Football And Beer Night In Bangok

mrtoad

mrs toad is statying firmly at home, as she will just ask stupid questions about the match

As is Mrs MPups due to a comment she made last week following our defeat against City... The soul destroying.."Don't worry, it's only a game..".. :o

mrs toad hasn't used that since Euro2004 when we got knocked out by Portugal, she realised that particular comment is about as welcome a epidemic of herpes in a brothel.

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

mrs toad is statying firmly at home, as she will just ask stupid questions about the match

As is Mrs MPups due to a comment she made last week following our defeat against City... The soul destroying.."Don't worry, it's only a game..".. :D

mrs mouse will defo NOT be coming !!!! :bah: .

Thai women and football ... ??? , I'd rather listen to somchai and sparky :D:D ...... then again :o !!!.

I agree with your sentiment but your example may be going a bit too far. :bah:

(Mr missus wouldn't be seen dead in that area, and an argument will errupt as soon as I tell her where I'm going. :D )

As is Mrs MPups due to a comment she made last week following our defeat against City... The soul destroying.."Don't worry, it's only a game..".. :D

mrs mouse will defo NOT be coming !!!! :bah: .

Thai women and football ... ??? , I'd rather listen to somchai and sparky :D:D ...... then again :o !!!.

I agree with your sentiment but your example may be going a bit too far. :o

(Mr missus wouldn't be seen dead in that area, and an argument will errupt as soon as I tell her where I'm going. :D )

I will be having the exact same argument :bah:

well I just felt the need to be on the safe side...imagine all the missus spying on you lot and finding me there among the boys. :o

but Im really harmless :D

ask ermm wait ask....Mrbo will vouch for me.....wont u

so toady...if u gonna make a reservation....make it under the name of Gooner :D that way once we get there you all know where to go.... just look out for the table that has my Gooner shirt waiting there :D

OI lol

the lads will be afraid now :D

I dont bite, and dont know how to operate a chainsaw. honest. Im clumsy with knife...although that could be a danger to anyone, in particular myself :o

Edited by MiG16

Quick apology guys and girls, didn't get to Soi 8 this afternoon, got a little bit way laid on the way, and have ended up eatiing and drinking in the local area. I will head down tomorrow after work to get it all sorted. I'm now going to settle down and watch the big game with a nice cold beer. :o

Edited by mrtoad

following comments by atleast 2 members going to this footie night...Im now beginning to have doubts about going :D

if their thai wives wont go there...hmmmm

is there something I should worry about........we arent going to one of those Nana bars are we :o:D

following comments by atleast 2 members going to this footie night...Im now beginning to have doubts about going :D

if their thai wives wont go there...hmmmm

is there something I should worry about........we arent going to one of those Nana bars are we :o:D

no need to worry mig :D , football always comes first :D .

alright..under the circumstance...Ive decided it will be

MiG + 1 the +1 is a surprise :o

so now the list will look like this:

Colino

Jasreeve

Chavy

MrBoJ

Scousemouse

Muckypups

Mrtoad

MiG +1

Tytus ?

Mikeyj ?

Ok

Collino Soi 8

Tytus Soi

Jasreeve Soi

MrBoj Soi

Scousemouse Soi 8

Muckypups Soi 8

MrToad Soi 8

Mig Soi 8

Chavy Soi 8.......Ok then what bar is down Soi 8? I've never been down there :D

The bar is called Soi 8, not lolitas :o

If the bar is called Soi 8 I'm abit weary asking the question...where exactly is the bar called Soi 8 ?

Ok

Collino Soi 8

Tytus Soi

Jasreeve Soi

MrBoj Soi

Scousemouse Soi 8

Muckypups Soi 8

MrToad Soi 8

Mig Soi 8

The bar is called Soi 8, not lolitas :o

If the bar is called Soi 8 I'm abit weary asking the question...where exactly is the bar called Soi 8 ?

Not Suprisingly it's in Sukhumvit Soi 8. Thats on the same side as the landmark.

Ok

Collino Soi 8

Tytus Soi

Jasreeve Soi

MrBoj Soi

Scousemouse Soi 8

Muckypups Soi 8

MrToad Soi 8

Mig Soi 8

The bar is called Soi 8, not lolitas :D

Not Suprisingly it's in Sukhumvit Soi 8. Thats on the same side as the landmark.

Thanks MrToad, that's cleared that up, unsurprisingly nothing surprises me in this country :D I had an open mind that it could of been anywhere but Soi8 :o

Thanks MrToad, that's cleared that up, unsurprisingly nothing surprises me in this country :D I had an open mind that it could of been anywhere but Soi8 :o

You've obviously been here to long :D It used to be called Colino's up until about 18 months ago if you are not sure. Once you go into the soi, I 'd say it's about 50 yards on the left.

I will be heading there after work today just to sort Saturday out. So, If anyone is in the area you're welcome to Join me for a couple of beers.

You've obviously been here to long :D It used to be called Colino's up until about 18 months ago if you are not sure. Once you go into the soi, I 'd say it's about 50 yards on the left.

I will be heading there after work today just to sort Saturday out. So, If anyone is in the area you're welcome to Join me for a couple of beers.

I would do mate but unfortunately I live & work in Kabinburi (about 2hr drive) so is a little difficult :D

Anybody know a good hotel, as near to soi 8 as possible?

