Best Burgers In Bangkok

Spaniel

Forget about all these fast food burger places, because they fry their burgers to a frazzle. Go to any Sizzler chain and ask the burger to be cooked medium. If you do not, they will cook it well done by default, and it will taste like a block of wood. Then go to their salad bar and top up burger with anything that takes your fancy - i recommend the blue cheese.

IMO, the burgers at Sizzler are some of the best in Thailand (which is not saying a lot), but I do not want to have to pay for the salad bar too - as I am too full to eat both - and you can not order them separately. I used to go there for burgers before they raised their prices quite a bit, but not any more.

Eat your salad, eat half a burger, and take the rest home for later. Salad is good for you anyway ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 567
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bangkok Burger Thonglor

plain burger 195 . sadly about same diameter as can of coke side by side. That can of coke was 65 bat.

very small side of "coleslaw" that was soggy and tasted like mayonaise only. Fries were ok.

They add 7% vat and 10% service for whatever its worth. About 300 bat for a small ok tasting (nothing to write home about) and a can of coke.

I would take MOS Burger over this one in the future.

Bangkok Burger Thonglor

plain burger 195 . sadly about same diameter as can of coke side by side. That can of coke was 65 bat.

very small side of "coleslaw" that was soggy and tasted like mayonaise only. Fries were ok.

They add 7% vat and 10% service for whatever its worth. About 300 bat for a small ok tasting (nothing to write home about) and a can of coke.

Yeah, Bangkok Burger company are overpriced for very small burgers which contain mushy filler filled meat. You should try the Burger Factory on Ekamai soi 10. Great burger.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Bangkok Burger Thonglor

Yeah, Bangkok Burger company are overpriced for very small burgers which contain mushy filler filled meat. You should try the Burger Factory on Ekamai soi 10. Great burger.

I went to BBC about a year ago...agree with the burgers not up to scratch. I went about a week ago and was amazed hwo much they have improved, easily the best burger i have had in BKK, apart from hide and seek but that is in another price league. I have been to Burger factory twice and on both occasions half the menu was unavailable and very snooty service. BBC are opening in Silom next year, good news, I have just moved here.

Bangkok Burger Thonglor

I went to BBC about a year ago...agree with the burgers not up to scratch. I went about a week ago and was amazed hwo much they have improved, easily the best burger i have had in BKK, apart from hide and seek but that is in another price league. I have been to Burger factory twice and on both occasions half the menu was unavailable and very snooty service. BBC are opening in Silom next year, good news, I have just moved here.

I also live in Silom. If you want a fast food burger that isnt too bad then Carl's Jr has just opened up on Soi Thaniya. The Jalapino burger is pretty good. Although technically fast food not restaurant burgers they make to order and are a level above McDonalds/Burger King etc. Chilli cheese fries are good too.

I doubt I will go back to BBC in any guise. Tried 4 times, every time the food portions were small, the price too high, the meat too mushy and the service too poor.

Apart from the service how did you find the Burger Factory?

Bangkok Burger Thonglor

I also live in Silom. If you want a fast food burger that isnt too bad then Carl's Jr has just opened up on Soi Thaniya. The Jalapino burger is pretty good. Although technically fast food not restaurant burgers they make to order and are a level above McDonalds/Burger King etc. Chilli cheese fries are good too.

I doubt I will go back to BBC in any guise. Tried 4 times, every time the food portions were small, the price too high, the meat too mushy and the service too poor.

I dont like the BF, not just the service but the burgers, it is all personal taste isuppose. I am on the BBC and BF facebook pages and all that BF seem to do is put pictures of Thai soap stars who occasionally visit......a very good reason not to go I think u will agree. I met the owner of BBC a few months ago and he knows his stuff and the burgers have seriously improved....they get a lot of Thai customers and a lot of chicks at lunch, not just farang so thats why they have 2 sizes of burgers, maybe you had the smaller one? in-fact, I am going to BBC over the weekend, I will let you know how it was. Cheers

I dont like the BF, not just the service but the burgers, it is all personal taste isuppose. I am on the BBC and BF facebook pages and all that BF seem to do is put pictures of Thai soap stars who occasionally visit......a very good reason not to go I think u will agree. I met the owner of BBC a few months ago and he knows his stuff and the burgers have seriously improved....they get a lot of Thai customers and a lot of chicks at lunch, not just farang so thats why they have 2 sizes of burgers, maybe you had the smaller one? in-fact, I am going to BBC over the weekend, I will let you know how it was. Cheers

Well to be honest I dont care who visits as long as I get my burger. The reason I like BF is the burgers seem to be made with 100% beef and no fillers which makes the BBC ones (at least the ones I had) mushy. I love that charred taste and the way they cook them medium, still pink in the middle and they bake their own buns. Good bacon too. I just find all the different BBC ones too much, too small or the larger ones too expensive and the service too inconsistent. FYI the chef from the BF left a few months ago and has a new restaurant called Shuffle opening on Raintree Suk 47 on the 25th. We spoke by email and he said there will be a burger on the menu.

