Dating Business In Thailand

WilliamCave

My wife asked me what I think of a thai busines seting up Thais with westerners.... Our relationship is very good and her friends ask if I have any friends that I can hook them up with.. I told my wife not all westerners are good people same as not all thais are good people,,

A thai women we know went with an american for the money and it sounds like it is turning sour, since the money to the family has dried up.... Were as I do not have to give money to the family. they feed and take care of me when I visit an never ask for anything as my family with my wife...

I told my wife it can usually work so long as they are looking for a relationship and not a money belt..

So my question is what is your opinion on a dating company for thai women not based on money and family support..Were as both parties have something to bring in to the relationship and is not one sided..

My wife asked me what I think of a thai busines seting up Thais with westerners.... Our relationship is very good and her friends ask if I have any friends that I can hook them up with.. I told my wife not all westerners are good people same as not all thais are good people,,

A thai women we know went with an american for the money and it sounds like it is turning sour, since the money to the family has dried up.... Were as I do not have to give money to the family. they feed and take care of me when I visit an never ask for anything as my family with my wife...

I told my wife it can usually work so long as they are looking for a relationship and not a money belt..

So my question is what is your opinion on a dating company for thai women not based on money and family support..Were as both parties have something to bring in to the relationship and is not one sided..

Do a google and look at the business models of the many others out there doing this - put some figures together regarding costs etc

Where are you going to advertise - www only or local papers - i think local papers are a must for the women and should be used also for guys

What about up-country offices for the women - help getting them to BKK for initial meeting

Are you going to have a friendly policeman have a cursory look into the women ie quick criminal record check and to see if they are married etc?

Hoe do you check out the guy's - just look on this forum and see some of the minority's attitudes to women with some of the mysogyny bordering on mental illness - look at the weirdo's on the Louis Theroux tv rogramme - if you have not seen it yet look - i think its on youtube

If its an e-Business only I would be wary - if you are going to have a BKK office and "Adding value" then I am sure that is better plus the mark up you can make partnering with Visa companies, hotels etc

Translation is often an issue - offer that service at a reasonable rate - not the automated <deleted>.

Edited by Prakanong

About 7 years ago i met this character, "mr ronny " a real scumbag,nearly all his "girls " were bar girls, he was even bragging to me how many he had been with,.i saw hil last aboit 4 years ago sat outside bid c on pattaya with a girl of about 16, i didnt do any business with him, take a look here,.((edit)) it hasnt got a very good reputation im afraid, however im sure done right there is mileage left in it,.

About 7 years ago i met this character, "mr ronny " a real scumbag,nearly all his "girls " were bar girls, he was even bragging to me how many he had been with,.i saw hil last aboit 4 years ago sat outside bid c on pattaya with a girl of about 16, i didnt do any business with him, take a look here,.((edit)) it hasnt got a very good reputation im afraid, however im sure done right there is mileage left in it,.

Was he not the awful liitle guy in a cap on Theroux's program?

His offices looked to be in Times Square on Suk but were they really.

About 7 years ago i met this character, "mr ronny " a real scumbag,nearly all his "girls " were bar girls, he was even bragging to me how many he had been with,.i saw hil last aboit 4 years ago sat outside bid c on pattaya with a girl of about 16, i didnt do any business with him, take a look here,.((link removed))it hasnt got a very good reputation im afraid, however im sure done right there is mileage left in it,.

Yes that was him,he did have an office in bkk, but he drove to devon to see me hoping to releive me of 1500 quid, but i was on to him,

About 7 years ago i met this character, "mr ronny " a real scumbag,nearly all his "girls " were bar girls, he was even bragging to me how many he had been with,.i saw hil last aboit 4 years ago sat outside bid c on pattaya with a girl of about 16, i didnt do any business with him, take a look here,.((edit))it hasnt got a very good reputation im afraid, however im sure done right there is mileage left in it,.

