Thaivisa Approved By Thai Govt To Provide Insurance Services

george

Thaivisa Approved by Thai Govt to provide Insurance services

BANGKOK: -- The Department of Insurance, DOI, has approved Thaivisa.com in conjunction with AA Insurance to provide insurance exclusively to Thaivisa members.

Starting on Monday, Thaivisa.com has been designated as a special status group from the Thailand Department of Insurance and authorized to provide the most diverse and comprehensive insurance plan currently available at below market rates.

Thaivisa.com will be able to offer virtually any policy designed to fit members individual needs, be it life, health, home, auto, motorcycle, condo, traveler insurance, inpatient as well as outpatient hospital insurance and more.

All types of insurance is available to Thaivisa members residing in Thailand and their immediate family (including spouses and dependants).

Thaivisa members who live outside of Thailand and have property in Thailand are also eligible for coverage of their assets here.

Traveling to Thailand? Our Health insurance will give you the most comprehensive coverage for just about the same price as travel insurance.

Did you buy the yacht of your dreams? We have luxury craft insurance for you.

Thaivisa.com Insurance services new website will be launched on Monday 27 August 2007 at:

http://insurance.thaivisa.com

--thaivisa.com 2007-08-24

good news.

your my first choise

cant wait to see a family cover all in.

congratulations

hgma

BANGKOK: -- The Department of Insurance, DOI, has approved Thaivisa.com in conjunction with AA Insurance to provide insurance exclusively to Thaivisa members.

Starting on Monday, Thaivisa.com has been designated as a special status group from the Thailand Department of Insurance and authorized to provide the most diverse and comprehensive insurance plan currently available at below market rates.

Thaivisa.com will be able to offer virtually any policy designed to fit members individual needs, be it life, health, home, auto, motorcycle, condo, traveler insurance, inpatient as well as outpatient hospital insurance and more.

All types of insurance is available to Thaivisa members residing in Thailand and their immediate family (including spouses and dependants).

Thaivisa members who live outside of Thailand and have property in Thailand are also eligible for coverage of their assets here.

Traveling to Thailand? Our Health insurance will give you the most comprehensive coverage for just about the same price as travel insurance.

Did you buy the yacht of your dreams? We have luxury craft insurance for you.

Thaivisa.com Insurance services new website will be launched on Monday 27 August 2007.

Interesting. Do you have health insurance that is not linked to a sort of life insurance plan, with terms that don't need to be renewed yearly to avoid paying for longer term illnesses?

Thaivisa members who live outside of Thailand and have property in Thailand are also eligible for coverage of their assets here. :o

Good one George....

Now about the guy who keeps pinching my bananas............... :D

Does this include insurances for travel to the EU-countries too?

Have to extend so the wife is covered in preparation for a vacation trip back home.

Will TV have a vehicle insurance which includes ''Legal Cover'' should one be involved in a legal dispute.

Wee jimmy..

As in Automobile Association - the UK Insurers?

Im a little uninformed about insurance, I pay 1500 baht each month because of my work permit (mandatory) for some sort of health insurance, is there a way to get rid of that and get yours instead? I certainly dont want to pay for both...

Damian

that sounds like the government social security fund. Your employer should have provided you with a social security card. If you haven't got it, ask for one.

It is compulsory for all workers, it gives you access to Thai public hospitals, up to 8000 baht refund for birth of a child, access to a thai pension after x years, and 100 baht per child child per month, and other bits an pieces. Good for using as ID to get into places at Thai prices, as it proves your residency here (along with your tax ID).

1500 per month out of your pay packet is high though. It is a maximum of 750 out of yours and then the employer has to match it with another 750...but that second lot of money should come from them, not you!!!

wow! this is excellent news. well done george and the team responsible for getting this. just last week i was thinking 'i wonder if TV will start doing insurance'....maybe im psycho........sorry.......psychic

As in Automobile Association - the UK Insurers?

Yes that's exactly what I meen. I think if you were involved in an accident and the Thai's knew you had ''Legal Cover'' it would detter them from trying to cream you.

Wee Jimmy.

Im a little uninformed about insurance, I pay 1500 baht each month because of my work permit (mandatory) for some sort of health insurance, is there a way to get rid of that and get yours instead? I certainly dont want to pay for both...

Damian

The "insurance" you pay every month for your WP will be for the Gov. security fund and is a very basic cover. Suggest you talk to your accountant for full explanation but am sure you cannot get rid of it.

Best to get the ThaiVisa 'Low Cost' option for extra cover in private hospitals.

Interesting. Do you have health insurance that is not linked to a sort of life insurance plan, with terms that don't need to be renewed yearly to avoid paying for longer term illnesses?

The answer to your first question is 'yes' the 2 types of insurance from Thai Visa are stand alone medical insurances.

All policies are 1 year in duration with the following year's premium told to you before the end of the present year's.

Have to extend so the wife is covered in preparation for a vacation trip back home.

Yes, their are option for traveling to EU countries - however outside of Thailand you will have to pay and bring the paperwork back to claim.

Depending which country you live, you might have to take out insurance for her Visa.

Will TV have a vehicle insurance which includes ''Legal Cover'' should one be involved in a legal dispute.

Wee jimmy..

Sorry, not at present - watch this space !

The answer to your first question is 'yes' the 2 types of insurance from Thai Visa are stand alone medical insurances.

All policies are 1 year in duration with the following year's premium told to you before the end of the present year's.

That's the problem with all available Thai standalone health insurances - if one of my family members (i have an insurance from the west) would have a problem that is beyond one year, then the Thai insurer can refuse to renew the policy, as far as i understand it, or exclude this particular condition.

Yes, their are option for traveling to EU countries - however outside of Thailand you will have to pay and bring the paperwork back to claim.

Depending which country you live, you might have to take out insurance for her Visa.

Yes, so what I'm asking is: are you noted as an approved insurance company for the pupose of getting a VISA to a Schengen-state?

That's the problem with all available Thai standalone health insurances - if one of my family members (i have an insurance from the west) would have a problem that is beyond one year, then the Thai insurer can refuse to renew the policy, as far as i understand it, or exclude this particular condition.

We have not to date heard of this happening and would be interested to hear from anyone who has experienced it together with the company name.

Yes, so what I'm asking is: are you noted as an approved insurance company for the pupose of getting a VISA to a Schengen-state?

We would like to state we are not an insurance company, we are insurance brokers. However the companies we deal with are approved.

Couple of things, my assumption here is that TV acts as a facilitator, not an insurer itself, especially since few of the companies seems to have a direct customer facing operation in English, let alone other languages {outside Thai} which assists the 'member' in getting a service locally. There are still niches for intermediaries in this connected word :o

On the insurance point, if the policy is annual, I don't believe there is a legal requirement for the insurer to offer protection for 'an existing condition'. However, if the insurance is part of a package {say life cover} for a specified period I don't believe they can refuse cover.

Regards