Accomandation Wanted

binnsy

There certainly are plenty of rental homes, rental apartments and hotels that are available in Buriram City, as well as other "towns" in Buriram province. The key is to take a trustworthy Thai to read the signs which are in Thai. I have seen acceptable apartments in Buriram and rental homes which other Farang reside and I was aware of vacancies since my wife explained the signs which were posted in Thai. On our short block of rental and owned units in Satuk there are 6 empty "attached homes" available for rent on one block. Before I committed to a rental place in Issan (or California) I would go at least three times to see the place and get a feel for the "noise factor" and in Thailand the "smell factor". Are you next to a Thai boxing school that only is open in the evening, building used for religious purposes with a loud public address system or (not joking) a pig farm on a street that would appear to only have homes? Does you nearby neighbor have geese, cattle or other livestock which were out at another location during the daylight hours you first looked at the possible rental? It certainly is possible to lease a rental unit of fair size unfurnished for 1800 baht on up per month in Buriram. 5000 baht will rent darn nice THREE BEDROOM, two bathroom house in Buriram. Perhaps some of the expats who patronize the Bamboo Bar or Book and Bed can give you suggestions. The Thai Chinese Family which own at least Three furniture stores in Buriram such as "Koncept" and the furniture store across from Bamboo Bar have built HUNDREDS of "attached homes", shop houses and single dwellings all over Buriram and Satuk. They might have an empty place or two to rent.

There certainly are plenty of rental homes, rental apartments and hotels that are available in Buriram City, as well as other "towns" in Buriram province. The key is to take a trustworthy Thai to read the signs which are in Thai. I have seen acceptable apartments in Buriram and rental homes which other Farang reside and I was aware of vacancies since my wife explained the signs which were posted in Thai. On our short block of rental and owned units in Satuk there are 6 empty "attached homes" available for rent on one block. Before I committed to a rental place in Issan (or California) I would go at least three times to see the place and get a feel for the "noise factor" and in Thailand the "smell factor". Are you next to a Thai boxing school that only is open in the evening, building used for religious purposes with a loud public address system or (not joking) a pig farm on a street that would appear to only have homes? Does you nearby neighbor have geese, cattle or other livestock which were out at another location during the daylight hours you first looked at the possible rental? It certainly is possible to lease a rental unit of fair size unfurnished for 1800 baht on up per month in Buriram. 5000 baht will rent darn nice THREE BEDROOM, two bathroom house in Buriram. Perhaps some of the expats who patronize the Bamboo Bar or Book and Bed can give you suggestions. The Thai Chinese Family which own at least Three furniture stores in Buriram such as "Koncept" and the furniture store across from Bamboo Bar have built HUNDREDS of "attached homes", shop houses and single dwellings all over Buriram and Satuk. They might have an empty place or two to rent.

Thanks for this reply.i wll take on board your observations and hopefully find a place to stay.Could stay at the hotel that the Bamboo bar has opened for 6000 a month which is good price but i want a house or bungalow so as i can buy things ready for when i get our own house.

Thanks for this reply.i wll take on board your observations and hopefully find a place to stay.Could stay at the hotel that the Bamboo bar has opened for 6000 a month which is good price but i want a house or bungalow so as i can buy things ready for when i get our own house.

Binsey,

As you know i have a place that is empty, with storage, if you did not want to rent, there is plenty of room there for storage, and it will be safe.

if you were thinking of staying at Wellas hotel, the Siam, good freind of mine, mention my name and you may get a bit of discount, she is in partnership with Mo the bookshop. nice place, she took us around about 3 weeks ago.