New Office Location Korat Immigration

dutch

Office from Immigration will move from Assumption school (in town)to the TOT office( about 12 km's outside town).

TOT office is located at the big road No. 2 from Korat to Bangkok.

At around km 244 take the frontage road and on the left side at around km 241 you will find the TOT building.

On the outside frontwall in blue letters" TOT public company Ltd"

Edited by dutch

Office from Immigration will move from Assumption school (in town)to the TOT office( about 12 km's outside town).

TOT office is located at the big road No. 2 from Korat to Bangkok.

At around km 244 take the frontage road and on the left side at around km 241 you will find the TOT building.

On the outside frontwall in blue letters" TOT public company Ltd"

Dutch, this is useful imformation, pity I didn't find it till today as I went there to report in yesterday 1st October. No signs or info at old office but my wife got vague instructions from office furniture removal man. It is useful to know that if approaching from the south there is a very large Wat on the left opposite the TOT office. Immigration is on the ground floor and the office is far nicer than the old one.

Peterpaintpot

Attached is a map I picked up at the office. It's not difficult to find, just a little further out of town than you would think.

Hi,

Thank you and very helpful.

Do you, OR ANYBODY, have a full postal address (in English) for the new Korat Imm. Office. I ned to post my 90 Report form Khon Kaen withing the next 120 days and have no idea where to send it. I can phone but things get lost in translation and cannot afford a misunderstanding or I will be in breach of 90 Day reporting rules.

Many Thanks

"I need to post my 90 Report form Khon Kaen within the next 120 days..."

I'm sure someone will post an address in the next 4 months.

:D Cute Terry.

I meant 10 days :o (max) so as you can see the info (if out there) would be urgently appreciated

Kind regards,

Dave

Dave, as it happens, I'm planning on going there either this coming Fri or Mon. I'll try to remember to post info when I get back.

If it was me, and I didn't have the new address, I'd mail to the old one. I have faith in the PO.

Terry

Dave, as it happens, I'm planning on going there either this coming Fri or Mon. I'll try to remember to post info when I get back.

If it was me, and I didn't have the new address, I'd mail to the old one. I have faith in the PO.

Terry

Thanks a bunch Terry. That'll be brilliant.

You are probably correct about the post office as I have always got my post received and delivered from overseas very quickly but when it comes to Imm. deadlines I prefer not to take ANY risks.

My 90 reporting is actually due Th October (not sure why I was told that date as I thought the 90 days reporting should have run from my new Visa extension date but the Korat Officer was quite precise telling me to post 90 days from the previous 90 day report I sent to Korat two weeks before my extension. (I'm not bothered either way except I would have had a little more time to find the new address)

I wish to continue using Korat rather than Nong Khai (who I have never dealt with directly except 90 postal reporting in the past) as NK seem to now be demanding 90 day reporting personal visits (from most).

If you feel it will not raise any problems fro you Terry perhaps when at the Korat Office there you can confirm that Korat will be happy continuing servicing those from Khon Kaen (especially those already using them). I have read 100% opposite reports on that. One has said he was sent to Nong Khai after visiting Korat but others have said they had no problem with Korat.

Korat labels themselves clearly as "The North Eastern Region Centre" on their "how to find us" A4 map that they are handing out from their new new office (its shame they did not add their new postal address and phone number on that document as well). They also had those words on the outside wall of their old address BUT regretfully that does not in itself prove anything, especially in Thailand and only word from the Korat Officers will give me confidence .

I look forward to your advice Terry and many thanks again Mate.

Kindest Regards,

Dave

Terry

Thanks a bunch Terry. That'll be brilliant.

You are probably correct about the post office as I have always got my post received and delivered from overseas very quickly but when it comes to Imm. deadlines I prefer not to take ANY risks.

