Cambodia Visa

yes you get a visa on arrival no problem you need $20 us and 2 passport photos.

I went to Cambodia 2 weeks ago. And didn't need any passport photo. They just make a copy of the photo in your passport. At least at the airport.

Sent from my GT-I9152 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

and they charged u for it , correct?? $1-2 extra over the $20 visa fee

and its one photo not 2 needed

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yes you get a visa on arrival no problem you need $20 us and 2 passport photos.

I went to Cambodia 2 weeks ago. And didn't need any passport photo. They just make a copy of the photo in your passport. At least at the airport.

and they charged u for it , correct?? $1-2 extra over the $20 visa fee

and its one photo not 2 needed

They told me it should cost $1. But me and my friend paid the same. One had photo and the other didn't. I belive it should cost $1.

And it's the same when visiting Angkor Vat. Everywhere I read that you need photos when buying the 1,3 or 7 day ticket. You don't

• 2 weeks later...

Air Asia refuses to allow you to board their planes without a visa - I saw this happen in November to people travelling to Vietnam (regardless of the fact you can obtain visa on arrival, according to the VN website).

I am booked to fly BKK - PNH in a few weeks time so I enquired with Air Asia as to whether they would allow me to fly without a visa as I want to apply for a business visa upon arrival in PP but they would not give a definitive answer - only referred me to their standard blah blah terms and conditions - so helpful...

I then contacted the Cambodia Embassy in Bangkok who were very friendly and willing to help; they informed me I am not able to apply for the new 'Ordinary' visa upon arrival and I will need to submit my application in Bangkok. They are willing to return my passport within 3 hours and the price is $25.

Has anyone had any different experience with this?

To add a little warning to those not vigilant to the corrupt practices of Thais, when you visit the Thai embassy in PP DO NOT speak to the (Cambodian) security staff, nor anyone else outside but proceed directly inside and take a number. These cretins offer a 'special service' which can shorten the time from 4 days down to 2, but I spoke nicely with the woman dealing with my (Non-o) application and she shortened mine to 2 days anyway... Funny how Thailand exports its corruption - this was the only rip-off attempt I came across in my (very short) stay in PP...

You can fly with Air Asia without having a visa

Everyone can apply for an ordinary visa on arrival. The Cambodian embassy lied to you just so they could get your business.

• 4 months later...

Is the evisa for Cambodia service still in operation? I am having great difficulty connecting to the site.

Is it just as easy to get a tourist visa on arrival?

It depends. If you arrive by air it is the USD 20 for a tourist and USD 25 for ordinary (formerly business) visa. Bring a passport size photo or pay another 1-3 USD "fee."

At Poipet the visa on arrival is customarily USD 20 + 5 or USD 25+5 with no further hassles. Again dont forget the photo. You can make a stand and insist on the official fee though if you got some time to spend.

In other words, paying USD 25 at Poipet for tourist visa is cheaper than the evisa (all cost considered). HOWEVER, the evisa will safe you a whole passport page something many need to keep in mind.

For those who want to stay longer than 2 months in Cambodia, the evisa is not an option. Only ordinary visas can be extended for up to 1 year plus those days left on the original visa.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So, rates have gone up. What about new rates for extentions of business visas?

1. 3-month extension?

2. 6-month extension?

3. 1-year extension?

I just paid $157 for a 6-month business visa extension this week. Keep in mind only the 6-month and 12-month are multi-entry.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi the Cambodian e-visa site has not been working for at least 1 week. I was thinking to go to the embassy in Bangkok for a tourist visa (new fee $30), to avoid the hassle getting visa at the land border Hat Lek/Ko Kong. Anyone have recent experience doing this at the embassy? It seems a bit far out but also seems worth the hassle to avoid any hassle at the crossing. Thanks

Hi the Cambodian e-visa site has not been working for at least 1 week. I was thinking to go to the embassy in Bangkok for a tourist visa (new fee $30), to avoid the hassle getting visa at the land border Hat Lek/Ko Kong. Anyone have recent experience doing this at the embassy? It seems a bit far out but also seems worth the hassle to avoid any hassle at the crossing. Thanks

I sometimes wonder what people envision as the "hasssle" of getting a visa on arrival in Cambodia. As long as you go to the official immigration hut... there is no hassle. Pay them the exact money in USD and wait a few minutes... get visa and go. It is without a doubt the easiest most pain free process of all time. Going to an embassy to avoid the scary Khmer immigration officals is plain daft. It just won't repay you in time or even financial savings.

• 2 months later...

!2 month B-Visa 280 USD as of this past Friday.

Is the rate currently $280 for upgrading from a one month business visa to a 12 month business visa, multiple entry, at an agent? Any recommended agents in Phnom Penh that can do it cheaper?

Could I get the 12 month business visa, 1 week after entering with a 1 month business visa, or 3 or 4 days before the 1 month expires? Any time frame for upgrading?

You can upgrade visas anytime in the last month of that visa. Your new visa won't start until the old one expires... so don't leave the country in that first month. Or you'll still need another one. $285 is the going rate. $280 is very reasonable. You can do it yourself cheaper but it'll take days of begging and bribery to get it done and it's not worth the hassle.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 1 year later...

And a year later: Same place, same price.

The only detail that I believe is worth mentioning is this:

As I had an extension in the passport and was just extending it again, the lady did not mention the new extension types. Probably she thought that I want a 'business' extension. I had to tell that I wanted an ER (retirement) extension. I do not work in Cambodia and do not want to buy an expensive work permit.

In sum, business as usual but attention needs to be paid to details.

Yes, I meant to post about this - retirement visa extensions are now available. I asked what the requirements were and was told "none except old". How old? They said 60 but were not really sure. It seems no official directives have been issued. So if 50 - 60, could certainly give it a try. At the moment no fund requirements such as in Thailand and can do it at any of the usual agents.

I m in the 50+ and under 60 category.  As a reminder, possibly superfluous: Bring one passport-size photo.

It seems to me that the immigration people are very reasonable. Last year when the work permit issue came up, they were caught off guard. Since the ordinary visa extension could not work any longer as it had before, i.e. one single category, they simply created the retirement version for older, education for younger, and some others. Lucky motors did not show me the list, so I have no idea about all the different categories.

In this way, all ambiguities will be solved by September 2017 at the latest. Anyone with the ordinary visa extension without a work permit will be fair game. The others do not need to have it but if caught working or owning a business they will feel the pain.

In sum, this is all very reasonable and worries that we might be faced with Thai-style visa nightmares have so far proved to be wrong.

• 7 months later...

Siem Riep  bring your own umbrella airport was charging USD 32 for tourist visas. Still USD 35 for E visa but had to tell the guy 3 times after he had already thrown my passport along the bench.

Also posted price for motor taxi is $9. Just walk outside for $2.

• 3 weeks later...

I have no idea if you can change from TR visa to "ordinary" visa in country, maybe someone who knows more can reply ?

If you go to Cambodia, next time don't ask for a tourist visa but ask for an ordinary visa which you can extend. After you got it and you have arrived at your destination then search for an agent who can send it for you to PP to extend it for 1 year. Cost approx 280++ USD (and don't forget the agents fee). Turn around is approx 4-5 days.

AFAIK it can't be done, you need to leave the country and return on an ordinary visa then get the one year extension for retirement.

Cost for one year extension is around $280-$290. No special requirement just passport and passport photo. Lucky Moto can do it for you and are reliable.

Archived