Deutsche Leberwurst - German Liverwurst

JohnBKKK

Thaigerd .. they look great ... the important thing is to get fresh ones and not once that were frozen and than defrosted for sale - especially if you want to freeze them yourself - twice frozen they either turn to chewy rubber or if re-heated the crust will be like sharp knifes in your mouth - but if you get fesh ones there is nothing better - you might want to try the bakery shop at Foodland - their head baker is Swiss and their Broetchen seem to move fast enough for them not to need to freeze them- Baguette when well done and fresh would be a replacement ... there used to be a Vietnamese chap selling freshly baked baguette just off Chalong circle in Phuket- no idea if he is still there left Phuket some 5 years ago

Working in our bakery is a hobby of mine.

Have a (German) friend in BKK he's a master baker and has his own little factory.

He does the frozen dough for all kind of breads, croissants, broetchen etc., very good quality.

He delivers all over Thailand and not expensive.

If interested pm me for his email address or mobile number or I could send you his product list.

He has been 7 years the chef baker in Foodland.

Gerd

Thaigerd .. they look great ... the important thing is to get fresh ones and not once that were frozen and than defrosted for sale - especially if you want to freeze them yourself - twice frozen they either turn to chewy rubber or if re-heated the crust will be like sharp knifes in your mouth - but if you get fesh ones there is nothing better - you might want to try the bakery shop at Foodland - their head baker is Swiss and their Broetchen seem to move fast enough for them not to need to freeze them- Baguette when well done and fresh would be a replacement ... there used to be a Vietnamese chap selling freshly baked baguette just off Chalong circle in Phuket- no idea if he is still there left Phuket some 5 years ago

John, I think this one does not exist anymore.

But there's another one with a great quality: "Bastogne Bakery"on Chao Fa Road, not cheap but always fresh and perfect quality.

Gerd

But there's another one with a great quality: "Bastogne Bakery"on Chao Fa Road, not cheap but always fresh and perfect quality.

Gerd

would that be the one opposite from where the Belgium Butcher used to be who got nicked for having someone knocked off? :D - I used to live ob Chao fa Road and used to go to the bakery for coffee sometimes and used to buy fillet of beef to make steak tartar which we used to eat at Klaus & Mouse just off Chalong Circle - seems ancient but fun days now - Klaus I heardis back in germany and the Belgium Butcher in the Nick ..... :o

Gerd

would that be the one opposite from where the Belgium Butcher used to be who got nicked for having someone knocked off? :D - I used to live ob Chao fa Road and used to go to the bakery for coffee sometimes and used to buy fillet of beef to make steak tartar which we used to eat at Klaus & Mouse just off Chalong Circle - seems ancient but fun days now - Klaus I heardis back in germany and the Belgium Butcher in the Nick ..... :o

It's opposite Chalong temple.

ahh, okay.

you talking so much about food, didn't thought that what central chidlom or foodland has to offer is good enough for you. or that you try to sell me you defrozen dough as brötchen. it's worse then bisto for gravy or pizza hut for pizza.

far away from being a classical genuine german brötchen or bread in a traditional way.

maybe the brötchens in foodland or like in thaigerd picture above are somewhat what you you now get in some fastfood or discount 'bakery' shops. just industrial prepared frozen stuff. yes factory bread, but not the real baker style. sad that these kind of brötchen now havenearly taken over in germany and it is hard to find a traditional style brötchen even in germany. also small bakery shops now using ready mix "flour" from a factory instead of using their own yeast and sourdough. result everything taste the same.

and for the bread, schwarzbrot and alike, what they call in childlom or foodland 'german bread' is much more far away. okay these kind of 'brötchens' you find find also in germany, but you wouldn't get away with calling that 'german bread'. it is not, even the most cheapest or industrial style prepared supermarket bread is many times better then the bakery shops here in bangkok i know. it's just ready bread mix with food colouring adulterate stuff, maybe looks good on a picture but thats all.

and it's more easy to get a decent leberwurst than a decent brötchen. the latter is a big issue, just compare the lenght of the entries for brötchen and leberwurst in the german wikipedia to get an idea what other people think how important it is.

i know bangkok is a big city, maybe there is a shop where i can get the real thing, but don't send me to pizza hut for pizza.

@JohnBKKK

can i find you stuff also at villa in suk 11? had there once some thuringer bratwurst, really good, better then other in bangkok. but they sell at villa not all the time.

maybe it was a eurogourmet product, not sure. i bought it from the counter and it was not prepacked. you can have good butcher and sausages products in bangkok but when i comes to bratwurst i am a bit picky. but i am only once every 2 month in the mood for bratwurst, so i always forget was the last one good or not (mostly not) and who was the producer. but the one from villa was very good.

will have a try of your goulash as well, only on villa suk 33? never been there. are the other villas on lang suan or suk 11 the same company?

