100 Men Go On Rampage At Rca Market

george

its funy to hear coment from all our westerner friends about use of Force and gun barrels in thailand .

how do you think the spanish took south america?

how did the white man take over America?

what exactly did the brittish do in India

or the dutch in Indonesia.

And let's not forget the the Japanese invasion of Thailand, December 8th 1941.

And now we can add to those historic criminal annals, the take over of RCA market street vendors by the rich bully boys of Thailand :bah:

BTW Why don't you blame the world's evils on the original sin committed in the Garden of Eden? :o

:D:D:D

I'm still waiting to see if this will be on the BBC website. Connsidering some posters have compared this to famous historical events, I'll expect to see it on there soon. :D

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Thai elite and well connected have always fun roughshod over the poor and it doesn't appear that things will change in the near future.

The elite wants the government to be weak and ineffective. The elite are nearly immune to the law and often get away with murder. Do you really thing the government cares about those poor vendors. If the government WERE effective and a lawful lease had expired, it would still take too long to evict the tenants thus the heavy handed action.

its funy to hear coment from all our westerner friends about use of Force and gun barrels in thailand .

And now we can add to those historic criminal annals, the take over of RCA market street vendors by the rich bully boys of Thailand :bah:

BTW Why don't you blame the world's evils on the original sin committed in the Garden of Eden? :o

I'm still waiting to see if this will be on the BBC website. Connsidering some posters have compared this to famous historical events, I'll expect to see it on there soon. :D

:bah: Or even used those events to justify this thuggery but then again nuance is not easily the strong point of some of the defenders of the realm.

The Judge let the Soi 10 / Chuwit gang off the hook.

It was nite and too dark to identify anybody. Yea, look it up. That's what he said.

Hundreds of guys, arriving with heavy equipment, fencing welders, trucks on the corner of Sukhumvit Soi 10, wrecked 100 businesses and nothing could be done. Where were the Lumpini cops?

post-49192-1188279863.jpg

He made millions in the massage business. The Thai people love him. Go figure

And now we can add to those historic criminal annals, the take over of RCA market street vendors by the rich bully boys of Thailand :o

:bah: Or even used those events to justify this thuggery but then again nuance is not easily the strong point of some of the defenders of the realm.

and comprehansion and reading the posts is not by other members who choose to bash thailand and m,ostly by those who dont readis in the Realm... :bah: for what ever reason.

but to make it easy for you lets explain it again.

the debate was about 2 issues.

1. the evicting of squaters or tenenats that refuse to evacuate.

and the comparison was that this is a problem that occurrs in other countries as well. and that business man or land owners have a right to own property and can excersize rights to evacuate squaters tenants.. however the legal process is in mnay ocassions very slow and can take years causing the owner substaitiable losses.

2. is force and vilence a justified when all legals process are not working.

to this some of our members decided to use this debate... relevant or not.. to explain the the use of force in land disputes and land ownership is uniqe to Thailand...hence the refrences about western countries using doing the same on grand scale.

land owners all over the world when confronte with a legal system that sometimes takes to long are inclined to use force to get what is rightfully thiers.

this is not unique to thailand...

but then again why I may be wrong and it ok to continue with the Thai bashing by over patronistic forigneres with a false sense of supriority.

Re Soi 10. There was a civil decision recently in favour of those who pursued restitution through the courts. Companies of which Chuwit is director have been instructed to pay out 5.7 million baht. {This may be subject to an appeal} This judgement opens the way for others affected by the 'it was too dark at night time' action to make claims.

Regards

/Correction to figures & link//

Edited by A_Traveller

This would be great if they went from one end of Sukumvit to the other and cleaned off every sidewalk so one could actually walk down the things. TIT, I would be shocked if much of anything results from this, while I feel some sympathy for those who have lost their business they are the same people who keep their mouths shut when bad things happen to other nice people. I highly doubt you will find out any of them were protesting when those other poor souls shops got demolished.

no but i am sure you will find many posts on BBC about handling of Gypsies specialy in essex.

or maybe you can ask some of the Irish people how hey feel about the use of Forced evictions by british land lords.

or better is the preprations for the London Olympic games where the land is needed for those greedy british investors looking to profit from the olympics..