Perhaps BBC had radically changed the burger recipe for the meat as nearly everyone I know was disappointed and hasnt gone back. Suppose its better late than never to change, but with so many other options around these days its going tobe hard to convince me to go back.

Don't know the best burger but had the worst burger at Hard Rock Cafe. It was also probably the most expensive

I ever ordered. Got dragged there by an American who "can't eat Thai food". I love MOS burger in Japan.

Have not tried BKK MOS yet.

• 2 weeks later...

Went to Bangkok Burger Company the other day at Mega BangNa. Wife ordered the Aussie burger and enjoyed it, it certainly looked good. I had the Bacon Cheese Burger which was one of the worst burgers I've had in my life. The Beef pattie was huge but just ground beef slop that could have been dog food in another life. The bun was still dough.The bacon tasted like it wasnt real bacon and it was overcooked. Just a tasteless piece of rubbish to me. I couldnt finish it.

There are no kids burgers or kids meals so we were forced to buy a huge plate of chicken strips for our 4 year old that I ended up eating in lieu of the crappy burger.

By the time you add in drinks, curly fries etc the bill was 1500b for 3 of us, 2 adults and a child. Way too expensive for what is on offer.

Will never go back.......

Have to Agree Gino... went there on wednesday. Had a great meal at the Thong Lo branch before and took the wife to the new one in Bangna... like chalk and cheese.. This Mega Bangna one was no where near the standard of what I had with them before. Like you we left halfway through.. No check back from the waitress either(pet hate of mine)

I just hope they don't lose themselves in expanding their brand too quickly

Last week went to Mega Bangna and had a burger at Bangkok Burger and it was not all that bad, but not great either. The meat was a nasty, pasty, sickly looking grey color and the bun was TINY. I had ordered the large burger. The curly fries were ok, quite nice. The taste was not bad if you could overlook the cadaver-like appearance of the meat. A few days ago returned with my wife (she was curious). Due to the difficulty in eating the burger (bun far too small for meat pattie)on the last visit, I ordered the small size thinking they would deliver it on the original size bun. It arrived with the smallest bun I've ever seen and was even worse to eat than the original. And they mixed me up with someone else and gave me regular fries after I'd specified curly fries at least 8 times. They kept saying that every time you come here before you have regular fries. Infuriating. The drink arrived after about 20 minutes. My wife's burger was some sort of small size but had an egg on top. She really could not hold it to try and eat it, so she tried to cut it up, that didn't work as the bun was so doughy that it just fell apart.

I'd give the place a wide berth.

Very wide.

Poor service, mechanically inedible food, nasty meat- nothing to recommend it.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I had an AngusSteakBurger at Firehouse the other night.

The meat was excellent if a tad pink for my liking.

The rest of it left something to be desired however.....buns like plastic....cheese tasteless....not enough onion.

Chips were good though.

Sort out the buns and I might return!

I had an AngusSteakBurger at Firehouse the other night.

The meat was excellent if a tad pink for my liking.

The rest of it left something to be desired however.....buns like plastic....cheese tasteless....not enough onion.

Chips were good though.

Sort out the buns and I might return!

Have you tried the Burger Factory in Ekkamai? I prefer it to Firehouse. I found the Firehouse burgers a bit greasy to be honest.

Decent burger buns?

They make their own. I like em, but one man's decent bun is another man's soggy shitball...

They also do their burgers to medium so they will be a little pink on the inside by default. Try them though, great caramelized nions. Ekkamai soi 10.

• Like 1

I went to the food counter inside the ice rink at central param 9. The place is a bistro food bar which is odd for a hockey rink. I had just been skating so must have been hungry but the burger was amazin. food there is pritty expensive but i had a voucher. Bonus!

Burger came with bacon and melted stilton type cheese with a side order of fat fries. All very posh by burger standards. Taste was great. Would eat there again, but only with a voucher cause im mean....

For value for money, it is hard to beat the 20 baht 711 burgers, your choice of Pork or Chicken with tomato source, mustard chilly sauce, mayo, or all of them, with fresh thinly sliced tomatoes, onions, lettuce and sliced cucumber for the Thai touch.

Bring it on.

Best drunken munchies in Thailand.

For value for money, it is hard to beat the 20 baht 711 burgers, your choice of Pork or Chicken with tomato source, mustard chilly sauce, mayo, or all of them, with fresh thinly sliced tomatoes, onions, lettuce and sliced cucumber for the Thai touch.

