Thai School Term Dates

srisatch

We can't crack this one!

As we understand the School Year begins in May. The second term begins in October? Maybe

Ministry of Ed site says early June and early November

Do all Thai Schools-NOT International ones --work to the same dates? Or does it differ from Jangwat to Jangwat? We want to move our daughters to a School in Chiang Mai..The School we want appears incapable of writing down the term dates 2 months in advance and so does any other school. My wife, who IS Thai!! asked for a 'prospectus'..."What's that" Anyone can help be grateful!! You can even send us a PM!

The dates vary between schools, but are generally close to each other. At our school, St. Mary's Udon Thani, this term ends on Oct. 2. Next term starts on Oct. 29.

The new school year typically starts in mid May.

The above applies to ktndergarten, primary and secondary schools. Universities are slightly different, their new year typically starts later.

Edited by mackayae

School calendars vary from one moobahn to the next, and are a closely guarded secret. mackayae's school sounds typical. Yet I just heard from a mate whose school is taking a one or two week break tomorrow!

Moved to Teaching forum.

You can put it where you like... I would put it in several places..sometimes scatter secures results!! but try and get an ANSWER!! As it happens I don't think the Teaching Forum will do that...What is needed is parents with kids in school who have secured the answer!!

School calendars vary from one moobahn to the next, and are a closely guarded secret. mackayae's school sounds typical. Yet I just heard from a mate whose school is taking a one or two week break tomorrow!

Moved to Teaching forum.

You can put it where you like... I would put it in several places..sometimes scatter secures results!! but try and get an ANSWER!! As it happens I don't think the Teaching Forum will do that...What is needed is parents with kids in school who have secured the answer!!

Well, moderators just might know best. What this mod didn't know is that once I moved the topic out of General forum, I couldn't put it back there. So I tell you what, srisatch. Since you and other parents know so much more about schools than the teachers do, I'll close this topic and grant you the privilege to post it again in General (if you haven't already). Good luck.

I have corrected your spelling errors for you. You're welcome. :o