Looking For Factory To Produce Wooden Products For Export

koheesti

I have a friend who currently has wooden items produced in a factory in China and exported to Russia. Items such as; wooden picture frames, wooden hangers, and kitchen stuff (cutting boards, spoons, spatulas, etc). He is open to the possibility of moving production from China to Thailand. He will be coming to Thailand in the first quarter of 2008 and is interested in contacting some factories which might qualify. As for quantity he generally buys 62 cubic meters or 24 metric tons.

Anyone know of any or can suggest where to look?

what kind of wood does he want to use ? There are many factories for teak around chiang mai and many rubber wood factories around bangkok.

Teak - or other hardwoods for frames that would have a natural finish.

100s of places in chang mai ...

I use to ship all this sort of stuff to the UK, Pictures, frames, woodcarings, furniture etc, best place to start, is Hang dong, just outside Chaing Mai, you will get everything around this area, they will even make things to order, try this guy, he is a mate of mine, he has a shop and factory, good stuff, also he will give you contacts. I will postmark you details, in the Handicraft centre there is a shipping office that will sort shipping etc out for you, girls name is Noi.

I use to ship all this sort of stuff to the UK, Pictures, frames, woodcarings, furniture etc, best place to start, is Hang dong, just outside Chaing Mai, you will get everything around this area, they will even make things to order, try this guy, he is a mate of mine, he has a shop and factory, good stuff, also he will give you contacts. I will postmark you details, in the Handicraft centre there is a shipping office that will sort shipping etc out for you, girls name is Noi.

Thanx for the great info. I've passed it onto my friend

• 2 weeks later...