My 90 reporting is actually due Th October (not sure why I was told that date as I thought the 90 days reporting should have run from my new Visa extension date but the Korat Officer was quite precise telling me to post 90 days from the previous 90 day report I sent to Korat two weeks before my extension. (I'm not bothered either way except I would have had a little more time to find the new address)

I wish to continue using Korat rather than Nong Khai (who I have never dealt with directly except 90 postal reporting in the past) as NK seem to now be demanding 90 day reporting personal visits (from most).

If you feel it will not raise any problems fro you Terry perhaps when at the Korat Office there you can confirm that Korat will be happy continuing servicing those from Khon Kaen (especially those already using them). I have read 100% opposite reports on that. One has said he was sent to Nong Khai after visiting Korat but others have said they had no problem with Korat.

Korat labels themselves clearly as "The North Eastern Region Centre" on their "how to find us" A4 map that they are handing out from their new new office (its shame they did not add their new postal address and phone number on that document as well). They also had those words on the outside wall of their old address BUT regretfully that does not in itself prove anything, especially in Thailand and only word from the Korat Officers will give me confidence .

I look forward to your advice Terry and many thanks again Mate.

Kindest Regards,

Dave

Dave.

I myself have to do a 90 day report this month. Last time I posted it to Korat.

My wife telephoned them today to ask for the address and she was told that they no longer accept the reports my post. You have to post to Bangkok or go in person.

There is always the chance that my wife misunderstood or did not explain herself very well.

I suggest you ask your wife to give them a ring and ask. 044465342

John

Edited by Lite Beer

[quote name='gdhm' post='1597941' date='2007-10-16 07:09:45'

Dave.

My wife telephoned them today to ask for the address and she was told that they no longer accept the reports my post. You have to post to Bangkok or go in person.

There is always the chance that my wife misunderstood or did not explain herself very well.

John

Thanks John.

Will do. I will however, ask my wife to speak to the officer who serviced us when I extended my Retirement Visa (as he gave us his number and name) in case it is down to individual officers whether they are willing to deal with Postal 90 reporting or not.

Kind Regards,

Dave

Edited by gdhm

[quote name='gdhm' post='1597941' date='2007-10-16 07:09:45'

Dave.

John

Thanks John.

Will do. I will however, ask my wife to speak to the officer who serviced us when I extended my Retirement Visa (as he gave us his number and name) in case it is down to individual officers whether they are willing to deal with Postal 90 reporting or not.

Kind Regards,

Dave

Thanks Dave.

Please keep us informed.

My wife has just phoned our last servicing officer at the Korat Immigration Office.

The officer remembered us and that we live in Khon Kaen.

He gave us an address and did not say to my wife that I cannot post my 90 report to him. I will send early and see what happens. I do recall when I went for my Retirement Visa extension beginning of August that the officer told us to report in person for our 90 day reporting. I pointed out we would have to travel 3 hours to get there every 90 days. He said postal reporting may get missed or overlooked as personal attendance in all matters are given priority and offered that I send mine addressed for his attention. Consequently, I cannot be sure if my postal 90 Day report will be accepted and/or whether acceptance of postal 90 Day reports is entirely down to individual officer's discretion.

Anyway, my wife (bless her) got an address but as so often is the case the translation from Thai to English is not an exact science (not to mention the possibility of mishearing what the officer said in the first place).

I went on to the Internet to try and confirm spellings and have made a few minor spelling adjustments and the address (I believe to be with most common spellings) is:

North Eastern Region Immigration Center

TOT Public Co. Ltd. Office

118 Moo 10, Mitraphap Road,

Tambon Khok Kruat,

Amphoe Muang,

Nakhon Ratchasima 30280

Thailand

New phone number: 044465342

This is the address I will try. Hopefully I get my slip back in a week to 10 days. If not I will send to the Bangkok Address.

Kind Regards, Dave

Edited by gdhm

My wife has just phoned our last servicing officer at the Korat Immigration Office.

The officer remembered us and that we live in Khon Kaen.

