Best ***** Hotel In Krabi?

PMK

Hi,

I have been asked for suggestions on the best hotel in Krabi. I live in Chonburi - never been there! These folks are wealthy - price will not be a problem. Recommendations appreciated

Peter

Quite a few :

Ayodhaya Suite Resort & Spa

Centara Grand Beach

Rayavadee

Sheraton

Sofitel Phokeethra

Of which I would prefer Centara for its private beach and fantastic view (Villa's).

For reviews check www.tripadvisor.com

Cheers

onzestan

Hi,

I have been asked for suggestions on the best hotel in Krabi. I live in Chonburi - never been there! These folks are wealthy - price will not be a problem. Recommendations appreciated

Peter

Quite a few :

Ayodhaya Suite Resort & Spa

Centara Grand Beach

Rayavadee

Sheraton

Sofitel Phokeethra

Of which I would prefer Centara for its private beach and fantastic view (Villa's).

For reviews check www.tripadvisor.com

Cheers

onzestan

Ayodhaya Suite Resort & Spa - from what i hear on the Krabi grapevine, this place is crap!

Centara Grand Beach - very nice & special. Fantastic views

Rayavadee - cut off from the main areas, but v. exclusive

Sheraton - alot of guests are complaining at the mo

Sofitel Phokeethra - service is supposed to be very poor. crap beach too

I am surprised you have missed the BEST of the lot. The Tubkaak - great beach, great views, awesome staff.

October 2007, I stayed at the Sheraton, the suite 201 in building A is very very nice, with big private balcony, loungers, tables and chairs, beautiful bathroom, everything spacious, two TVs, DVD player, coffee / cappuchino machine, guest bathroom plenty of towels and hand towels, a lot of free water every day, more than you can drink, ice in the room.

They do have a problem with little ants who will come quickly if you leave any food around in the open, but if you don't leave anything out, there are no ants. Apart from that there were no other bugs and not many mossies either considering it was raining every day.

The aircon is not too noisy at all, even on the highest setting and if you set it to medium or low it's even quieter.

The little elephant is there and they bring it out to the beach to play with guests in the afternoons.

Room service food is good and there are many Thai restaurants outside of the hotel to eat normal Thai food at normal, cheap Thai prices.

There is a small shopping center right next to the hotel with a photo shop as well as other shops and minimarts are close-by.

One problem is that they don't have high speed internet connections in the rooms at the Sheraton.

I also went to the Tubkaak to have a look around and it looks not close to as nice as the sheraton, it looks very aged and much cheaper than the Sheraton.

I went for a tour at the Sofitel as well, that is located between the Sheraton and the Tubkaak, but closer to the Sheraton. The rooms all have a LAN port for high speed internet, it is all brand new (opened Feb 2007), not many people there yet so you have the place including the huuuge pool pretty much to yourself.

It looks about 5 times more exclusive and impressive than the Sheraton, unfortunately not part of the Starwood Group or I would only stay there instead of the Sheraton.

The only thing is that you don't have direct beach access, but have to cross the road, but with this huuge pool who would want to swim in the ocean, the beach is not that nice there anyway.

They have very nice suites, the honeymoon suite is very neat with direct pool access but expensive at over 40,000 Baht per night.

• 3 weeks later...

The Sheraton is OK for the package tourist mob who like the big chains, but The Tubkaak is FAR more special, better service and quieter, nicer beach.

The Tubkaak - aged? Are you kidding?!

Edited by mr_lob