LONDON, UNITED KINGDOM (2012):Since the election of London as the Host City for the 2012 Olympic Games, COHRE has followed the preparations underway in that city, and the impacts on housing rights that are already becoming evident, inparticular in the East London area. Already, over five years before the Olympic Games are due to bestaged, over 1,000 people face the threat of displacement from their homes, and housing prices are escalating. It is possible at this early stage to predict that, despite there being no reference to the need for evictions in the bid books, construction of the Olympic venues and facilities in London will affect anumber of marginalized groups: in particular the poor, low-income earners, residents of public housing,and ethnic minorities such as Gypsies and Irish Travellers....

go clean up your own acts before teaching morals to thais... :bah:

And now we can add to those historic criminal annals, the take over of RCA market street vendors by the rich bully boys of Thailand :D

no but i am sure you will find many posts on BBC about handling of Gypsies specialy in essex.

or maybe you can ask some of the Irish people how hey feel about the use of Forced evictions by british land lords.

or better is the preprations for the London Olympic games where the land is needed for those greedy british investors looking to profit from the olympics..

LONDON, UNITED KINGDOM (2012):Since the election of London as the Host City for the 2012 Olympic Games, COHRE has followed the preparations underway in that city, and the impacts on housing rights that are already becoming evident, inparticular in the East London area. Already, over five years before the Olympic Games are due to bestaged, over 1,000 people face the threat of displacement from their homes, and housing prices are escalating. It is possible at this early stage to predict that, despite there being no reference to the need for evictions in the bid books, construction of the Olympic venues and facilities in London will affect anumber of marginalized groups: in particular the poor, low-income earners, residents of public housing,and ethnic minorities such as Gypsies and Irish Travellers....

go clean up your own acts before teaching morals to thais... :o

I await with interest Red Ken and his gang of cut throats descending onto the streets of Stratford East at the crack of dawn with bull dozers and demolition balls, smashing and devastating all in their path, causing the undernourished, shoeless and destitute populace of Eas London to flee before them, and scurry into the city's sewers to find refuge... :bah:

...All, except those who manage to crawl into the nearest DHS office, where they will be fed, clothed and housed, and provided with enough pocket money to get drunk in the local boozer and play the National lottery, before going off for a night of thieving and robbing, or to a 'cash in hand', 'nod nod wink wink', tax free job in the 'black economy'. :bah:

Yes, there is no doubt that the RCA market vendors have much to be thankful for ;)

And now we can add to those historic criminal annals, the take over of RCA market street vendors by the rich bully boys of Thailand ;)

:o Or even used those events to justify this thuggery but then again nuance is not easily the strong point of some of the defenders of the realm.

and comprehansion and reading the posts is not by other members who choose to bash thailand and m,ostly by those who dont readis in the Realm... :bah: for what ever reason.

and the comparison was that this is a problem that occurrs in other countries as well. and that business man or land owners have a right to own property and can excersize rights to evacuate squaters tenants.. however the legal process is in mnay ocassions very slow and can take years causing the owner substaitiable losses.

to this some of our members decided to use this debate... relevant or not.. to explain the the use of force in land disputes and land ownership is uniqe to Thailand...hence the refrences about western countries using doing the same on grand scale.

land owners all over the world when confronte with a legal system that sometimes takes to long are inclined to use force to get what is rightfully thiers.

but then again why I may be wrong and it ok to continue with the Thai bashing by over patronistic forigneres with a false sense of supriority.

In English please if you may! :bah:

and comprehansion and reading the posts is not by other members who choose to bash thailand and m,ostly by those who dont readis in the Realm... :o for what ever reason.