Yes that was him,he did have an office in bkk, but he drove to devon to see me hoping to releive me of 1500 quid, but i was on to him,

I used to do some consulting work in the Times Square building and knew it pretty well - I was dubious bout the show and his office in there. There are others who were too and said its really in Suk Soi 11 - anyone know?

I was told he was the front for a guy from Farnborough (the one in Kent not the bigger one in Hampshire) who was a bit of a shady character - done for fake GBP etc.

Well over a decade ago I met two blokes on my very first day in the Nana area and one became a good pal (poor bugger died youngish last year) The other was having "Dates" each night and it turned out it was through an agency set up by the Farnborough guy.

He married one and its through this I learned a lot of "Thai Soap Opera's" through the guy i became a pal with. The Thai girl got a pal over and the guy caught them in bed together, she then ran off to paris and picked up a rich englishman. A couple of years later i had to show my pal where the ampur was in Prakanong as he was helping his pal get a divorce.

Then can you remeber the Northern gas ex-Chairman with the young girl all over the papers - the guy ended up with her for a while I think till she returned to Kanchanaburi

He ended up in gail for a while and skint - he used to have a gold roller when I had a drink with him

He married another Thai - much older who he met in the UK - she was a dragon as I saw them at Battersea Thai Festival one year

Last time I saw him he was with a restaurant duty manager from the hotel i used to use in Bangkok then last year the stafftold me she had moved to a 5* in Pattaya

Oh the complications some people seem to have :o

Great idea! open a site, PM me for datng script, do promotion, get your first 100 signups, place Google Adsence ads, get you check coming monthly, buy me a beer, shop for the used Rover, feel good.

Time span - 3 month up.

Success rate - very good.

Investment - 6$/m for site, domain name, your time., some knowledge in web.

O, I forgot - dedication.

Part 2.

Open few more sites (older, younger, rainbow prospects), invest in adds, get your min 500 visitors a day, stick some other Add, buy me a beer, shop for a Jag, import small grizly to remind you home. Feel good.

There are so many websites already for men to meet women, women meeting men, Asian women, Thai women, literally hundreds of them. If you want to open your own web-site, you should have something original that attracts both women and men.

A better idea would be to offer your services to all these ladies your wife knows for helping them using the existing web-sites. This includes:

- setting up a profile for them in one or several websites, including making good photos for posting there

- setting up an email account for them

- contacting other people (men) on these web-sites

- helping the girls with the emails, mostly in English

- doing background checks of potential partners

- educating the girls about "farang" men, what to expect, where to be cautious etc.

My wife does this and has a pretty good business running this way.

Good luck to you

Given that most of the Thai girls wanting to meet westerners type dating sites appear to be simply prostitution (or closely related to it) do you really want to be part of this sordid world?

You are who you associate with, and my guess is you will be associating with a fair few of the dregs of both the western world and the Thai world.

Better...methinks...if you are going to do this business to instead do something better like perhaps getting children to make soccer balls, or perhaps drunk dwarf wrestling.

Both of those are good money spinners :o:D

For those Thai girls/women who have an understanding of English there are many FREE friendship sites and chat rooms where they can get to know English-speaking guys. That's how I met mine, and it didn't cost anything.

Andy, sure it has to be free and fun. Even with some gimmicks. The cash will flow through adverts, not poor thai girls and ugly western machos. It works like a charm, just give away new ringtones, gossip pics and sorta.

Personally,I would consider another business.

1 bad client/relationship and you could have trouble on your hands !

Could you consider a franchise business instead ,a safer bet with less risk ,look at the momentum of Minor Holdings .

There are still niche markets ,consider how Thai tourism is remodelling itself as a lifestyle ,rather than a service industry.There are opportunities out there.

Good Luck

:o Wiley Coyote

Great idea!!

A few questions to consider:

1. All other dating sites will make the same claims, whether true or not.

2. Where will you find thai women for this type of relationship?

3. What is your response when the inevitable money requests start.

4. You are calling this a business so I suspect you are planning on hitting up the farang for money. Why is this new business better than any of the other businesses which for the most part are based on lies.... " Meet nice Thai women" ... and a BG shows up