I Rest My Case Thai Visa.

davethailand

I am looking into the matter, and he might be allowed back at a later stage. Plase note that you are discussing modearation issues, which is not allowed in the forum rules.

When I have done the investigation, I will revert.

NOTE:

Any more posts/threads about Bluecat will be closed/deleted and member banned.[/QUOTE]

this is'nt the answer the members are looking for.

incase i'm banned then i'll say in advance- thanks thai visa, thanks George a great forum, BUT it's in danger of getting a bit like being at school, (speak when we say, what we say and how we say)

there must be ways of members having a bit of harmless fun? :o

There seem to be strong similarities between the Thai government and moderators of Thaivisa.com in their acceptance of criticism.

They both can act with impunity and without any need to provide an explanation to the people who make it what it is.

Chanchao is an example for all moderators, he positively contributes to the development of this board. I understand that it's difficult to get people like him but if the forum wants to grow it needs to attract good people.

I also rest my case, I don't see any use in talking to people who are not even decent enough to send a reply and follow the rules they made themselves. (Like telling a member why they have been banned)

this is'nt the answer the members are looking for.

incase i'm banned then i'll say in advance- thanks thai visa, thanks George a great forum, BUT it's in danger of getting a bit like being at school, (speak when we say, what we say and how we say)

there must be ways of members having a bit of harmless fun? :o

Dave,

Check out the new forum under the "Community Forums" section, its going to be the area to have a bit more fun, for members to talk about stuff they want to talk about... I think its the area/idea your looking for.

The forum itself is still new, still in the process of being set up, give it another day or two for things to get sorted out and implimented and check it again...

you might be pleasently supprised

Just my 2 bahts worth

Any company or set up serving the public should listen to their public and not bite the hand that feeds them, let alone ban their anchor.

I agree, Chanchao is the only moderator who seems human.

I have no problem with George other than the fact he is so so cold and formal.

The Doc is the most complained about but he has the most character which is at least something, however, he too can be a little unfair at times and both can be very dismissive.

Shame, it would be nice if they joined in more and allowed themselves to enjoy the forum - I think a new relaxed forum is a great idea and we can save the rest for being forced to be formal for fear of the unpredictable.

Most forums have a three strikes and you're out warning system so why this forum doesn't, God only knows... The mods do a great job and it's the best expat forum I have seen but it does need to be a bit nicer to it's long standing members - I'm sure Sunbelt wouldn't have a problem with that.

Here's a couple of text messages still in my mobile, sent by the chief at Farang Magazine regarding thaivisa.com...

WE TRIED TO INTERVIEW THEM AND THEY WERE RIGHT UP THEMSELVES.

I offered to contact George or the Doc to see if I could arrange an interview with them and get my foot further in the door of Farang Magazine and got this reply.

NAH THOSE BASTARDS BLEW THEIR CHANCE.

It's sad that all the negative criticism and WIDESPREAD reputation that thaivisa has of being an unfriendly site is not really down to the posters from the things I have heard over the past year or so.

In fact, I was occasionally reading the forum over a year before I joined because I was too afraid to become a member and post any enquiries.

I would like the forum to become a happier, more relaxed place and it would be nice to see George and The Doc becoming more, one of us like tukylieth and Chanchao... It wouldn't hurt and they wouldn't have to make any personal attachment, just relax and in tern they would enjoy themselves more - possibly.

George and Patrick, I am not slagging you both off, just making a suggestion after a lot of observation.

Despite hearing negative stuff about the way you guy's moderate, I have not heard anything bad from people who have actually met you and told me a little background about you guys... It's reassuring to know you're both human. :o

Regards,

Scampy

The reason i've been complaining a bit i suppose is because i thoroghly enjoy this forum, but through pm's and reading opinions some of the members (mainly long term) seem to be getting a bit fed up with the abrupt way they or thier posts are edited/ deleted or in some occasions banned.

I think maybe it's wrong to treat a long respected member the same as a troll who makes a couple of posts just to take the piss.

George, yes i've read and understand to rules, thanks for your reply, i just do not want to see the forum loose the great appeal that it has.

cheers

davethailand

I offered to contact George or the Doc to see if I could arrange an interview with them and get my foot further in the door of Farang Magazine and got this reply.

NAH THOSE BASTARDS BLEW THEIR CHANCE.

It's sad that all the negative criticism and WIDESPREAD reputation that thaivisa has of being an unfriendly site is not really down to the posters from the things I have heard over the past year or so.

I find these all interesting developments, neglecting customers and potential clients does not serve any business interests. This is clearly a weakness in the current strategy which usually will be exploited by competitors. Something has to change here.....

160 views this topic has had.

It is of little surprise also to see I have had zero response from George or The Doc from my post - you'd think they'd want to explain why they are or have to be the way they are or have to be.

I had the respect to type a diplomatic and honest post in a hope to make the forum a better place for all involved.

It just goes to show what little they think of 99% of their members and I take their ignorance as a spit in the face.

