Car Drifting

jaiyenyen

I know the subject was raised a while back, but can anyone please remind me of the location of the drifting events in Bangkok.

I seem to remember that they were held every Sunday but i can't remember where.

Thanks

Jaiyenyen

I know the subject was raised a while back, but can anyone please remind me of the location of the drifting events in Bangkok.

I seem to remember that they were held every Sunday but i can't remember where.

Thanks

Jaiyenyen

At the race track behind Seacon Square. Was there last week for go-karting and a few guys were queing up with their modified cars to drift.

Max Party organize a drift,drag and gymkhana event at the track behind Seacon on the 1st Sunday of each month.Its a good event.Next one should be on Sunday 2nd Sept.

Thanks for the replies.

i shall look forward to taking my G/F's son this Sunday. :o

Max Party organize a drift,drag and gymkhana event at the track behind Seacon on the 1st Sunday of each month.Its a good event.Next one should be on Sunday 2nd Sept.

Just an update.

Took my 14yr old stepson there yesterday, we had a great time.

Lots of fast cars and burning rubber.

There were even some promo girls there for the dads. :o

We will definately go there again.

Regards Jaiyenyen

Jaiyenyen,

Glad to hear you and your son had a good time.I missed the event unfortunately due to my car being repaired:(

If youre into motor sports you should check out the drag racing at Bangkok Drag Avenue in Khlong 5,not far from Rangsit.It takes place every Saturday from 2pm-2am,lots of promo girls,cold beer and fast cars!

Regards,

Sky.

Jaiyenyen,

Glad to hear you and your son had a good time.I missed the event unfortunately due to my car being repaired:(

If youre into motor sports you should check out the drag racing at Bangkok Drag Avenue in Khlong 5,not far from Rangsit.It takes place every Saturday from 2pm-2am,lots of promo girls,cold beer and fast cars!

Regards,

Sky.

Hi Sky

We will definately be checking out the drag racing.

We live at Don Muang so Rangsit is very close.

Thanks for letting us know about it.

Regards

Jaiyenyen

Well we got to Bangkok Drag Avenue about 4.30pm, sat down and watched the qualifying heats.

Lots of cars, noise and burning rubber. It got dark, as always, around 6.30pm.

Then they (G/F and daughter) start " we're bored, when can we go". So that was it, son and me could'nt stay any longer.

We've just got back home, and I,m very pi**ed off and she's gone to bed. Definately boys only next time.

Regards

Jaiyenyen

Well we got to Bangkok Drag Avenue about 4.30pm, sat down and watched the qualifying heats.

Lots of cars, noise and burning rubber. It got dark, as always, around 6.30pm.

Then they (G/F and daughter) start " we're bored, when can we go". So that was it, son and me could'nt stay any longer.

We've just got back home, and I,m very pi**ed off and she's gone to bed. Definately boys only next time.

Regards

Jaiyenyen

Women!

Next time make sure u tell 'em u will be late! The drag racing is worth watching as well!

Also keep an eye on any press/advertising for Pira Circuit, Pattaya, as they hold events there as well.

I was at Khlong 5 on Saturday night.I arrived there around 8pm and stayed till 12.Some good racing and the place was packed when I left.

Make sure you get up there for the 'Souped Up of Thailand 2007'. They have some of Thailand's quickest cars, including some American V8 muscle and a few visitors from Japan. There's a 200SX from RAM77 running a 1UZ that runs sub 8 seconds.

I'd be interested in going to the 'Souped up' event.

Matter,please let us know when the event is scheduled for.

Started a new post on this! 'Souped Up of Thailand 2007'. :o

Thanks for all this good info, from a northern lad who seldom ventures south! If you ever brave the icy winds and fog up here, check the Pinned sections of thaivisa for Chiang Mai and Chiang Rai for drag racing and special stage rallies!

CM's track at the 700 Year Sports Stadium is sadly shorter than the quarter mile, but Thai heroes from Bangkok consider it serious enough to travel to on a regular basis. Very good organisation by Bodyshop Sport, but no Eng lang.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for all this good info, from a northern lad who seldom ventures south! If you ever brave the icy winds and fog up here, check the Pinned sections of thaivisa for Chiang Mai and Chiang Rai for drag racing and special stage rallies!

CM's track at the 700 Year Sports Stadium is sadly shorter than the quarter mile, but Thai heroes from Bangkok consider it serious enough to travel to on a regular basis. Very good organisation by Bodyshop Sport, but no Eng lang.

Do Bodyshop sport have a web site?

Do Bodyshop sport have a web site?

Khun Anusorn is almost a one man band with no website and no e-mail. And no English. More on his events in Pinned: Motor Sports in the Chiang Mai section of this Forum. But I can see him almost any day of the week. Give me some FAQ's!

I just saw an advertisement on a VCD that was included in a tuning magazine for this event and the date advertised was December 1 and 2.

I was at Khlong 5 on Saturday night.I arrived there around 8pm and stayed till 12.Some good racing and the place was packed when I left.

Make sure you get up there for the 'Souped Up of Thailand 2007'. They have some of Thailand's quickest cars, including some American V8 muscle and a few visitors from Japan. There's a 200SX from RAM77 running a 1UZ that runs sub 8 seconds.

Did he break 8 seconds? I was there earlier this year and there was a 100,000 Baht up for grabs for a sub 8 sec run. That night, we didn't get there until 10.30-11.00, he tried but his chute malfunctioned so he did an 8.30 something with the chute deployed :o