Chiang Mai Takes Over Chiang Rai.

tayto

In spite of this I will be courtious and if and when you decide to visit our nice city, I'll make you a nice cup of coffee/tea and show you the day spots and night spots and the shady characters of Chiang Rai.( sorry no booze as the whole town is on the wagon)

Tayto(friendly)

Thanks for the friendly invite, and I look forward to meeting you and others soon.

I'll probably be up with CrowBoy as soon as he gets back from an out of town trip he has to Singapore, in about 3 weeks.

McG

Man....now where are the mods when you need them? Buckwheat comes on and posts a totally off topic post about some funky BBQ thing.......What part of "Chiang Mai Takes Over Chiang Rai" is consistent with some funky BBQ thing I ask ya?

If Buckwheat was from Chiang Mai then I would begrudgingly accept this as on topic and one more lash from the "them" taking over the "us"....but he's not...so much for my feeble attempt at salvaging something......maybe the topic title should be changed to "Everyone Takes Over Chiang Rai.

By the way....if elected moderator I will refuse to serve....which for most Chiang Rai posters makes me the ideal candidate!!!

hahhahahaha,

Chownah

You're right, I'm not from Chiang Mai or from Chiang Rai.....I'm from Thaivisa.

The same place that your new mods are from.

The fact that CB and McG can be very helpful to the CR folks to achieve this is something that should be brought to everyones attention.

But thanks for your post evaluation...I'll be back a lot more now to see if I can post more to your liking.

I still fail to see why the powers that be, did not appoint at least one moderator from Chiang Rai. Are we all so unworthy?

Whilst I agree this moderation could be done from any corner of Thailand, one would think that the moderator would have at least a basic knowledge of the area.

Now, you will both tell me you have .

Don't worry, the guys are going to make a trip up there in a few weeks and after about 2 hours wandering around town, they will know everything worth knowing about Chiang Rai! :o

Man....now where are the mods when you need them? Buckwheat comes on and posts a totally off topic post about some funky BBQ thing.......What part of "Chiang Mai Takes Over Chiang Rai" is consistent with some funky BBQ thing I ask ya?

If Buckwheat was from Chiang Mai then I would begrudgingly accept this as on topic and one more lash from the "them" taking over the "us"....but he's not...so much for my feeble attempt at salvaging something......maybe the topic title should be changed to "Everyone Takes Over Chiang Rai.

By the way....if elected moderator I will refuse to serve....which for most Chiang Rai posters makes me the ideal candidate!!!

hahhahahaha,

Chownah

The fact that CB and McG can be very helpful to the CR folks to achieve this is something that should be brought to everyones attention.

But thanks for your post evaluation...I'll be back a lot more now to see if I can post more to your liking.

If you are concerned about whether I like your posts or not you could send them to me and I could edit them to my liking and then return them to you. I am really busy right now so it might take a few days for them to make it through my que of things to do but I'll assign them a good prioriy.....during rice harvest forget it....everything else will get put on hold for the duration....rice harvest starts about the middle of November.

Chownah

hahhahahaha,

Chownah

If you are concerned about whether I like your posts or not you could send them to me and I could edit them to my liking and then return them to you. I am really busy right now so it might take a few days for them to make it through my que of things to do but I'll assign them a good prioriy.....during rice harvest forget it....everything else will get put on hold for the duration....rice harvest starts about the middle of November.

Chownah

Might be earlier this year, the suns out today and no sign of rain.

In spite of this I will be courtious and if and when you decide to visit our nice city, I'll make you a nice cup of coffee/tea and show you the day spots and night spots and the shady characters of Chiang Rai.( sorry no booze as the whole town is on the wagon)

Tayto(friendly)

Thanks for the friendly invite, and I look forward to meeting you and others soon.

I'll probably be up with CrowBoy as soon as he gets back from an out of town trip he has to Singapore, in about 3 weeks.

McG

Could I suggest that we all have a bit of a meet up when you come, nothing official, just a clearing of the air and a get to know you.

We could meet in Bo's place for a pint or a coffee or if someone has a better suggestion.

As far as I am aware there has never been any gathering of Thaivisa members in Chiang Rai before and it will be an oppertunity to put faces to names.

Up to you?

Tayto(friendly)

McG

Could I suggest that we all have a bit of a meet up when you come, nothing official, just a clearing of the air and a get to know you.

