Tourist visa:

• Appropriate visa fee - $USD20
  • Demonstrate that they have sufficient funds for their stay
  • A return or onward ticket or evidence of an onward journey

Chong Chom Border Crossing 1000 baht or more.

Not if you stand there with a $20 bill, a sickly smile and an air of determination to stand there until they put the green sticker in your passport.

Just talked to an individual and saw the passport, he just paid 1100 baht for a Cambodia Visa at Chong Chom.

I have paid $20 on a number of occasions.

If you really want to give tea money, make it $5 - 750 Baht is a lot better than 1100 Baht.

ONLY use Dollars and as, a previous poster suggested, just say "Mai mi Baht"

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I sometimes wonder what people envision as the "hasssle" of getting a visa on arrival in Cambodia. As long as you go to the official immigration hut... there is no hassle. Pay them the exact money in

Inserted below is a link to the Cambodian E Visa Site. Online applications for Cambodian Visa can be done from this page. This is for a Single Entry Tourist Visa. This site also contain

AFAIK it can't be done, you need to leave the country and return on an ordinary visa then get the one year extension for retirement.   Cost for one year extension is around $280-$290. No spe

Tourist visa:

• Appropriate visa fee - $USD20
  • Demonstrate that they have sufficient funds for their stay
  • A return or onward ticket or evidence of an onward journey

Chong Chom Border Crossing 1000 baht or more.

Not if you stand there with a $20 bill, a sickly smile and an air of determination to stand there until they put the green sticker in your passport.

Just talked to an individual and saw the passport, he just paid 1100 baht for a Cambodia Visa at Chong Chom.

Unfortunately some people don't know the correct price and are afraid to stand up for their rights, therefore they get ripped off by corrupt immigration officials. The more people continue to pay the incorrect fees, the more this practice of corruption will continue. Did he receive a receipt, and did it state a payment received of 1100baht? I doubt that it did, because the official rates, as I posted above are current and correct. Also, are you saying that the price he paid for his visa was written on his visa or passport? If so, that is not normal procedure.

• Like 1

Two more gentlemen just back from Chong Chom, 1000 baht for visa and u-turn was 300 baht.

I think you are fair game on a border run like this.

Whilst not 100% fair, the Cambodian visa/immigration officers are taking the opportunity to "make a business out of it" (their words to me).

At the end of the day the visa runner is hardly leaving the country and is, arguably, abusing the visa by not actually going anywhere.

I was with a few people at the immigration window and one of the guys was asked "Are you returning to Thailand?" - he said yes, meaning after his trip to Siem Reap. They promptly charged him 300 Baht and stamped him in and out !

They did apologise, and refunded 300 Baht, after the error was pointed out to them.

Two more gentlemen just back from Chong Chom, 1000 baht for visa and u-turn was 300 baht.

I think you are fair game on a border run like this.

Whilst not 100% fair, the Cambodian visa/immigration officers are taking the opportunity to "make a business out of it" (their words to me).

At the end of the day the visa runner is hardly leaving the country and is, arguably, abusing the visa by not actually going anywhere.

I was with a few people at the immigration window and one of the guys was asked "Are you returning to Thailand?" - he said yes, meaning after his trip to Siem Reap. They promptly charged him 300 Baht and stamped him in and out !

They did apologise, and refunded 300 Baht, after the error was pointed out to them.

They still charge you 300 baht just 500 meters down the road by O'Smach at the arch as your leaving for Siem Reap. The 1000 baht visa will be leveled you even when your going to PP or SR.

Edited by khwaibah

Just something i noticed in the revolving ad that sometimes shows up,at the bottom, (at least on my computer) they are offering the Cambodia Evisa . BUT it is NOT the official one and they charge u more than double the official price of $28

This is the Official site, http://evisa.mfaic.gov.kh/

It is in the ad served by google

Edited by phuketrichard

Just something i noticed in the revolving ad that sometimes shows up,at the bottom, (at least on my computer) they are offering the Cambodia Evisa . BUT it is NOT the official one and they charge u more than double the official price of $28

Sae add on mine..Its a rip..Cant use it at Chong Chom anyway.

You can - for coming home.smile.png

You can - for coming home.smile.png

If and when they do allow an e-visa at Chong Chom for ENTRY then the scam is over..

• 2 months later...

yes you get a visa on arrival no problem you need $20 us and 2 passport photos.

I went to Cambodia 2 weeks ago. And didn't need any passport photo. They just make a copy of the photo in your passport. At least at the airport.

Sent from my GT-I9152 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by larsjohnsson

Air Asia refuses to allow you to board their planes without a visa - I saw this happen in November to people travelling to Vietnam (regardless of the fact you can obtain visa on arrival, according to the VN website).

I am booked to fly BKK - PNH in a few weeks time so I enquired with Air Asia as to whether they would allow me to fly without a visa as I want to apply for a business visa upon arrival in PP but they would not give a definitive answer - only referred me to their standard blah blah terms and conditions - so helpful...

I then contacted the Cambodia Embassy in Bangkok who were very friendly and willing to help; they informed me I am not able to apply for the new 'Ordinary' visa upon arrival and I will need to submit my application in Bangkok. They are willing to return my passport within 3 hours and the price is $25.

Has anyone had any different experience with this?

To add a little warning to those not vigilant to the corrupt practices of Thais, when you visit the Thai embassy in PP DO NOT speak to the (Cambodian) security staff, nor anyone else outside but proceed directly inside and take a number. These cretins offer a 'special service' which can shorten the time from 4 days down to 2, but I spoke nicely with the woman dealing with my (Non-o) application and she shortened mine to 2 days anyway... Funny how Thailand exports its corruption - this was the only rip-off attempt I came across in my (very short) stay in PP...

You can fly with Air Asia without having a visa

Sent from my GT-I9152 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app