The Torquay United Thread

mrtoad

Histon v Torquay

Torquay's Chris Hargreaves is an injury doubt for Tuesday's Blue Square Premier clash with Histon.

The midfielder will undergo a late fitness check on a suspect groin but the Gulls will be without the suspended Lee Mansell.

BBC

<deleted> is Histon? Anyoine been there?

Hopefully, Hargreaves will be fit as from reports he has been pretty influential in the revival, although not been fit for the last couple of matches.

Another guy I know is a Histon & Man U supporter. I think he told me they are around the Cambridge area. Mind you it's not his fault he supports a load of talentless useless bunch of w*****s ! & Histon aren't much better :D

:o

Okay, okay :D

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Histon v Torquay

Torquay's Chris Hargreaves is an injury doubt for Tuesday's Blue Square Premier clash with Histon.

The midfielder will undergo a late fitness check on a suspect groin but the Gulls will be without the suspended Lee Mansell.

BBC

Hopefully, Hargreaves will be fit as from reports he has been pretty influential in the revival, although not been fit for the last couple of matches.

Another guy I know is a Histon & Man U supporter. I think he told me they are around the Cambridge area. Mind you it's not his fault he supports a load of talentless useless bunch of w*****s ! & Histon aren't much better :D

This thread has really taken the football world by storm. It seems to be on the first page every day. Torquay United ... the new darlings of of the Thaivisa Football Forum ... :D

Histon v Torquay

BBC

Another guy I know is a Histon & Man U supporter. I think he told me they are around the Cambridge area. Mind you it's not his fault he supports a load of talentless useless bunch of w*****s ! & Histon aren't much better :bah:

This thread has really taken the football world by storm. It seems to be on the first page every day. Torquay United ... the new darlings of of the Thaivisa Football Forum ... :D

:D

It deserves five stars!!!!!!

Of course, Torquay is always a good away trip for most visiting fans from the North as it is the only chance they'll get to see the sea and palm trees :D

Histon 4-5 Torquay

A last-minute goal from Chris Todd gave Torquay a dramatic victory at Histon.

Tim Sills lashed in the first and Darren Mullings, who was later sent off, fired in a second before Chris Zebroski smashed home Torquay's third.

Headers from Nathaniel Knight-Percival and Cliff Akurang gave Histon hope but a Zebroski penalty made it 4-2 before two Akurang penalties made it 4-4.

Histon's Mathew Mitchel-King was sent off and with seconds left, Todd hit the Gulls' winner from Tony Bedeau's cross.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Histon: Osborn, Pope (Barker 79), Mitchell-King, Ada, Gwillim, Okay, Cambridge, John Kennedy, Knight-Percival, Murray, Akurang.

Subs Not Used: Haniver, Hipperson, Dillon, Naisbitt.

Sent Off: Mitchell-King (89).

Booked: Mitchell-King.

Source BBC.

Looks like this was the game of the night, 9 goals and plenty of action. Good to see our Centre Back Todd getting a last minute goal to win it. Just shows, how the winning habit builds up the resiliance, and scoring late goals is always a good sign.Although, it looks like we did our best to throw it away, it's a good result against a team in the top half of the table.

Shame Stevenage won though.

wow , had to take two look at that result :o

Looks like the referee had uite an impact upon the match. Bookings, sending off's and two penalties. Sure he went home please with his headline winning performance. On a serious note, good that we were able to get that winning goal so late on, after throwing away the early initiative.

Got to keep this thread at the top of the page to make Sunderland jealous, the Sunderland thread has slipped out of the hit parade :o

Who is it this weekend Mrtoad?

Also, for the footy & beer night are we all still on for the 7th next month ?

Got to keep this thread at the top of the page to make Sunderland jealous, the Sunderland thread has slipped out of the hit parade :D

Who is it this weekend Mrtoad?

Also, for the footy & beer night are we all still on for the 7th next month ?

Trick one away to Kiddeminster this weekend, followed by a localish Derby with Weymouth on the following Tuesday night.

As far as I am aware, we are on fr the 7th next month, will put up a post next week about it, and also PM a scouse.

Sunderland is veyr jealous of this thread, as he knows that Torquay is a much more interesting read than his lot :o He was tellig me the other day that the Torquay thread seems to be near the top everyday. :D

Carefull.....the Kiddies are not too far from Brum & Brummie Barry :D

When's the Exeter local Derby ?

Probably a Boxing Day, if they are in keeping with tradition.

On a funny note, if todays events with Morinhio had happened last year our ex- lunatic chairman Chris Rogers would have probably been in for him. :o

On a funny note, if todays events with Morinhio had happened last year our ex- lunatic chairman Chris Rogers would have probably been in for him. :o

He'd have probably have gone as well as working in the Riviera woud have appealed to him :D

He'd have probably have gone as well as working in the Riviera woud have appealed to him :D

Those lovely palm trees and the marina would remind him of the Algarve :D

:D Too right toadie, he'd love it ! Probably bring Chech , Lampard & Terry along with him, not sure about Shevchenko though :o

Hey, I just been on my non league site & there's a thread about the Histon Torquay game. It was praising Histon on how far they'd come in the last few years by pushing the BIG BOYS of the division Torquay all the way in that last match. I bet it's a few years since the "Gulls" were described as the big boys of the division eh ? :D

:D Too right toadie, he'd love it ! Probably bring Chech , Lampard & Terry along with him, not sure about Shevchenko though :o

Hey, I just been on my non league site & there's a thread about the Histon Torquay game. It was praising Histon on how far they'd come in the last few years by pushing the BIG BOYS of the division Torquay all the way in that last match. I bet it's a few years since the "Gulls" were described as the big boys of the division eh ? :D

:D , Yeah "Torquay United" and" Big Boys", don't normally go hand in hand, but I suppose the fact that we are getting sizeable crowds, have bought a lot of good quality players into the club in the close season and being an ex league club would make us one of the bigger clubs in the division. I really, think that the management and adminstration side of the club are now much more stable and realistic, and that is having a massive impact out on the pitch. Paul Buckle has done an excellent job, considering that when he arrived in the summer there were only 4 contracted players, the pitch was a disgrace and there had been a huge cloud over the club for the past 12 months. Colin Lee's consortium have managed to put the little things right first, and that has lead onto getting the playing side improving.

