Long Neck Fake Village.

tayto

Looking further at the map west of MaeHongSon, I see at least 3: west of Nai Soi, at Khun Huai Dua, and at Nam Phiang Din. Is Long Necks a misnomer? Don't the sub tribes of Karen have colors, like Red Karen?

I notice that natives of MaeHongSon say all three syllables together quickly, like one word.

I'll try to find that map on ThaiVisa and post it.

Looking further at the map west of MaeHongSon, I see at least 3: west of Nai Soi, at Khun Huai Dua, and at Nam Phiang Din. Is Long Necks a misnomer? Don't the sub tribes of Karen have colors, like Red Karen?

Many hill-tribes get their sub-divisions named by costume color. This has some utility, but like low-land peoples, costume and accent (language characteristics) vary between areas (either mountain ranges or valleys). Costumes often represent specific villages!

As for the Karen, they are nither a "hill-tribe" nor really even a tribe. The only thing that unites them is their resistance to the Burmese.

Sure, Long-necks is a misnomer. Especially as many who use the same language (which is not "Karen") do not have long necks or neck rings...