• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I sometimes wonder what people envision as the "hasssle" of getting a visa on arrival in Cambodia. As long as you go to the official immigration hut... there is no hassle. Pay them the exact money in

Inserted below is a link to the Cambodian E Visa Site. Online applications for Cambodian Visa can be done from this page. This is for a Single Entry Tourist Visa. This site also contain

AFAIK it can't be done, you need to leave the country and return on an ordinary visa then get the one year extension for retirement.   Cost for one year extension is around $280-$290. No spe

• 7 months later...

Still a little unclear for me, can I get a visa on arrival at PP airport when arriving from Thailand? I am finnish citizen and my other half is British. Only going to Cambodia for a week's holiday. Flying in but travelling out overlands. E-visa out of question.

Why would the e-visa be out of question? I always make an e-visa now:

1. I don't have to wait in line at the "visa on arrival" counter but can go right through to the immigration counter. Saving me 20 minutes or so in idle waiting time.

2. I don't get a full-page sticker in the passport, as others have mentioned.

Last month I entered Cambodia via Poi Pet and exited via the Cambodian-Vietnamese land border. No problem with the e-visa.

Of course, you can also get a visa at the Cambodian embassy in advance, saving you the waiting time for getting a "visa on arrival". Doing it on the internet at home on a lazy Sunday seems to be easier for me than driving to the embassy, standing in line, etc.

• 1 month later...
Have you had good experience with E Visa Aussie? I personally haven't tried them. Isn't it just as easy to get a visa on arrival?

I would imagine its no easier as your still going to have to have it converted to sticker for passport at immigration anyway. And knowing the border crossings there will be maybe an unofficial "convert to sticker" fee. Can't see the point in it myself.

There is no convert to sticker.

NB

• 1 month later...

I am flying to Phnom Phen with my son who holds a Thai Passport. While I know that I won't have any problem clearing Cambodian immigrations, I am not so sure about whether they will give my son a hard time. I have tried contacting the Royal Cambodian Embassy by Phone (new number) and by email. No success. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Do thai citizens need a visa / have to pay for visa on arrival for Kampuchea?

I have read both yes and no in TV.

Anyone with recent experience?

Thanks.

Yes.

eeuuuhhhhh

1. delta airlines visa site says thai do not need a visa for up to 2 weeks....

but i do not know if that information is recent - and it is not clear to me whether thai have to pay for a visa exemption on arrival

2. if thai need a visa / visa on arrival, could that be an e visa?

Unfortunately, i can not find the website of the Kampuchean embassy in BKK, sites with tourist information only talk about westerners, and the Kampuchea foreign affairs site (with info on e visa) is out.

I am in Canbodia with Thai national at present. For 14 day stay Thai national proceeds directly to immigration and no fee is required but this cannot be extended. If longer stay is planned then secure a visa prior to travel which allows 60 days stay.

Enjoy

I am in Canbodia with Thai national at present. For 14 day stay Thai national proceeds directly to immigration and no fee is required but this cannot be extended. If longer stay is planned then secure a visa prior to travel which allows 60 days stay.

Enjoy

thanks for the information!

Enjoy

thanks for the information!

This was flying into Phnom Penh 10 days ago. No idea if land crossing differ.

Thoroughly enjoyed this my first trip here and absolutely guarantee Ill wander this way again.

Thank you for reply. This makes me sleep better.

Enjoy

hey everyone

can anyone tell me

whether now go to cambodia by bus is still possible?

i planned to go to cambodia over land this week

but i heard the boarder were closed?

so only option is to fly???

Boarder is open. Go

hey everyone

can anyone tell me

whether now go to cambodia by bus is still possible?

i planned to go to cambodia over land this week

but i heard the boarder were closed?

so only option is to fly???

Boarder is open. Go

Thank you so much,

so i can take a normal route to boarder, cross the boarder, then hire a taxi to siam riep?

what about the safety issue?

is it safe to travel now?

is there still tourists or visa run people around?

assuming there must still be troops there?

just came back to thailand from oversea, so don't know the situation much