Where Is The Best Place To Teach In Thailand?

garro

I have been living in a Thai village, Phitsanulok province, for the last few years. I have started a family think that it maybe time to move back to a city. If I decide to move it won't be till next year. I will want to teach English full-time.

I have a few years experience teaching pratum 3-6. I also have a degree and I am currently studying for a 'Postgraduate Certificate in Education' by distance education.

Where do you guys think would be a good place to move to in regards to the following criteria;

- availability of work

- schools for my son

-good quality of life

- salary

Chiang Mai

After you obtain the PGCE you'll easily find work in one of the large private schools and probably won't have a problem finding work at one of the many International Schools here. International Schools pay around 50+K baht/month plus your kids are usually allowed to study for free.

The only downside to living here is the air pollution during March and April.

Bangkok probably has the competitive edge over CM, but you need to decide where you would rather live. I live in Bangkok, but if I were going to change jobs, I would rather live in CM.

We had a teacher who worked here and left for CM, but after 1 semester he returned to Bangkok. For a whole host of reasons, he thought BKK was the better option.

Best of luck to you.