for it :D .