I don't think anyone is playing your so often refered to "Thai bashing by over patronistic forigneres with a false sense of supriority (sic)" card. I think if you logged on to KazakhstanVisa or UKVisa or JapanVisa or USAVisa or even ChinaVisa - you might find many of the same comments. This is ThaiVisa and it is Thailand we discuss here and if it exists in Thailand it is right that it be discussed here. That doesn't mean that anyone has made a claim that their country or any other is superior or different in the way its people act or react in any certain case. I am sure I am not alone when I say that I am tired of the "race card" or the "forigneres (sic) supriority (sic)" card being played. Racism is alive and well in every country and culture - guess what....EVEN in Thailand! And if you are of the race that is discriminated the most against in the aforementioned 'racism' then you are apt to feel the pain of it more than another, lash back at it, and be vocal about it as well.

In short - no one said this was unique to Thailand. So, next topic? :D

and comprehansion and reading the posts is not by other members who choose to bash thailand and m,ostly by those who dont readis in the Realm... :o for what ever reason.

I don't think anyone is playing your so often refered to "Thai bashing by over patronistic forigneres with a false sense of supriority (sic)" card. I think if you logged on to KazakhstanVisa or UKVisa or JapanVisa or USAVisa or even ChinaVisa - you might find many of the same comments. This is ThaiVisa and it is Thailand we discuss here and if it exists in Thailand it is right that it be discussed here. That doesn't mean that anyone has made a claim that their country or any other is superior or different in the way its people act or react in any certain case. I am sure I am not alone when I say that I am tired of the "race card" or the "forigneres (sic) supriority (sic)" card being played. Racism is alive and well in every country and culture - guess what....EVEN in Thailand! And if you are of the race that is discriminated the most against in the aforementioned 'racism' then you are apt to feel the pain of it more than another, lash back at it, and be vocal about it as well.

In short - no one said this was unique to Thailand. So, next topic? :D

Rationality, subtleness or anything else is wasted - the rose tintes spectacles are welded on.

Thailand will be defended no matter what - be it human rights abuses or crime rates. That the same people would also condem these in their own or other countries just does not register with some as their own world view is so limited and the intellect can not stretch that far.

It best just to laugh at them quietly and sometime feel sorry for their limited outlook which can only limit self actualisation.

I must admit though if I was asking people to comprehend my posts I would make sure they were not written like an illiterate 5 year old learning disability or not - there are spell checkers for gawds sake.

Edited by Prakanong

and comprehansion and reading the posts is not by other members who choose to bash thailand and m,ostly by those who dont readis in the Realm... :D for what ever reason.

In short - no one said this was unique to Thailand. So, next topic? :bah:

:D ooh, but you forget that with the excellent tools afforded by this forum, most posters have an "agenda" to discredit the entire nation of thailand...

i'm one of those - actually my real name is dr evil... :D

post-12195-1188285332_thumb.jpg

once we have achieved the total moral defrocking of thailand, we shall move on to other sinister and henious objectives, one of which is to take over the universe - unless all board members put together a collection... 1 hundred dollars (considering that most are teachers here) transferred to an account in....:o

we are doing this because we don't like it here but we can't go back to our home country... :D

Edited by Payboy

Who are these mysterious "100 men?" :o

Every even small local godfather who controls a few roads can muster 100 men.

They may be some youngsters of a local slum under his control, or, if someone is more influential, they can be ex-military or Dahan Praan.

These sort of organized gang violence incidents are more common than the rare articles in the English speaking media suggest. Mostly they are kept out of the media, and the police prefers not to interfere, or at least only show when the fun is over.

We don't know, and never will know, the details.

Did the lease expire? Were there negotiations with the vendors?

Some people take side with the squatters.

Some people defend the rights of people to control their land, the land they paid for with their own money (what a strange idea for posters in the first group!)

Being in Thailand I'm not surprised that similar stories from the West don't appear in the Nation, but I seriously doubt that forceful "extra-judicial" evictions are as common there. I doubt that Red Ken would hire thugs to demolish East London instead of getting a court order.

