' Elite' Police Cadet In Pub Brawl

george

'Elite' police cadet in pub brawl

BANGKOK: -- A birthday party attended by a well-connected police cadet and some 30 of his friends turned into a huge brawl in Bangkok's Huai Khwang district early yesterday.

The party at the Lalika Pub ended with fights and extensive damage to the property.

Sukjai Sukchok, 56, the pub's owner, filed a police complaint yesterday, saying Cadet Sutthi-rak Lakkhalikhit - who is training at Huai Khwang station - and his friends attacked a security guard at the pub and damaged the property at 5.30am yesterday. The pub owner later had journalists inspect the damage and watch close-circuit camera footage of the incident.

The pub's assistant manager, Jintana Dinarabaram, 34, said Sutthirak and his friends were celebrating when a fight broke out. A security guard then stepped in to calm things down.

Another brawl erupted outside as the group was waiting to go home. The guard stepped in again and broke up the fight, Jintana said.

The cadet, in his car by then, rolled down the window and asked the guard if he knew he was a Huai Khwang police officer, that his father was a well-known person and that his uncle was a senior military officer, she said. Jintana tried to get the guard to go inside, but Sutthirak and four friends, including a woman, attacked the guard. Pub staff broke up the fight and pushed the guard inside. But, instead of leaving things alone, Sutthirak's group went inside and started throwing things, damaging the glass wall, bottles of alcohol, plus chairs and tables.

Jintana said she begged them to stop but they refused and threatened to get the Army to close the place down. It was not until police arrived that things quietened down.

Huai Khwang station chief Colonel Songpol Wattanachai said if Cadet Sutthirak was found guilty, he would face legal proceedings. Later, the cadet's father went to the police station, and claimed his son was attacked first. He called on the media to help set things straight.

-- The Nation 2007-09-21

BANGKOK: --

Sukjai Sukchok, 56, the pub's owner, filed a police complaint yesterday, saying Cadet Sutthi-rak Lakkhalikhit - who is training at Huai Khwang station - and his friends attacked a security guard at the pub and damaged the property at 5.30am yesterday. The pub owner later had journalists inspect the damage and watch close-circuit camera footage of the incident.

Why was the bar open at 5.30am?

BANGKOK: -- A birthday party attended by a well-connected police cadet and some 30 of his friends turned into a huge brawl in Bangkok's Huai Khwang district early yesterday.

The party at the Lalika Pub ended with fights and extensive damage to the property.

The pub's assistant manager, Jintana Dinarabaram, 34, said Sutthirak and his friends were celebrating when a fight broke out. A security guard then stepped in to calm things down.

Another brawl erupted outside as the group was waiting to go home. The guard stepped in again and broke up the fight, Jintana said.

The cadet, in his car by then, rolled down the window and asked the guard if he knew he was a Huai Khwang police officer, that his father was a well-known person and that his uncle was a senior military officer, she said. Jintana tried to get the guard to go inside, but Sutthirak and four friends, including a woman, attacked the guard. Pub staff broke up the fight and pushed the guard inside. But, instead of leaving things alone, Sutthirak's group went inside and started throwing things, damaging the glass wall, bottles of alcohol, plus chairs and tables.

Jintana said she begged them to stop but they refused and threatened to get the Army to close the place down. It was not until police arrived that things quietened down.

Huai Khwang station chief Colonel Songpol Wattanachai said if Cadet Sutthirak was found guilty, he would face legal proceedings. Later, the cadet's father went to the police station, and claimed his son was attacked first. He called on the media to help set things straight.

-- The Nation 2007-09-21

You get a lot of that in thailand," DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM " My answer is always the same " If you dont know how the hel am i supposed to know ! " ?

"Later, the cadet's father went to the police station, and claimed his son was attacked first. He called on the media to help set things straight."

Let the lies begin. Police everywhere worldwide are the lowest trash, no exceptions!

I disagree with your statement that "police everywhere are the lowest trash, no exceptions." I can't help but think that some one who makes such statements has little respect for the law and is probably involved with criminal activities. At minimum to make such an overgeneralization is ignorant at best. Not that I am supportive in any way, with the unethical behaviors, that seem to be the norm, when it comes to Thai Police actions. No matter what class in society that you may belong to, you should obey the law, and be held accountable for your behavior!

Edited by philliphn

"Later, the cadet's father went to the police station, and claimed his son was attacked first. He called on the media to help set things straight."

Let the lies begin. Police everywhere worldwide are the lowest trash, no exceptions!

I disagree with your statement that "police everywhere are the lowest trash, no exceptions." I can't help but think that some one who makes such statements has little respect for the law and is probably involved with criminal activities. At minimum to make such an overgeneralization is ignorant at best. Not that I am supportive in any way, with the unethical behaviors, that seem to be the norm, when it comes to Thai Police actions. No matter what class in society that you may belong to, you should obey the law, and be held accountable for your behavior!

if he's found guilty sack him and bring shame to his famjly ,but nothing will happen ,it never does .

What were they doing opened at 5:30 AM in the first place? :D

Private Party? :o

Yeah, right. It's amazing how many friends you can make in a single night in order to keep the place opened for a "private party" until 6 or 7 AM on overpriced drinks. I just hope they'll give up to this stupid law on closing hours.