He gave us an address and did not say to my wife that I cannot post my 90 report to him. I will send early and see what happens. I do recall when I went for my Retirement Visa extension beginning of August that the officer told us to report in person for our 90 day reporting. I pointed out we would have to travel 3 hours to get there every 90 days. He said postal reporting may get missed or overlooked as personal attendance in all matters are given priority and offered that I send mine addressed for his attention. Consequently, I cannot be sure if my postal 90 Day report will be accepted and/or whether acceptance of postal 90 Day reports is entirely down to individual officer's discretion.

Anyway, my wife (bless her) got an address but as so often is the case the translation from Thai to English is not an exact science (not to mention the possibility of mishearing what the officer said in the first place).

I went on to the Internet to try and confirm spellings and have made a few minor spelling adjustments and the address (I believe to be with most common spellings) is:

North Eastern Region Immigration Center

TOT Public Co. Ltd. Office

118 Moo 10, Mitraphap Road,

Tambon Khok Kruat,

Amphoe Muang,

Nakhon Ratchasima 30280

Thailand

New phone number: 044465342

This is the address I will try. Hopefully I get my slip back in a week to 10 days. If not I will send to the Bangkok Address.

Kind Regards, Dave

Good work and good luck.

Thanks Dave. This will save myself the embarrassment of having to look at notes to remember what I want to find out.

Are you going to post info on kk.com?

Terry

Good point Terry. I have on KoratFarang Forum and will do so now on the Khon Kaen Forum

I sent my 90 Reporting today by EMS .

Will see:

1) If it arrives and

2) If my contact officer will kindly process it.

Kind Regards,

Dave

Edited by gdhm

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Sent my 90-day report by mail in late January. Never received a receipt from Korat Imm. Office. So, next time took my 90-day report to BKK Immigration in person.

Result? 5,000 baht fine for not being able to show a receipt from last report.

My take on 90 day reports: Damned if you do, damned if you don't. :o

Sent my 90-day report by mail in late January. Never received a receipt from Korat Imm. Office. So, next time took my 90-day report to BKK Immigration in person.

Result? 5,000 baht fine for not being able to show a receipt from last report.

My take on 90 day reports: Damned if you do, damned if you don't. :o

I always send mine by post to Korat from Khon Kaen (4 times now). Always returned within 4 to 7 days.

Did you send yours by EMS and keep the EMS proof of postage receipt. If so You can look up the Thai post office web page (in English) and insert your EMS postage receipt number and check if delivered to destination as it has a tracking service.

Regards

Dave

• 5 months later...
Can anyone advise how to get out to the Korat immigration office now that it is so far from everything? Is there a songtow, bus, or some other transport? Or maybe Tuk tuks will go that far out (must be rather expensive.
Sorry no one has jumped to help you. I don't live in Korat but they do have taxis. I would imagine that to be the best way forward. Once there speak to a farang with a view to a free ride back to town. While I'm on can anyone please explain why they placed an immigration office 12 km outside of a city with no facilities to get there ?

Can anyone advise how to get out to the Korat immigration office now that it is so far from everything? Is there a songtow, bus, or some other transport? Or maybe Tuk tuks will go that far out (must be rather expensive.
Sorry no one has jumped to help you. I don't live in Korat but they do have taxis. I would imagine that to be the best way forward. Once there speak to a farang with a view to a free ride back to town. While I'm on can anyone please explain why they placed an immigration office 12 km outside of a city with no facilities to get there ?

I live in Korat. Yes you can hire a taxi meter to take you there. I believe it was a cost savings to move the office 12 k's from town since they had office space available in the TOT building.

Barry

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I live in Korat. Yes you can hire a taxi meter to take you there. I believe it was a cost savings to move the office 12 k's from town since they had office space available in the TOT building.

Barry

Does the Korat Immigration Office service the Surin area?

Does the Korat Immigration Office service the Surin area?

Yes, it does. But it is now on Route 24 near the Chokchai Intersection, not the TOT Building (see many posts in the Visa section).

Edited by isanbirder

• 1 month later...
New office under construction off of route 224 to open around next Feb.

Barry

New office is 1 km west of the main light intersection 224 & 24 in ChokChai on the south side of 24 next to PTT gas station.