Deutsche Leberwurst - German Liverwurst

JohnBKKK

Hi all,

have just finisheda batch of German Liver sausage for a customer and made some more. Tomorrow, Saturday we shall be placing them into our shelf in Villa one with the sausages and cold cuts and the one in the jar with importet Pate's on the other side - the one in the jar is pasturised and will last for months in cool conditions when un-opened - when opened it should be used within 2-4 days - the other comes in a vacuum pack and has a shelf life of 4 weeks un-opened

For Dr. Naam and who else is interested a picture

post-30681-1191569370_thumb.jpg

and it tastes as good as it looks :o

Edited by JohnBKKK

Why not Phuket :o:D :D

Gerd

Does TOPS in Central have some of your products???

logo_fleischerfachgeschaeft.gif

Hi Gerd,

afraid we are not selling through TOP'S am working on some deal for Phuket that may make our product available there pretty soon,

John

I gave up pork about 6 months ago. ######! Thanks for reminding me of yet another tasty treat I won't ever be eating again. Until I quit pork, I never realized how many things I love to eat are made from it.

Hi,

hmmm sorry about that :o but one question why give up pork?? pork fat is actually lower in cl than chicken or beef fat

and even someone suffering from gaut can eat pork because uric acid level is also v low ...... unless one has become a vegeterian or :D converted to islam - pork is highly nutricous and :D tasty

Yeah I eat more pork than any other meat. You can grill it to remove a lot of of the fat. Giving it up wouldn't be an option, I'm addicted to bacon.

I like liverwurst too but can't see myself making a special trip from Chiang Rai to get it. Chiang Mai wouldn't be too far though if you could do a deal with someone like Carrefour.

Edited by sceadugenga

I gave up pork about 6 months ago. ######! Thanks for reminding me of yet another tasty treat I won't ever be eating again. Until I quit pork, I never realized how many things I love to eat are made from it.

Hi,

hmmm sorry about that :o but one question why give up pork?? pork fat is actually lower in cl than chicken or beef fat

and even someone suffering from gaut can eat pork because uric acid level is also v low ...... unless one has become a vegeterian or :D converted to islam - pork is highly nutricous and :D tasty

Oh, I love the taste of it, but I had to quit. I just couldn't look at one more truck crammed with pigs with legs trapped and in "squeeze boxes". A pigs life here in Thailand is suffering from it's first day to it's last. I just didn't want to be a part of that. Cows and chickens seem to have a pretty nice life, till they meet their fate.

• Like 1

Hi,

Oh, I love the taste of it, but I had to quit. I just couldn't look at one more truck crammed with pigs with legs trapped and in "squeeze boxes". A pigs life here in Thailand is suffering from it's first day to it's last. I just didn't want to be a part of that. Cows and chickens seem to have a pretty nice life, till they meet their fate.

The trouble with free range pork is it keeps running away. They're smart enough to see that the life of leisure and free food isn't all it's cracked up to be.

Hi,

The trouble with free range pork is it keeps running away. They're smart enough to see that the life of leisure and free food isn't all it's cracked up to be.

Also, the other thing is, I've got a pig, the "Empress of Mae Ann". She's gonna die of old age, and already I think she's the oldest and biggest pig in Thailand. I can't see raisng this pig, just to eat another. Oh, BTW, she loves "free ranging" and accompanies me and my dog on walks in the mountains. A most excellent companion.

• Like 1

Hi,

Also, the other thing is, I've got a pig, the "Empress of Mae Ann". She's gonna die of old age, and already I think she's the oldest and biggest pig in Thailand. I can't see raisng this pig, just to eat another. Oh, BTW, she loves "free ranging" and accompanies me and my dog on walks in the mountains. A most excellent companion.

I once had an affair with a Filipina dancer named May Ann. Also a most excellent companion. A remarkable coincidence. :D

Hi,

well - I have to admit I'm a chef and not a butcher - if I had to kill any animal to create sausages or food, well we'd be talking about those great mushroom & aubergine sausages :D we do get orders for bugs bunny terrines and when I made a joke and told my kitchen staff that I had ordered 12 life bunnies for the next day you should have seen their faces :D

when they arrived they were the frozen version and all was fine .... they didn't look qute anymore - the only other time I've seen them making faces like that was when I accepted my first and last order for Haggis and we had 24 windpipes hanging out of a huge pot with all the other intestines biling away inside and some strange and very smelly stuff oozing out of them ... usually when making some new dish they all que up to taste - when the Haggis was done I found myself alone in the cooking section....