Bring it on.

Best drunken munchies in Thailand.

The fact you have to be drunk to enjoy it says it all...

PS Pork or chicken? Umm, Ma where's the beef?

The Burger King burgers here are a sorry imitation for the real thing produced by BK's in the states.

Here, the patties may have been grilled somewhere originally, but by the time they're served here, it's microwaved taste all the way.

Also tried The Firehouse in Suk Soi 11 a while back. It was a Sunday afternoon and the place wasn't that busy, but the service was terrible and the burgers we had were nothing special or noteworthy. Have absolutely no desire or reason to go back.

OK, I will keep my 711 Burger fetish to my self.

Don't know the best burger but had the worst burger at Hard Rock Cafe. It was also probably the most expensive

I ever ordered

I agree, this is a great example of how not to get return customers with what comes out of this kitchen. Very disappointing at that price point.

If yo make them at home, Tops has some good bread rolls.

OK, I will keep my 711 Burger fetish to my self.

I ever ordered

I agree, this is a great example of how not to get return customers with what comes out of this kitchen. Very disappointing at that price point.

If yo make them at home, Tops has some good bread rolls.

Didn't eat there but had crappy cocktails there last week....waaaay overpriced.

Luckily someone else picked up the bill. :D

Took a first visit for lunch today to the Bangkok Burger Co.'s Thong Lor branch on TL Soi 10 in the Opus building.

I had a 265b bacon cheeseburger of their regular 110g size variety. My wife had their DIY (Do It Yourself) burger, fixed plain with no toppings, for 195b in the same regular variety.

Both came with a small regular side of decent thick cut french fries, and a very small cup of coleslaw.

Overall, I thought the burgers were just OK... The regular buns were OK and the meat tasted OK. But for some reason, they seem to prepare all their burgers using very small diameter size buns and a matching small diameter but very thick beef patty. That variety makes the burgers hard to eat and messy, even for bigger mouths.

I'd very much prefer the wider bun and wider flatter patty. Asked the wait staff if they could prepare a burger that wsy, and the answer was no. Likewise, asked about the whole wheat bun option listed on the menu, and the answer from the wait staff was... No Have...

Asked for mustard to accompany our burgers and fries, and the waitress delivered a small French's mustard plastic bottle that was about 90% empty. Called the waitress back, and asked for a better, fuller and perhaps newer bottle. Rather than bringing one, the waitress went back to her station and spent 5 minutes squeezing the last drops of mustard out of the original bottle... They only have one almost empty mustard bottle in the whole place???

Menu prices have 7% VAT added, and service charge is optional and up to the customer.

At lunch on a Monday, we were the only customers in the place except for a single woman diner sitting alone, and yet there were about 5 waitresses on the floor... who mostly spent a lot of time talking and chatting among themselves at the waitress station.

On the plus side, the side order of curly fries we added for an extra 95b was pretty good. And BBCO's menu does offer quite a wide selection of burger varieties/topppings, as well as some related "burgers" with things like falafel, chicken fish sticks, and a veggie variety. They also seem to offer all their burgers with a choice of either beef or pork patties.

Overall, I'd say not bad...not great... I'm at least willing to try some of their other burger varieties... But I sure wish they'd offer or prepare their burgers in the flatter, wider variety.

post-58284-0-40507500-1358172498_thumb.j

Their regular bacon cheese burger

post-58284-0-36375900-1358172499_thumb.j

post-58284-0-49698500-1358172500_thumb.j

• 4 weeks later...

Hadn't realized Carl's Jr was here in BKK (and Pattaya).... Will stop by to see what's on offer.

Our stores

1. 3rd floor, beach side, near glass elevator @ Central Festival Pattaya Beach

Operating Hour: 11:00 AM until 11:00 PM

2. 24th Avenue @ Sukhumvit 24th near The Davis Hotel, Bangkok

Operating Hour: 11:00 AM until Midnight

3. Opposite Thaniya Plaza @ Silom, Soi Thaniya

Operating Hour: 11:00 AM until Midnight (SUN-THU)

11:00 AM until 2:00 AM (FRI-SAT)

http://www.facebook....r.Thailand/info

Nice ad....

post-58284-0-06278200-1360516174_thumb.j

Interesting, their Facebook page says the Thailand stores are using 100% Australian beef....

I'm not sure if this detail below from Facebook was either good or a bit embarrasing for their opening weekend last fall...

276411_169579326485661_1885127885_q.jpg

Carl's Jr. Thailand

September 30, 2012 via mobile

Thanks to everyone for a great opening weekend! We apologize to everyone who visited while we were out of beef, but we're restocked and ready to keep serving you. Have a great week!

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK