Update re business visas:

Cambodia now enforces its requirement that people working here have a work permit.  You can get an initial extension of stay on a business visa without a work permit (in order to give people time to look for work) but for subsequent extensions need to show a work permit.

So no longer as easy for long term stay as before.

If you are over 50/55 (conflicting info as to which) then you can get an extension of stay for retirement (ER visa) and that is currently quiet easy. Those under this age and not employed will find long stays more difficult.

There is not currently a category for extension based on marriage.

For both business and retirement extension need to enter on an E visa (NOT tourist visa) first.

• Like 1
  • 1 year later...
  • Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I sometimes wonder what people envision as the "hasssle" of getting a visa on arrival in Cambodia. As long as you go to the official immigration hut... there is no hassle. Pay them the exact money in

Inserted below is a link to the Cambodian E Visa Site. Online applications for Cambodian Visa can be done from this page. This is for a Single Entry Tourist Visa. This site also contain

AFAIK it can't be done, you need to leave the country and return on an ordinary visa then get the one year extension for retirement.   Cost for one year extension is around $280-$290. No spe

We're thinking of going to Cambodia for a vacation when grandson is outta school in the spring. We'd like to drive our Thai car there and back, and we'd want to bring our two dogs there and back. Vet certificates to and fro I guess would be necessary if we could bring them. My grandson and wife are Thai (although she also has an American citizenship) Does grandson son need a passport? he'd be 11 then. Where would be the best crossing points in the south as we'd wanna go stay at a beach, to stay away from the smog. And of course a good b uncrowded beach area. thanks

Go thru the Khlong Yai crossing in Trat. Expect to pay some services charges on the Cambodian side. The road in Cambodia runs down to Koh Kong town. You will get to a four way crossing with a structure in the middle of the road after about 10 minutes. You turn left here for Koh Kong town but if you go straight you will get to some uncrowded beaches, one has a restaurant and very basic accommodation. Maybe better to stay in town.

Thais get a 4 week visa. Son needs a passport.

On ‎7‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 10:04 PM, my friend I said:

Go thru the Khlong Yai crossing in Trat. Expect to pay some services charges on the Cambodian side. The road in Cambodia runs down to Koh Kong town. You will get to a four way crossing with a structure in the middle of the road after about 10 minutes. You turn left here for Koh Kong town but if you go straight you will get to some uncrowded beaches, one has a restaurant and very basic accommodation. Maybe better to stay in town.

Ty for info. Grandson is Thai

Sorry I read it as son. Grandson needs a passport otherwise you could have problems going back.

Be careful as you go thru the no mans land between the border posts. There are a lot of potholes and overloaded push carts.

On 7/31/2019 at 9:04 AM, my friend I said:

Crossing at Hat Lek/koh kong you will be asked how long you stay an it cost ya 100 baht /day. Sometimes you need leave ur thai export document, sometimes ur blue book. You will be told you can only drive in koh kong province and u will be issued a red plastic plate to put on ur dash, I have driven all over Cambodia entering there. Roads are VERY Bad
EVERYONE needs passport, Thai's get 14 days visa free exempt entry, everyone else $30 for 30 days.
DONT drive in Shinoukville unless you want be stopped an made pay a fine

IF ur gong to Cambodia for the beach, i suggest, DONT > better value for ur money in Thailand, consider Koh Chang instead!!

Edited by phuketrichard