Who Wants To Go Fishing For A Whole Day This Week?

Tony Clifton

Have boat, outboard motor, gear.

I'd like to go on Monday Sept. 3rd or Tuesday Sept. 4th.

The tide would allow to fish from around 8 am to 8 pm.

Bang Pakong river, I live in Chonburi nearby.

I can easily drop the boat onto the truck at home and make it to the river, slide the boat off the truck, problem is when the boat needs to be lifted back onto the truck at the end of the day, can't be done alone.

Besides, fishing in good company is always much more fun. :D

Who's up for record catches? :o

I can easily drop the boat onto the truck at home and make it to the river, slide the boat off the truck, problem is when the boat needs to be lifted back onto the truck at the end of the day, can't be done alone.

oh envy envy envy

now there is something i truly miss (fishing) haven't been for 3 years before i came here.My god how i miss it.Sounds like a great day out but unfortunately have to work Monday nights around 11 o'clock.I hear there is a lake here with the biggest Carp in the world.True or False i don't know.

now there is something i truly miss (fishing) haven't been for 3 years before i came here.My god how i miss it.Sounds like a great day out but unfortunately have to work Monday nights around 11 o'clock.I hear there is a lake here with the biggest Carp in the world.True or False i don't know.

True.

As a fisherman, I consider the place is a fish farm where world records are broken catching the same fish over and over. Could still be fun but isn't my type of fishing.

True.

As a fisherman, I consider the place is a fish farm where world records are broken catching the same fish over and over. Could still be fun but isn't my type of fishing.

Hi Tony.

What species are you catching?

As for Bung Sam Ran, can anyone tell me the difference of a hole in the ground (an ex tin quarry which of course filled up with water soon) stocked with fish, who are fed on regular bases, versus a pen in the ocean, stocked with salmon, also fed on regular bases.

Has anyone in Europe or the US gone to a fish farm and claimed a world record successfully?

Here in Chiang Mai, at the Oriental Dhara Devy Hotel, they have 10-15 Arapimas in +100 kg. class. Let's say the management allowed me to chuck bait in there, and I could land it, should I/could I claim a world record?

If the same yard stick is used on the Oriental's pond (surrounding their spa) and Bung Sam Ran, it would work. Both are locations are man made, both stock the fish, fish are fed on regular bases at both location…….. so all in all, it is the same!

On other notes, I think we have an ecological disaster waiting to happen here in Thailand. The fishing parks/ponds stocking exotic species, makes the Snakehead scare in the eastern USA pale in comparison, if those species were let loose.

I am not sure Thais are willing to say good buy to their native food fish, which they have grown custom to over hundreds of years, in favor of all sorts of fish such as Alligator Gar (USA), Red Tail Catfish (Amazon) and Peacock Bass (Amazon).

PlaShadow

Edited by PlaShadow

I'd like to go , when are you going again?