Depends on how much you are looking to pay. Landmark between 6 and 4, Sofitel Grand Sukhumvit Soi 6 and Amari Boulevard on Soi 5 are close by. Majestic Suites a little cheaper but walking distance, Bel Aire Princess on Soi 5 is quite nice as well. I have at one time or another, with the exception of Majestis Suites stayed in them and they are more than adequate. Of course there is also the world renowned Nana Hotel on Soi 4 if you lie a bit of seediness :o

Edited by mrtoad

Mrtoad has listed them all Id say.

its a question of your budget really.

We have used Amari Boulevard (but I think its pricey for the place it offers), Bel Aire is slightly less expensive in the same soi (both are in soi 5).Another option in Soi 5 is the Royal Benja (less than 2000baht a night, but a bit older hotel, still pretty ok though). I recommend this one for a budget type room.

Majestic Suites I believe might be same price range as Royal Benja (perhaps 1500), but its on the main Sukhumvit Road, between Soi 4 and Soi 6.

The other ones like Landmark and Sofitel are a bit more expensive range. but of course also nicer rooms.

There are also some cheaper options, one in Soi 2...but might be a bit too basic for you? PM me if you want to know more.

theres also the Jim's Lodge, which is a bit furhter away in Ruam Rudee area (2 blocks from Soi 8), but it could be between 1000 to 1300 a night. (in my opinion a good deal for central bangkok)

MiG

Anybody know a good hotel, as near to soi 8 as possible?

The Zenith hotel on soi 3 is nice and not too peng Mr B :D .

Ah yes, forgot about the Zenith. I stayed there a couple of years ago :D

Of course there is also the world renowned Nana Hotel on Soi 4 if you lie a bit of seediness :o

:D

I'll be keeping clear of that one thanks MrT :D

Of course there is also the world renowned Nana Hotel on Soi 4 if you lie a bit of seediness :D

you forgot the Grace Hotel :o

someone mentioned Zenith..the hotel is pretty ok...not sure what the room is like, but I recall you are visiting with your wife. She might not be too comfortable with the location (its in the middle of Nana)

Mrtoad has listed them all Id say.

its a question of your budget really.

We have used Amari Boulevard (but I think its pricey for the place it offers), Bel Aire is slightly less expensive in the same soi (both are in soi 5).Another option in Soi 5 is the Royal Benja (less than 2000baht a night, but a bit older hotel, still pretty ok though). I recommend this one for a budget type room.

Majestic Suites I believe might be same price range as Royal Benja (perhaps 1500), but its on the main Sukhumvit Road, between Soi 4 and Soi 6.

The other ones like Landmark and Sofitel are a bit more expensive range. but of course also nicer rooms.

There are also some cheaper options, one in Soi 2...but might be a bit too basic for you? PM me if you want to know more.

theres also the Jim's Lodge, which is a bit furhter away in Ruam Rudee area (2 blocks from Soi 8), but it could be between 1000 to 1300 a night. (in my opinion a good deal for central bangkok)

MiG

Thanks M1G. Budget isn't a problem (i'll be putting it through my company account anyways) :D Proximity is key, as i don't want to have to stagger for too long :o

Of course there is also the world renowned Nana Hotel on Soi 4 if you lie a bit of seediness :D

someone mentioned Zenith..the hotel is pretty ok...not sure what the room is like, but I recall you are visiting with your wife. She might not be too comfortable with the location (its in the middle of Nana)

It's no where near nana !!!!!!! , a good 5 or 10 ( depending on the time :D ) minute walk away in the opposite direction :D .

The rooms are pretty good at the Zenith M1G. The wife is en-route to Chaiyaphum today so i'll be coming alone :D I'm gonna then have a leisurely train ride on sunday, upto the boonies :D:D

if budget is not an issue, then I suggest Landmark :D from there its also an easier walk back from Soi 8. (easier than soi 5 which would involve crossing the road... not sure thats a good idea :o ) also, their coffee shop has some decent chocolates :D

Amari is overpriced for its room Id say.

It's no where near nana !!!!!!! , a good 5 or 10 ( depending on the time :o ) minute walk away in the opposite direction :D .

Scouse ...dont argue wiff ME!! grrrr :D

Suk Soi 3 is INFACT Nana!! Soi 3 and 4 are both Nana. Personally I wouldnt want to walk down either side of Nana (soi 3 or 4) at night. Maybe Soi 4 has more of the seedy bars, but the side of Soi 3 is equally bad, has a lot of often seedy arabic tourists loitering around, who assume all women are available or they look with those leering eyes. both are not pleasant experience, and no woman should have to put up with that. ofcourse exceptions apply to those that want to as that is their business :D

It's no where near nana !!!!!!! , a good 5 or 10 ( depending on the time :o ) minute walk away in the opposite direction :D .

Scouse ...dont argue wiff ME!! grrrr :bah:

Suk Soi 3 is INFACT Nana!! Soi 3 and 4 are both Nana. Personally I wouldnt want to walk down either side of Nana (soi 3 or 4) at night. Maybe Soi 4 has more of the seedy bars, but the side of Soi 3 is equally bad, has a lot of often seedy arabic tourists loitering around, who assume all women are available or they look with those leering eyes. both are not pleasant experience, and no woman should have to put up with that. ofcourse exceptions apply to those that want to as that is their business :D

Hi mig , I'm not trying to argue with you !!!!! , a case of crossed wires me thinks. I was referring to nana plaza on soi 4.

I thought soi 3 was nice and clean but now you've reminded me about those kebeb shops that are down that way then maybe it could be a bit seedy :D .

There are none around the entrance to the Zenith though as it is further up and around there it's clean ( sort of !! ) :D .

See you saturday gooner :bah: .