Does anyone remember relocation of some Danish punk club? Eventually it turned into most violent demonstrations Denmark had seen in decades, but I don't remember anything about unindentified thugs descending on punks in the middle of the night.

and comprehansion and reading the posts is not by other members who choose to bash thailand and m,ostly by those who dont readis in the Realm... :D for what ever reason.

:o

I must admit though if I was asking people to comprehend my posts I would make sure they were not written like an illiterate 5 year old learning disability or not - there are spell checkers for gawds sake.

Give the guy a break - he is Thai, I believe, and his English is a dam.n site better than my Thai. Anyway, he has a house worth 60 mil. baht, so best to keep on his good side... :o

Give the guy a break - he is Thai, I believe, and his English is a dam.n site better than my Thai. Anyway, he has a house worth 60 mil. baht, so best to keep on his good side... :o

He is American I believe - if he was Thai I might have some sympathy with his blinkered view :D

He is American I believe - if he was Thai I might have some sympathy with his blinkered view :D

No i am not American... however as of next week i am Thai. my citizenship application has been accepted.

As I have posted before I am disgraphic.

I hope you are not making fun of my disability as if I start with yours..... :D

At any case i am very happy with thailand. hence my happines of becoming a citizen and my position regarding those memebers who think that just because they were born in Europe it makes them smarter, better, and superior...

I view those who sit in Singapore in a virus lab, living on Rent and nothing better to do then complain about thailand all the time as Thai bashers with an Agenda usualy dictated by the fact that they feel that if they are white it makes them superior. lack of happiness and achievment gives them an uncontrolable urge to post a steaming pile of clichés and screaming unlikelihoods about thailand and its people.

I can only be sorry for those who feel colonial days are not over :D

Well, congratulations on your citizenship.

Yet - i have no clue what colonial days and your new citizenship have to do with the topic matter, which is 100 hired thugs destroying a market. :o

Just to clarify, I was under the impression that disgraphic referenced a disability with handwriting? Since you are typing to this forum, perhaps you could explain the relevance of this? Do you mean that you are disphonic?

Regards

no as i dont think its relevent to the thread. however if you are interested look it up.

No i am not American... however as of next week i am Thai. my citizenship application has been accepted.

At any case i am very happy with thailand. hence my happines of becoming a citizen and my position regarding those memebers who think that just because they were born in Europe it makes them smarter, better, and superior...

I view those who sit in Singapore in a virus lab, living on Rent and nothing better to do then complain about thailand all the time as Thai bashers with an Agenda usualy dictated by the fact that they feel that if they are white it makes them superior. lack of happiness and achievment gives them an uncontrolable urge to post a steaming pile of clichés and screaming unlikelihoods about thailand and its people.

Congratulations on your citizenship - something I will never achieve unless they change the rules. I don't know what 'disgraphic' is - something like dyslexic? My sympathies if that is the case.

I am also happy with Thailand and try hard not to 'bash' it whenever I see clear examples of injustice, corruption, nepotism, racism, etc. Unfortunately, there does seem to be more of it these days. I guess when your government gets to power by using force it tends to set an example for the populace to follow.

As for "white = superior", I think that's more Thai thinking than western and wish the "whitening cream" company bosses would have their product shoved sideways up their a****s.

**Edit:

Sorry - my internet link went very slow and several other posters have made similar comments since highdivers.

Edited by JetsetBkk

Just to clarify, I was under the impression that disgraphic referenced a disability with handwriting? Since you are typing to this forum, perhaps you could explain the relevance of this? Do you mean that you are disphonic?

Regards

no as i dont think its relevent to the thread. however if you are interested look it up.

Funny that, I did look it up when you mentioned it before {though the research confirmed my understanding} and spoke to a clinician colleague of mine who further gave me the definition.

Regards

By the by which citizenship are you leaving or sharing with Thai?

Congratulations on your citizenship - something I will never achieve unless they change the rules. I don't know what 'disgraphic' is - something like dyslexic? My sympathies if that is the case.

