Chiang Mai Takes Over Chiang Rai.

tayto

I know there is a danger this post will be deleted and censored but here goes.

Why is Chiang Rai being moderated by 2 mods from Chiang Mai? I most definitly am not looking for the position but, with the utmost respect to Crowboy and another who I don't know, is there nobody from Chiang Rai worthy of the honour.

A bit like Pattaya forum being moderated by someone living in Bangkok??????????

So pick the bones out of that tayto. :o

Who would you have suggested? Name one regular poster who would be have been acceptable to the majority of the other regular posters.

We stuffed it up here mate and there was a very real danger that the CR sub forum would have been closed. At one stage I never saw a single post in nearly four days.

As I said earlier, we don't need to agree with each other but we need to be polite and supply a regular source of information to visitors and expats alike.

We are very happy to have selected 2 new moderators helping out in the Chiang Rai Forum. Correct, you don't necessary need to live in the place where you moderate.

My understanding of a moderators function is to enforce the rules of the forum not give opinoins on threads. So whilst local knowledge could be of value, keeping big brother at arms length could be a benifit :D

Myself I don't live any where near CR, but read the CR Forum avidly as have connections her and have visited several times.

Here's hoping the CR forum gets stronger

:o

So pick the bones out of that tayto. :o

Who would you have suggested? Name one regular poster who would be have been acceptable to the majority of the other regular posters.

We stuffed it up here mate and there was a very real danger that the CR sub forum would have been closed. At one stage I never saw a single post in nearly four days.

As I said earlier, we don't need to agree with each other but we need to be polite and supply a regular source of information to visitors and expats alike.

Actually I would have no hesitation in nominating you

or chownah,svenivan,mumbojumbo,wileycoyote,brahmburger or any regular Chiang rai poster but alas I wasn't asked.

This forum is still very much alive and though days can go by without activity, we would still be well ahead of other regions.

Anyway I look forward to having nice polite words with you and extend the hand of friendship and co-operation to all in Thai Visa's Chiang Rai forum.

Tayto (polite)

We are very happy to have selected 2 new moderators helping out in the Chiang Rai Forum. Correct, you don't necessary need to live in the place where you moderate.

My understanding of a moderators function is to enforce the rules of the forum not give opinoins on threads. So whilst local knowledge could be of value, keeping big brother at arms length could be a benifit :D

Myself I don't live any where near CR, but read the CR Forum avidly as have connections her and have visited several times.

Here's hoping the CR forum gets stronger

:o

Neither MacGriffith nor myself are slow about coming forward with our ideas and opinions :D We are the same on line as we are in person so it will be impossible for us to sit in the background and not participate. I am looking forward to taking part in the forum as a poster but if there are times that I think the thead is being lost in off topic posts or needs to be settled down I will try to make it clear that I am performing as a moderator. Thai Visa is a forum for friends and aquaintences to get together and discuss topics of a wide range in scope. Sometimes people will agree and other times they won't. It is part of being participants in a forum. The only things we ask for is common courtesy and to keep the topic within reasonable bounds. We are all adults and have a wide rage of experiences so this is a place to share and learn for eachother.

I don't know most of you either by online id or personally so it will take me a while to put you all into personalities. Please be patient with us and eachother. I would like to see the forum have lots of interesting threads with an active posting base.

If I do anything that you don't understand and wish to clarify whether I am making a personal or moderating comment please contact me by PM or send an email to crowboy[at]thaivisa.com

regards

CB

I am looking forward to taking part in the forum as a poster but if there are times that I think the thead is being lost in off topic posts or needs to be settled down I will try to make it clear that I am performing as a moderator.

Usually, MacGriffith weilds the bullwhip, while Crowboy plays good cop, however, but he will let Crowboy borrow it in a pinch. :o

Yayto is right. Why do we have to have a non local to moderate us? They dont know our community.

I vote Taxi Joe to be our new Moderator.

Dont know Taxi Joe but Taxim needs a job, and some where to live by all accounts so he could start straight away :o

No worries, guys. CB and I do live in CM, but we both are very familiar with CR.

We look forward to being with you, both as posters and moderators.

Likewise, any problems, complaints or concerns, either PM me, or email at:

mcgriffith[at]thaivisa.com

All I expect from any moderator is that everybody be allowed to express their views or post local knowledge without abuse from people who lack the literary skills to understand it or the patience to read it.

I've said it ad nauseum, if you don't like it, don't freaking read it.

No worries, guys. CB and I do live in CM, but we both are very familiar with CR.

We look forward to being with you, both as posters and moderators.

Likewise, any problems, complaints or concerns, either PM me, or email at:

[email protected]

Hello, who are you?

I have never even heard of your name before today, so it would be nice to know who our moderator is.

Yayto is right. Why do we have to have a non local to moderate us? They dont know our community.

Dont know Taxi Joe but Taxim needs a job, and some where to live by all accounts so he could start straight away :o

I would seriously doubt if our new Chiang Mai moderator ever heard of taxi joe.

Dont know Taxi Joe but Taxim needs a job, and some where to live by all accounts so he could start straight away :D

Nor I. Someone who joined up while I was "away"? :o

Who really cares who is the moderater anyway. I am sure the OP was merely raising a point of curiosity in the first place. And at any rate it is a thankless task anyway so lets have some interesting CR topics in the future.

Who really cares who is the moderater anyway. I am sure the OP was merely raising a point of curiosity in the first place. And at any rate it is a thankless task anyway so lets have some interesting CR topics in the future.

No.I wasn't.

No.I wasn't.