I had the respect to type a diplomatic and honest post in a hope to make the forum a better place for all involved.

It just goes to show what little they think of 99% of their members and I take their ignorance as a spit in the face.

They have said that they are going to get back to you, so why not give them some leeway?

They have often had to put up with you, as they have had to put up with me, at certain points in time when we were not on our best behavior, so why not show a little gratitude for past lenience.

It's pretty easy to see you are hooked on posting here, so don't burn your bridges.

By the way, Bluecat is over at The Bear-Pit, already upsetting the locals! :o

I am looking into the matter,

Maybe George needs some glasses? This would explain it all! An innocent solution to all the problems here! :o

This is by no means intended as discussing moderation issues, merely as health related advice. :D

They have said that they are going to get back to you, so why not give them some leeway?

You see, this is what I'm talking about... Instead of acknowledging me they're apparently discussing a way to 'get back at me'... Get back at me for what?

I am grateful for the leeway r.e. my alter ego and I have reacted badly because having no reply from my original post a bit further up has just made me paranoid after recent events.

I am grateful for the leeway r.e. my alter ego and I have reacted badly because having no reply from my original post a bit further up has just made me paranoid after recent events.

Hmmm this is highly interesting, this is apparently a member who expects a reply.

I'd suggest to ban him, this is outrageous. No moderation issues will be discussed here. Please look at the rules Gentleman. :o

Hmmm this is highly interesting, this is apparently a member who expects a reply.

I'd suggest to ban him, this is outrageous. No moderation issues will be discussed here. Please look at the rules Gentleman. :D

I've said my bit... I'll leave it at that to avoid getting into hot water, I don't want to give you and George cause to dislike me.

Where are you from Aussie? Adelaide par chance? :o

You're not thinking it's me in disguise are you Scampy? If so wrong, maybe Aussie will tell us where his domicile is, failing that the IP is a giveaway.

I'd suggest to ban him, this is outrageous. No moderation issues will be discussed here. Please look at the rules Gentleman.

Hmm Gentleman, I was a bit ironic here, it wouldn't cross my mind to ban people for asking for a reply.

And why that interest in where I am located? If my IP is a giveaway then that's it.

I am not the Doctor by the way, don't insult me please. :o

You see, this is what I'm talking about... Instead of acknowledging me they're apparently discussing a way to 'get back at me'... Get back at me for what?

Oh, get back to me...

It seems I jumped the gun a bit and read that line too fast yesterday.

R.e. Farang Magazine, they never told me what happened but I imagine that Doc or George said that being a forum for expats, they didn't want to be associated with the traveling/backpacker community - which is a fair point.

Still, I'd be interested to know.

When I come back to Bangkok after 2-3 days without having touched a computer, I check alphabetically for new posts of main contributors, rather than looking through 14 pages of new posts.

Naturally 'B' is high up in the alphabet. So it took me last night nearly one hour of searching with my 56 K modem/dial up, before finding out what happened, and still don't know what happened.

(davethailand @ Wed 2004-08-04, 14:41:12)

The reason i've been complaining a bit i suppose is because i thoroghly enjoy this forum, but through pm's and reading opinions some of the members (mainly long term) seem to be getting a bit fed up with the abrupt way they or thier posts are edited/ deleted or in some occasions banned.

I think maybe it's wrong to treat a long respected member the same as a troll who makes a couple of posts just to take the piss.

George, yes i've read and understand to rules, thanks for your reply, i just do not want to see the forum loose the great appeal that it has.

cheers

davethailand

Guess above summarizes all there is to say, except, Thai Visa Forum makes me feel young, like in old school days when the one or other student was sent to the corner, or, worse, sent home. Nobody knew why but we put our trust in the almighty teacher. :o
It's pretty easy to see you are hooked on posting here, so don't burn your bridges.

By the way, Bluecat is over at The Bear-Pit, already upsetting the locals! 

Georgie-Porgie: Above made me smile and strangely think of the USA. Weren't it the strongest and best who have been sent out of Europe and ended up in the States where they build a strong nation? Perhaps a few migrants more and the Bear Pit is getting strong. :D

Or was it Australia, founded on miscreants from all ways of life, albeit from one country, only?

Dave, in a community like this, like in any other community, there must be some rules. Our rules are published as "Forum guidelines". Have you read them? Do you understand why they are there?

Hi, George,

I understand, you have a somewhat difficult job..... it is not always easy to decide, what should be kept, what should be deleted, who should be banned, and so on.....

The critical point here as far as I can see, is missing INFORMATION about that....

There should be a thread within the support forum, where these information can be read by ALL members...

I remember, not long time ago, there was a similar discussion about that same topic.....

I myself, together with several other posters not related to me at all, was also banned for unknown reasons by an unknown administrator and received some days later a PM without any explication, that my posting rights are again restored.

Moderators agreed at that time to offer in any case INFORMATION why they decided to edit, delete, ban......

But it seems again that such INFORMATION is missing. Maybe you could do something to make the moderators actions more transparent for us all?