Prices For The Ocean 1 Tower?

Seems to me I recall hearing prices starting from around the 85k per sqm mark and up.

Don't know why anyone would want to live in one of these monster buildings (besides the question of construction quality. I mean, would you want to live in a 80-90 story building built by a bunch of issan farmers? I mean, they can barely build 2-story bungalows properly :o ) In addition, this is not a beach-front property...it's somewhere in the vicinity of the Jomtien immigration to the best of my knowledge. Finally, Gulf of Thailand views from Pattaya are #$(%...for 6 months of the year, you can barely see past inner-Pattaya Bay because of the haze and pollution from the factories of Bangkok, the Eastern Seaboard, and Rayong.

My girlfriend got a brochure and DVD in the mail. Maybe all American E$xpress card holders get such a brochure?

I was wondering about the prices, as none were on their website. Seems to be an outstanding project!

Hi, if you want to know something more about our project "Ocean 1" in Pattaya just PM me.

I will be gald to assist you.

Prices x sqm vary base on floor.

Tks and B.Regards

Publicity for Ocean 1 seems to have tailed off sharply over the last few months Not sure whether they are doing so well they no longer have to advertise or whether they developers are just letting the idea that anyone would build such a tall building in this area slowly slip from peoples memories

Publicity for Ocean 1 seems to have tailed off sharply over the last few months Not sure whether they are doing so well they no longer have to advertise or whether they developers are just letting the idea that anyone would build such a tall building in this area slowly slip from peoples memories

Hi, I can assure you the tower is going head and pretty busy selling as well.

That's also why less advertise about.

I work for a partner company of this project and exclusive Agent locally. (I'm not in pattaya)

Big party in June for the start of building. Mercedes 500 won with Lucky draw from

one of the clients...

Personally I do not like too much because I do not like condominiums or big things,

I prefer small and nice houses with palms, much more compatible with the environment and I really hope that

the Thai Govt. will not encourage the developments co. for this kind of staff,

but till ownership law will allow to own apt. in a condo that's (unfortunately) what going to happen...

It's better just allow property till 1 rai per family surname and/or 90years leese and encourage well

built nice villas or small townhouses ? Ok this is not the subject of OP sorry...

think we have a troll here...in any case, i think the whole idea of building such a building in pattaya/jomtien area is wack...but if they can get enough ting-tong farangs and thais to bu in good luck to them.

personally, i know places are way overpriced when the developers can afford to give away free cars for potential buyers.

Last year the developers were promising a start to construction once the mangers returned from their Xmas holidays. Must have been a long holiday because all there is to show so far are some rusty cranes on the site which do not seem to be doing very much.

Would advise looking at progress (or lack of it) on some of their other projects, particularly the housing development next to the Veruna Yacht club which must already be a couple of years behind schedule. Conveniently, the contract for an Ocean 1 unit requires you to pay 80% over a set time period, with only 20% payable on completion, and no penalties on the developer for late completion.

120,000+ per square metre to share a building with no clear completion date, with six hundred other owners with a fine view over slum housing. Outstanding indeed!

think we have a troll here...in any case, i think the whole idea of building such a building in pattaya/jomtien area is wack...but if they can get enough ting-tong farangs and thais to bu in good luck to them.

personally, i know places are way overpriced when the developers can afford to give away free cars for potential buyers.

The Thais i think are the big buyers, especially in projects like this. Its a small group of affluent Thais buying up the new property, no more than a few thousand of them and prestige is everything. The biggest building in Jomtien would be a nice little talking point.

Now going to find out more about this project as i know nothing about it! :o

Sorry, i earlier reported prices wrong for this building...the marketers are aiming to flog this building off on buyers at B125-B135,000 per sm. Oh, and don't forget, the building will not be completed for 4 years (2011) [or never IMHO].

Now, would you like to hand your money over to a Thai development company for 4 years...and hope you have something decent to live in 4 years down the road. I would put the money in some other investment, earn a fair market return for 4 years, and then come back and buy something in an already completed building.

:o according to their advertisement, anticipated completion is December 2008

surely they would never ever consider publishing misleading ads, would they? :D

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

* by the by, can a mod please correct the thread title to Ocean 1? *

Thank you.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited by sriracha john

I work for a partner company of this project and exclusive Agent locally. (I'm not in pattaya)

Big party in June for the start of building. Mercedes 500 won with Lucky draw from

one of the clients...

Hum... so impressive. I mean really.

A mercedes 500 ? Oh la la la. That's crazy ! Make my day ! And the party ? Free food ? Where I can sign ? Right now !

You should go back to your marketing studies... It's pathetic. Who is going seriously to buy at such prices, in such a shithole like Pattaya ?

The whole project is a dead end.

You should go back to your marketing studies... It's pathetic. Who is going seriously to buy at such prices, in such a shithole like Pattaya ?

Totally agree...Pattaya is a dump...and I live here. But it is a nice dump if you accept it for what it is...warts and all. Some good stuff...some bad...and a lot of inbetween. It's a great place to live and retire for some...but you have to keep it in perspective. I would never buy a house or condo for over B 5M at the most (if needed something something big). Lots of nice 3 BR homes can be had for B2-3 million. Same for condos. But all this B7-15 million stuff...you must be crazy. If wanted to spend that kinda money....would invest in Spain/France, or Florida/Hawaii or Cariibean way before even considering Pattaya :o

Live in a cheap house/condo, keep the money in a bank offshore, and then have plenty to spend like a drunken sailor in Pattaya!!!

one of the clients...

Hum... so impressive. I mean really.

A mercedes 500 ? Oh la la la. That's crazy ! Make my day ! And the party ? Free food ? Where I can sign ? Right now !

The whole project is a dead end.

Members of the Forum asked questions about the Ocean Tower 1 and I just write the prices

and the info's I know, so sorry if I replied in order to give info's, I think this is the spirit

of this forum, in any case I wrote down the facts, I also said I do not like it,

probably you miss it, but people buy so do not blame me, blame the buyers....

By the way my Marketing studies went well thanks for asking and I'm sorry to disappoint you

but I was not involved in Ocean Tower 1 marketing.

B.Regards

When I looked at the price per square meter, the first thing that jumped in my mind was INSANE! If I were a betting man, I would give odds that this thing will NEVER be completed. :o

Totally agree with you.........I am sure it will not be built. The infrastructure is not there to support it........water shortages, electrical shortages, and now people shortages given the insane visa rule changes.

I lived in the area for several years and know about the electricity going out every other week........I can just imagine owning one of the condos on the top floor and having to walk up because the elevators don't work..........no way.

In addition, it is set to be built way back from the shoreline, opening up the real possibility of an Ocean II being built in the future right in front of it. Don't laugh......it could happen. But it never will because Ocean I will not be built.

Also way too expensive........entire market is in the process of collapsing. They can take out as many two page ads as they want to in the Bangkok Post to convince people otherwise, but this turkey ain't gonna fly!

Having said all that.........well.........we live in a crazy world.........anything can happen. Maybe there are enough rich Asians and Russians and Chinese to fill up the place. I would not bet on it.