Well you should........ just dont see why it is such a big deal................. Hey Gordon Brown has just taken over as PM in the UK, he lives in london and knows frig all about the rest of the country.... And dont get me started on Goerge Bush (he has trouble finding the bathroom in the morning and he is running America) :D

No.I wasn't.

Well you should........ just dont see why it is such a big deal................. Hey Gordon Brown has just taken over as PM in the UK, he lives in london and knows frig all about the rest of the country.... And dont get me started on Goerge Bush (he has trouble finding the bathroom in the morning and he is running America) :D

:D

So now you're comparing our new Chiang Mai moderators to Gordon Brown and George Bush.

Doesn't say much for the future of Chiang Rai forum.

No.I wasn't.

So now you're comparing our new Chiang Mai moderators to Gordon Brown and George Bush.

No I am sure the moderators will do a much better job than Brown and Bush

No.I wasn't.

Finally....... the future of the CR forum is squarely in yours and you fellow CRF posters hands.

I think there is some confusion as to the role of a moderator. By definition it is to moderate the forum. We monitor the threads and try to make sure that the rules of Thai Visa are followed. These rules are there to ensure that TV remains within the legal obligations of a board in Thailand and also that people posting on it are able to do so in a friendly and cooperative environment.

Neither McG nor I asked to be moderators, we were approached by the TV admin and we are happy to help out. This is not something we need to raise our self esteem or to fill in the empty hours of our life here in Thailand. We are both active members of the board and not confined to the Chiang Mai forum yet people in other parts of Thailand aren't worried about us not be locals.

The point about us not knowing who Taxi Joe is moot, we only know a couple of you from your postings in forums outside of this one. I do know two posters on the forum personally but the rest of you are a learning curve for us. We had the same situation in Chiang Mai where most posters kept to themselves. The recent TV bbq was the first time that more than a half dozen of us actually got together. The majority of people didn't recognise anyone. We are trying to work our way around different personalities as we type. One of the reasons we were asked to take on this role is that we are both from the North and have strong ties here. We have both extensively travelled around the region and are residents here.

Thai Visa has moderators who live all over Thailand and indeed quite a few are overseas residents but the thing in common we have is that we want to keep the forums that we are assigned on a even keel, without fear or favour, where everyone can partake.

If anyone has any questions that you wish to ask of us or about us, please post them here or send us a PM.

regards

CB

As a further note to CrowBoy's above post, I want to say that by no means is the assignment of us as moderators (who live in Chiang Mai) any reflection on any person, group or faction in Chiang Rai. CrowBoy and myself are personal friends of george, Buckwheat and assorted other ThaiVisa.com luminaries. They asked us to help out, as they are somewhat stretched. I am not sure if you in CR are aware of this- it was announced at the CM TV BBQ that thaivisa.com is the largest expat forum in the world, right now. A lot of people, a lot of posts and a lot of threads.....we all want to make it a bigger and better success than it already is. And we welcome all posters, all insights and all points of view.

At some point soon, when it looks like the weather looks reasonably clear (no massive downpours) I would like to ride up on my motorcycle and visit CR a little more in depth than I have in the past. I'll probably stay at least 2 or 3 days, see the sites, and do some riding about on the local mountain roads. It would be great to meet some of you then..... :o

As a further note to CrowBoy's above post, I want to say that by no means is the assignment of us as moderators (who live in Chiang Mai) any reflection on any person, group or faction in Chiang Rai. CrowBoy and myself are personal friends of george, Buckwheat and assorted other ThaiVisa.com luminaries. They asked us to help out, as they are somewhat stretched. I am not sure if you in CR are aware of this- it was announced at the CM TV BBQ that thaivisa.com is the largest expat forum in the world, right now. A lot of people, a lot of posts and a lot of threads.....we all want to make it a bigger and better success than it already is. And we welcome all posters, all insights and all points of view.

At some point soon, when it looks like the weather looks reasonably clear (no massive downpours) I would like to ride up on my motorcycle and visit CR a little more in depth than I have in the past. I'll probably stay at least 2 or 3 days, see the sites, and do some riding about on the local mountain roads. It would be great to meet some of you then..... :o

I still fail to see why the powers that be, did not appoint at least one moderator from Chiang Rai. Are we all so unworthy?

Whilst I agree this moderation could be done from any corner of Thailand, one would think that the moderator would have at least a basic knowledge of the area.

Now, you will both tell me you have .

In spite of this I will be courtious and if and when you decide to visit our nice city, I'll make you a nice cup of coffee/tea and show you the day spots and night spots and the shady characters of Chiang Rai.( sorry no booze as the whole town is on the wagon)

Tayto(friendly)

And we welcome all posters, all insights and all points of view.

ALL insights?....ALL points of view?......why do new mods so often say such ridiculous things like this and "Please feel free to continue this conversation"?

Just wondering,

Chownah

Why not, we've had ALL insights, ALL points of view, ALL sorts of personal abuse for six months. Now we've got two out of town moderators to show for it. So much for self moderation.

Why wonder?

Edited by sceadugenga

Man....now where are the mods when you need them? Buckwheat comes on and posts a totally off topic post about some funky BBQ thing.......What part of "Chiang Mai Takes Over Chiang Rai" is consistent with some funky BBQ thing I ask ya?

If Buckwheat was from Chiang Mai then I would begrudgingly accept this as on topic and one more lash from the "them" taking over the "us"....but he's not...so much for my feeble attempt at salvaging something......maybe the topic title should be changed to "Everyone Takes Over Chiang Rai.

By the way....if elected moderator I will refuse to serve....which for most Chiang Rai posters makes me the ideal candidate!!!

hahhahahaha,

Chownah

Edited by chownah