We could meet in Bo's place for a pint or a coffee or if someone has a better suggestion.

As far as I am aware there has never been any gathering of Thaivisa members in Chiang Rai before and it will be an oppertunity to put faces to names.

Up to you?

The intention behind the trip is to do exactly that. We would like to have an evening with as many of the CR forum posters as possible and get to meet you guys. We will probably be up there for a couple of days and if anyone wants to meet for a coffee or a pint we would be happy to join you.

JaiDee and his wife were up in the Rai some time ago and met up with some of the forum.

cheers

CB

We stuffed it up here mate and there was a very real danger that the CR sub forum would have been closed. At one stage I never saw a single post in nearly four days.

We had a very good moderator for our forum, mr Limbo, that been here in Chiang Rai for so many years. He put in a lot of effort in this forum to give information about what was going on. When someone had questions he often had answers because he had a very good network both among thais and farangs.

When he left the forum it was not the same and many of us stopped to log in and check what was going on and of course also stopped posting.

If you go back a year and check number of new posts per day it was 10 times more per day compared to what it has been after he left as a moderator.

We all miss our post-29230-1190445993.gif

:o:D:D

We stuffed it up here mate and there was a very real danger that the CR sub forum would have been closed. At one stage I never saw a single post in nearly four days.

We had a very good moderator for our forum, mr Limbo, that been here in Chiang Rai for so many years. He put in a lot of effort in this forum to give information about what was going on. When someone had questions he often had answers because he had a very good network both among thais and farangs.

When he left the forum it was not the same and many of us stopped to log in and check what was going on and of course also stopped posting.

If you go back a year and check number of new posts per day it was 10 times more per day compared to what it has been after he left as a moderator.

That is certainly your own opinion and most definitly not mine.

Limbo was legendary as far as good, honest, helpful moderators go, but both of the new Chiang Rai moderators are known for many of the same character traits to us that know them. Maybe, give them half a chance? :D

Limbo was legendary as far as good, honest, helpful moderators go, but both of the new Chiang Rai moderators are known for many of the same character traits to us that know them. Maybe, give them half a chance? :D

I have no opinion about the new moderators and will absolutely give them a chans. What I wanted to tell was why did Chiang Rai forum suddenly die!

Me and many others checked CR-forum every day and we had a lot of interesting discussions and got a lot of very good info.

After Limbo left all we could discuss was how much haze it was.

But maybe the new moderators can give it some life?!?!

:D:bah::bah:

But maybe the new moderators can give it some life?!?!

We are purposely keeping back from the forum to avoid the suggestion that we are taking it over. Our role is to ensure that the forum is a safe and enjoyable place for the members to post and read. We are both actively reading the threads to get up to speed on what is happening in the Rai and both McG and I are very interested.

We have pinned some threads to the top of the board as requested and I removed the Motorsport one that has only got a few old posts. We hope that these will be a focal point for the local members to keep what up to date with news, the weather, and were to eat. We need to limit the number of pinned threads but if there are requests for additional ones we will think about what we can do to help.

regards

CB

:D:D and both of them have given up drinking too :o

What this "give up drinking", who is casting these aspersions on our good name?" Actually for the next two weeks I won't be having anything alcoholic so maybe it is true :D

It's ok though McGriffith has promised to consume my share of the Beer Singha as well as his own. Unfortunately he is a light weight Californian who has two cans of Budweiser 2.2% alcohol and then passes out :D. I will have to catch up the missed beers when I get back.

CB

Crow Boy,

In my experience people who say things like, "What this "give up drinking", who is casting these aspersions on our good name?" or people who say things like, " he is a light weight Californian who has two cans of Budweiser 2.2% alcohol and then passes out " are usually alcoholic....even when said in jest....are you alcoholic.....just wondering.

Chownah

Edited by chownah

I would say that this indicates that one is a drinker, rather than an alchoholic.

I have to admit that the British and Australian tendency to glorify alcohol, seems rather dated to me, but Americans are only slightly less so inclined.

The Irish just drink.

lepercn2.gif

Edited by tayto

I think Limbo is a great poster but he made a terrible moderator.

Please tell me why!!!

:D:D:D

No, let's not go there please... personal opinions of other members (or past moderators) should not be aired on the forum... don't forget, the CR forum serves as a source of information for visitors as well as CR locals, and discussion of this nature would serve nobody any good at all.

:o