I am also happy with Thailand and try hard not to 'bash' it whenever I see clear examples of injustice, corruption, nepotism, racism, etc. Unfortunately, there does seem to be more of it these days. I guess when your government gets to power by using force it tends to set an example for the populace to follow.

As for "white = superior", I think that's more Thai thinking than western and wish the "whitening cream" company bosses would have their product shoved sideways up their a****s.

thank you for getting it back on track.

I love Thailand and i am aware that in many things thailand needs improvin... as this forum deals in thailand one can expect a fair amount of critics. i have posted a few of my own. but there is a diference between speaking out against wrong doing and "bashing" the first is critisisem the later just plain racist remarks.

As for the subject .

land disputes and ownership rights are a problem all over the world.. and all over the world there are those who when frustrated with the losses from waiting for the law to take its order.. turn to speedy violent acts. this is not unique to Thailand.

The details of this case as Plus posted were not known. we dont know why the land lord had to end up using violence to evict his property.

there are those who will say violence should not be used in any case. but if the police come and evacuate them it will be an act of violence as well.

so removing tenenats who refuse to leave from your property at the end of the day will be a violent act.

Re Soi 10. There was a civil decision recently in favour of those who pursued restitution through the courts. Companies of which Chuwit is director have been instructed to pay out 5.7 million baht. {This may be subject to an appeal} This judgement opens the way for others affected by the 'it was too dark at night time' action to make claims.

Regards

/Correction to figures & link//

thanks for the update on Chuwit. I hope he's forced to pay. However, I doubt even that will lessen his stature as a folk hero. Interesting how money and power impress - regardless of how that money is come by. Somewhat like Escobar in Colombia - who was hailed by the locals as a hero - even though he was the biggest drug dealer in the western hemisphere. Human nature is odd. Money shouts.

I have worked with and seen first hand how the elite deal with their workers. It is disgusting to say the least. The very people who work hard and continue to keep the elite wealthy are treated like dirt.

I once complained and a Thai engineer told me that I simply did NOT understand Thai culture. That was indeed an understatement. Buddhism plays a big part in this. I was told that big boss was a VERY good man in his last life and now he deserves to be wealthy and treated with respect.

My original statement was that if this guy had not been born rich he would have starved to death by now. That WAS the truth.

thank you for getting it back on track.

I love Thailand and i am aware that in many things thailand needs improvin... as this forum deals in thailand one can expect a fair amount of critics. i have posted a few of my own. but there is a diference between speaking out against wrong doing and "bashing" the first is critisisem the later just plain racist remarks.

As for the subject .

land disputes and ownership rights are a problem all over the world.. and all over the world there are those who when frustrated with the losses from waiting for the law to take its order.. turn to speedy violent acts. this is not unique to Thailand.

The details of this case as Plus posted were not known. we dont know why the land lord had to end up using violence to evict his property.

there are those who will say violence should not be used in any case. but if the police come and evacuate them it will be an act of violence as well.

so removing tenenats who refuse to leave from your property at the end of the day will be a violent act.

Well, according to you these things happen all over the world, but I can tell you that they happen more regularly in countries like Thailand than for example Ireland or Spain! So it might be a mentality, or attitude related, cultural aspect. Let's face it; Thailand is a lovely country to live in, has a friendly population but its people sometimes react as one would expect from people in a so-called Banana Republic.

There is a growing body of evidence people from what is now called France and Spain were in America before the Asians crossed the Bering land bridge. "White" mitochondrial DNA of ancient origin is present in a statistically significant portion of the Native Americans predominately on the East coast. The Clovis Point, the high tech weapon of its day, now appears to have an improvement of a spear point that originated with the Solutrean people of Europe rather than Asians as originally thought. Clovis points are more abundent in the Eastern US than the West which tends to support the Solutrean origin hypothesis. With the ancient "white" mitochonrdial DNA appearing but not "white" nuclear DNA the question becomes what did the ancient Asian immigrants do to the men?

Edited by ChiangMaiAmerican