Help! Starting A Small Business In Thailand

surfer808

Hello experts...I needed your advice about my situation: I know it's probably been asked 100x, but I've searched this forum several times and cannot find the answer.

My question is: I'm an American photographer, wanting to open up a small picture gallery in Thailand.

I've already found a place to rent my gallery...All the supplies, etc. I just need to take care of the legal side of it all now. What documents do I need to get a working VISA? If I can obtain a 3 month working VISA that would work, I could then request an extension if business does well. If it doesn't no problem, I'll just pack up and move back home. I'm 29 (so it's not like a retirement request)

Please advise...

Thanks

Eager Photographer

Hello experts...I needed your advice about my situation: I know it's probably been asked 100x, but I've searched this forum several times and cannot find the answer.

My question is: I'm an American photographer, wanting to open up a small picture gallery in Thailand.

I've already found a place to rent my gallery...All the supplies, etc. I just need to take care of the legal side of it all now. What documents do I need to get a working VISA? If I can obtain a 3 month working VISA that would work, I could then request an extension if business does well. If it doesn't no problem, I'll just pack up and move back home. I'm 29 (so it's not like a retirement request)

Please advise...

Thanks

Eager Photographer

You'll need to set up a company and get a visa and then a work permit. As an American you can own and manage the business 100% under the Amity Treaty.

In the USA at a Thai Embassy/ Consulate, you can obtain a one year multi entry visa which means you can come and go as many times as you would like in one year but you can only stay 90 days each time. By simply leaving and reentering you get a fresh 90 days.

You will not be able to get a extension of stay permit based on business until your second year in operation at the earliest. That is why you should ask for a one year mlti entry visa.

You will need a letter from a Thai company to get the visa. If you are a serious investor, our firm can help. Feel free to e-mail us at [email protected]

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

if you're from the 808,home is not such a bad paradise to move back to.i spent last year living on ala wai blvd in waikiki surfing every day and clubbing every night.my nsp surfboard is waiting for me in storage for every time i go back every several months.

us citizens have the treaty of amity and you may have advantages other foreign nationals don't.

• 5 months later...

Hello - I am an American and Im interested in owning and operating a business in Thailand. How would I go about setting up a company? Id like to do import/export of aquarium fish and garden plants. I would also consider opening a retail shop in Thailand selling various pet related items/foods and offering services such as dog/cat boarding, training, grooming, etc. A step by step run down of the process, requirements, fees, etc. would be appreciated.

thanks

Please advise...

Thanks

Eager Photographer

You'll need to set up a company and get a visa and then a work permit. As an American you can own and manage the business 100% under the Amity Treaty.

In the USA at a Thai Embassy/ Consulate, you can obtain a one year multi entry visa which means you can come and go as many times as you would like in one year but you can only stay 90 days each time. By simply leaving and reentering you get a fresh 90 days.

You will not be able to get a extension of stay permit based on business until your second year in operation at the earliest. That is why you should ask for a one year mlti entry visa.

You will need a letter from a Thai company to get the visa. If you are a serious investor, our firm can help. Feel free to e-mail us at [email protected]

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

Please advise...

Thanks

Eager Photographer

... ah - disregard any negative answers you might get, I'm sure I can set you up with proper ownership of a shop that'll meet your requirements as stated ... Sorry, but I don't operate outside of Chiang Mai (the province).