How Much Tax Must I Pay?

Zen

Hi,

I'm getting a company outside Thailand to do up a website for me.

I have to send the money to that company by telegraphic transfer.

How much tax must I pay for tor the telegraphic transfer being payment of service rendered?

Thanks a lot!

Hi,

How much tax must I pay for tor the telegraphic transfer being payment of service rendered?

Thanks a lot!

As the other poster noted: 15% withholding tax is a given. If you do the website work on behalf of a foreign client you may get 7% VAT refunded. If the website is for your own company, you will have to add 7% VAT to your bill. Case in point: We do research for a foreign entity. 15% is withheld and we pay 7% in VAT. But because we export the research knowledge we get the 7% refunded within say 2-3 months.

Hi,

Thanks a lot!

As the other poster noted: 15% withholding tax is a given. If you do the website work on behalf of a foreign client you may get 7% VAT refunded. If the website is for your own company, you will have to add 7% VAT to your bill. Case in point: We do research for a foreign entity. 15% is withheld and we pay 7% in VAT. But because we export the research knowledge we get the 7% refunded within say 2-3 months.

So, if the web design company (based outside Thailand) gives me an invoice for $1,000 for example, so my company pay them by telegraphic transfer for this $1,000 and then pay the revenue dept in thailand 15% of Withholding Tax and 7% VAT?

Hi,

Thanks a lot!

So, if the web design company (based outside Thailand) gives me an invoice for $1,000 for example, so my company pay them by telegraphic transfer for this $1,000 and then pay the revenue dept in thailand 15% of Withholding Tax and 7% VAT?

Correct. That is if you choose to use the webdesign co.'s invoice as an expense item in your own accounts. You may also pay it out of your own pocket and not pay 15 + 7 - But you can not deduct the expense then.

BTW. The 7% gets refunded to us in certain provinces, but in BKK they read it more strictly and even if you export the knowledge (our case) it's not refundable. Basically fairly high business costs and in some ways designed to entice one to use domestic firms.

RD.go.th has fairly clear and more detailed info in english too.

• 3 weeks later...
Hi,

Thanks a lot!

Why don't you hire me? You will have a better website and you will pay less taxes :o