To get back to sausages and Liverwurst - its not like in a seafood restaurant where you choose a life fish or lobster out of a tank - the animal in our case was dead already and not killed because you wanted to eat Liverwurst - one or even thousands of people not eating pork anymore would't make the slightest difference in the market - thais and chinese devour millions of tons a year in Thailand alone and things in the way animals are kept will change over time - 20 years ago here, noone would have believed that there would be pet hotels and so many vets here ever - dogs were kept while they were puppies and qute and whe they were not so qute anymore got the boot - this has changed to a large degree -

And I must admit I do look forward to a German Broetchen with my liverwurst for breakfast tomorow morning :-)

Edited by JohnBKKK

Hmmmmm .... why would that be??? I thought this is a food forum and people ask where can I get this or that ...... I thought I pass on some useful information here and not only about my products, but also other items as well as recepies - as I said before, this is not my main business and the stuff sells anyway - I'm sorry if I have offended anyone by showing western food products and where one can get them in the forum - this was my last post - you do not have to threaten with reporting me to any mod whatever because I do not give a hoot - was just trying to pass on information - even took time to take pictures because people asked for them

Edited by JohnBKKK

hey John! put on your reading glasses to see Gerd's smiley :o

second that, guess Gerd was ironical meaning he is drizzling saliva all over his keyboard seeing those delicous

products and is far from getting them

guess it was a joke

all your input John is highly appreciated and welcome :D:D:D:D:bah:

Hello JohnBkk -- I think I was the one who first asked the question as to whether you were telling people where to get these items, or, were you in fact making them yourself as the 'EuroGourmet' -- I think it is perfectly OK for you to tell people where and when these limited retail products are available -- as you say, selling a few overruns at Villa or wherever is just a sideline from your 5-star hotel/restaurant trade...

This is however a forum -- and many of us up-country folks will rarely, if ever, have the chance to buy these delicacies -- so if you keep on passing, as you have, tidbits of advice as to ingredients, techniques, and quasi-secrets, then you are a 'true' forum member and no one should take issue that you pass on info that a few of your specialties are available for sale, where, and at what price ...

and I doubt that many people realize that specialty items at these stores are based on consignment and that YOU are resposible for... in the USA they even have 'slotting fees' for new or short run items

Hi,

hmmm may be I have overlooked the smiley ....... my idea is simply to let people know what's available .. there are actually times I wish the items would sell slower so we wouldn't have to re-stock so often some of the reactions here of folks wo do live up-country and would like to get their hands .. or to be more precise lipps onto some of our products have made me think about expanding our retail business which is really very small right now - only in three Villas - our new, much larger production facsillity will be ready by the end of the month (yesterday I had to explain to the Thai bricky that although continous mortar lines from floor to the 8 meter high ceiling may look nice, I rather he would off-set the bricks - and I will look into some sort of possibillty of a deal with a small delli in the North like Chiang Mai. We will have our products in the new Villa in Pattaya some time within the next 2 weeks - they called me Thursday and wanted stock for Today as well as my staff making a presentation - my answer was rather ehem ..inpolite since 2 days notice is just a wee bit too short. But I recon by the end of next week we will be in.

Phuket is currently under negotiation and may start by the end of this month....

As far as sharing techniques etc is concerned, check under Gravy Wars :o and Goulash and any other subject that deals with food prep techniques I'm glad to pass on some tips -

Edited by JohnBKKK

:D

John,

I meant this as a joke, sorry when you did not see my smiley!!!!!!

I love ur products and comments and glad to see another chef here!!!!!

I did not want to start a leberwurst war( LWW1 ).

:D Gerd

:o:bah::D:D

ok ok lol no problema - I do need some new glasses

Edited by JohnBKKK

And I must admit I do look forward to a German Broetchen with my liverwurst for breakfast tomorow morning :-)

where i can get Brötchen, genuine Brötchen?

in Phuket i.e. :o

In Bangkok I believe Bei Otto on Sukhumvit soi 20 (or was it 18). Central Food Hall at Chidlom also has a big assortment of breads. With many German varieties. I guess their quality is reasonable when judged at the amount of expats buying. There are many hotels that have bakeries selling breads as well. Just look around. Bangkok is a huge city and it is amazing what is here once you start looking.

hmmmmm must make note to start writing down breads as well when doing my tours of shops.

Waerth

Edited by WAERTH