Bringing Pets

This has been a great forum for expats to get information, thanks for having such a web site. In 99 days I turn 50 yrs old, and I'm bringing two dogs and a parrot into Thailand on a type O-A Retirement Visa. I'll apply for the visa here in the states the day after my birthday. I found a drirect flight out of Los Angeles to Bangkok on Thai Airways, all the others transfer planes. The dogs have to go cargo and the parrot can ride under my seat, or so I have been told. It's a 17+ hr run so needless to say I'm nervous for the dogs. The parrot has been with me since the end of the Viet Nam war and served with me in NATO. By the way, he came to Europe via a wooden box from Brazil with a shitload of other birds, most were likely dead! What expierences have some of you had, if any with bringing in a pet and what forms of transportation did you use? When I brought the parrot into the US back in the seventies we had "Parrot Fever" going around, no shit! It took reams of paperwork in triplicate, luckily I was used to havin more paperwork than I needed from the military! ;^{D If you have pets, what advise could you share... Khap Khun! Charlie