What Do You Do During The Long School Holidays?

foolforlove

so... if you work at a school that is closed for a month (i.e., next month roughly) and then again for three months starting around February, what do you do with your time?

especially, say, if you'd like to have some sort of income during that time?

Why do you want to know?

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?ac...ult_type=topics

T*R*O*L*L-W*A*T*C*H*

Petch01

Edited by Petch01

The break next month may be four weeks, but if you're employed continuously by the same school, the 'summer vacation' may not be a full month. My first school let me go on February 28, and my next gig started on May 16; that's an extreme case. I've heard of teachers who barely get a few weeks.

You can teach 'summer camp' for several weeks, hotter than you can imagine.

You can go on a round the world visa run; I did it twice.

If your old work permit expired and your new one won't take effect for a month or two, you could take a long break under the lawn sprinkler.

You can tour Thailand or nearby countries.

You can find a TEFL course, a refresher, a Young Learner's course, a Thai language or culture course, Thai food or massage or Muai Thai boxing course, etc.

Oh, OP, I truly, truly resent the use of the word 'long' in there! I get two weeks in October--but the director has decided that might be too long, so is planning on shortening it--even though a whole lot of teachers have tickets to someplace!!!

As for the 'long' summer break--I didn't get a day off. Most of the teacher's got about 3 weeks. Long just doesn't fit for me.

Probably better this way, if it were long, I'd no doubt get into some type of trouble!