Hopefully, today we will get another good result and I don't mind if there are 9 goals in it, as long as it's us that score the most.

Torquay complete Ellis loan deal

Torquay United have signed Bolton defender Mark Ellis on loan.

The 18-year-old, who was born in Plymouth and started his career in the youth system at Exeter, is to spend a month at Plainmoor.

"I coached Mark at Exeter and his ability was there to see," Gulls boss Paul Buckle told his club's website. "He is very strong and very committed.

"It was no surprise when a big club came in for him. I have kept an eye on his since his move."

Source: BBC

Another good signing to boost the squad for a month, and a product of the Exeter youth system which I have to say is very good :D

Who needs Mourinhio? When you have Paul Buckle :o

Kidderminster 2-5 Torquay

Torquay secured their eighth win of the season with thrilling victory away to Kidderminster Harriers.

Paul Hinshelwood broke the deadlock with a 35-yard strike and Tim Sills added a second from 12 yards.

Chris Zebroski added a third from inside the box and he then made it 4-0 with a header courtesy of a free-kick from Kevin Nicholson.

James Constable pulled one back with a header but Lee Phillips drilled in a fifth before Constable got his second.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kidderminster: MacKenzie, Kenna, Creighton, Whitehead, Harkness, Penn, Ferrell (Russell 55), Bennett, Blackwood, Constable, Richards.

Subs Not Used: Coleman, McGrath, Bignot, Barnes-Homer.

Great stuff. Hope they can keep it up.

Can't complain at that mate ! another 3 points in the kitty.

It's good to see Buckle being able to get on with the job & Colin Lee staying out of it, I always worry about the people who take over clubs interfering with what's going on. A bit like O'Leary did at Sunderland.

Very pleased so far, with everthing they have done at Plainmoor. They have gone about business in a professional manner and set realistic goals. Buckle seems to have settled in well into the role of manager, although it helped having some experience of coaching at Exeter I am sure. The fact that he also played for Torquay in the past suggests that he has more than a passing interest in the club, same as Colin Lee.

Tricky game tomorrow night against Wymouth a south coast derby I suppose, and I am sure that Weymouth will be fired up for it.

Anyway, still a long way to go this season, but the initial signs are promising. :o

I'd read an a non league website about Weymouth & the financial problems they have. I really can't see them causing an up-set against you. In my opinion (for what it's worth) Weymouth are punching above their weight in the Blue Square Prem & can see them falling back into the Southern div.

However, the start that Torquay has made really is surprising seeing that last season they couldn't buy a win for about 20 add games wasn't it. Just goes to show what a difference a change can make from top - bottom of a club :o

3-0 at halftime, and now it's 4-0. Doesn't get better than this. Scoring goals for fun, time for a beer.

You don't drink Mr. Toad. :D

Only sometimes :D However, I'll make an exception tomorrow night when you are buying :o

3-0 at halftime, and now it's 4-0. Doesn't get better than this. Scoring goals for fun, time for a beer.

You don't drink Mr. Toad. :D

Only sometimes :D However, I'll make an exception tomorrow night when you are buying :o

The question is not so much

:D

After last nights result I certainly need a beer.

Great 3-2 win.

I was out most of the day yesterday so am a bit behind, who did you beat 3-2 ?

Weymouth.

Ahhhh, I thought that one was next Saturday.

I must admit to being surprised that Weymouth pushed you so far....that's the price of being the big fish in the league :o

Gulls' attacking intent pays off

Boss Paul Buckle's win-at-all-costs approach paid off as a late goal from defender Kevin Hill took Torquay to the top of the Blue Square Premier table.

The Gulls twice trailed to Weymouth but scored three times in the second half to secure a 3-2 win and a fifth home victory of the season.

Buckle said: "I don't see the point in playing for draws.

"We will go out and win every match. Kevin Hill gambled on the back post at the end and it paid off."

Source:BBC

The goods thing is that they are scoring plenty of goals, but it must be a concern that they are also conceeding more than they should be.

Still top of the league though, nearly as many points in the bag as we got for the whole of last season.

Torquay v Droylsden

Table-topping Torquay still have a host of injuries ahead of Droylsden's visit, with Darren Mullings and Chris Robertson definitely out of the match.

Chris Todd and Steve Woods (hamstring) are also doubtful, but striker Lee Phillips is fit after a leg injury.

Droylsden, on the back of 10 straight defeats, will hand a late fitness test to defender Liam Murray (facial wound).

Loan signing Dale Stephens could also make his first start for the club following two substitute appearances.

Torquay v Droylsden

Table-topping Torquay still have a host of injuries ahead of Droylsden's visit, with Darren Mullings and Chris Robertson definitely out of the match.

Chris Todd and Steve Woods (hamstring) are also doubtful, but striker Lee Phillips is fit after a leg injury.

Droylsden, on the back of 10 straight defeats, will hand a late fitness test to defender Liam Murray (facial wound).

Loan signing Dale Stephens could also make his first start for the club following two substitute appearances.

Droylsden are definately punching above their weight in this division. This must be one of the easiest games for the Gulls this season, as long as the players keep their minds on the job.