Hi Gerd,

well I guess since I was last in Phuket 5 years ago a lot must have changed

To our disorderly friend - there was some of our products in Soi 11 when they just opened but I did not supply that one any further - All Villas are the same company - we supply the one near Soi 33 with most of our products - soi 49 just a little - Tong Low with a slightly larger range than 49 and that's it - as I said before, I do not have the staff to supply a lot of markets since this is only a sideline of our main, wholesale business.

Broetchen - the dough is not exactly hi end baking - a good strong flour yeast and water and salt for normal German Broetchen and I don't think that any Hotel Bakery would use frozen dough, besides frozen dough for Broetchen is as far as I know not available wholesale - frozen Puff pastry however is and we use the one from Foodland for our sausage rolls -its not the cheapest but very good-

Sourdoughbroetchen are even rare in Germany unless you have a really well stocked bakery - I find Gerds selection very good for Thailand considering they do make the effort of making them with Poppy seeds (my favorite) and other toppings - freshnes is of the utmost importance

Schwarzbrot - now this is a different ballgame - what is called Schwarzbrot here is what one would find in the US as Schwarzbrot (unless one happens to be in 88th Street in New York where you can get the real stuff) - real Schwarzbrot is however not that difficult to make if you have wholeweed flower + Rye+ whole Grain seeds and some Sauerdow (easy toi make) - you can add some sunflower seeds as well - but I guess Gerd is working in a Hotel kitchen where Broetchen are served for Breakfast and not too many people would ask for Schwarzbrot for Breakfast -

Having said that, there was a time when one could buy imported bread in a clear pack from germany and they had Schwarzbrot and even Pumpernickel - quite expensive and they have disappeared - or at least I haven't seen them around anymore for a while

BY the way,if you want to appeal to the Thai Market, you better make Milchbroetchen - a crust on abread seems totally alien to them - made Krustenbrot for myself the other day ( three times back in the Oven - sprayed it with cold water etc) and it was great - my staff when given some with some Liverwurst chewed away at the center very happily but left the best part - the crust on the plates .... keng keng :o

Edited by JohnBKKK

:o tried this really exeptional Leberwurst/ Liverwurst in Bkk

never eaten such a good one in my life. Really tastes of Liver !

Simply the BEST !! :D

Congrats to the OP ! Do you do Blutwurst and Teewurst and Mettwurst as well ?????

Seppl :D:D

Hello ,

Yes sepp104........ cheese made in Holland very nice , with some mustard ha ha ha but must be German mustard they are good at something .ha ha ha ha .

:D

Hi kangeroo .... you seem to have your food related geography slightly out of line :o ... Holland a country bordering with germany about the size of the average australian sheep farm :D - is famous for Gauda and Emmental cheese - it is not noted as being famous for its sausages ... Germany is sausage, haxen & beer country - france wine and ###### good cognac as well as excellent food -

Hello ,

Yes sepp104........ cheese made in Holland very nice , with some mustard ha ha ha but must be German mustard they are good at something .ha ha ha ha .

Hi kangeroo .... you seem to have your food related geography slightly out of line :o ... Holland a country bordering with germany about the size of the average australian sheep farm :D - is famous for Gauda and Emmental cheese - it is not noted as being famous for its sausages ... Germany is sausage, haxen & beer country - france wine and ###### good cognac as well as excellent food -

Dear John :D

Us Dutchies we make fine Cheese .... Gouda, Edam and many more ..... but not Emmenthal .... that is from die Schweiz. We do make some very fine smoked sausages ... you can even buy them in Hong Kong .. not in LOS. We are not famous for these, but I would kill for them :D And beer .... now we do make fine ones. We export the worst (Heineken) and keep the better ones for ourselves. As for beers, more than German ones I would like to point to the Belgian ones. And one particular pilsner from Luxemburg that I fell in love with on my frequent holidays in that beautifull country Bofferding! Oh what would I do taste some Bofferding again ..... Now Germany I know very well for one thing .... the Loveparade in Berlin. I went there multiple times in the 90's before I moved over here. I had a great great time then!

Waerth

Hello ,

Hi kangeroo .... you seem to have your food related geography slightly out of line :o ... Holland a country bordering with germany about the size of the average australian sheep farm :o - is famous for Gauda and Emmental cheese - it is not noted as being famous for its sausages ... Germany is sausage, haxen & beer country - france wine and ###### good cognac as well as excellent food -

Dear John :D

Us Dutchies we make fine Cheese .... Gouda, Edam and many more ..... but not Emmenthal .... that is from die Schweiz. We do make some very fine smoked sausages ... you can even buy them in Hong Kong .. not in LOS. We are not famous for these, but I would kill for them :bah: And beer .... now we do make fine ones. We export the worst (Heineken) and keep the better ones for ourselves. As for beers, more than German ones I would like to point to the Belgian ones. And one particular pilsner from Luxemburg that I fell in love with on my frequent holidays in that beautifull country Bofferding! Oh what would I do taste some Bofferding again ..... Now Germany I know very well for one thing .... the Loveparade in Berlin. I went there multiple times in the 90's before I moved over here. I had a great great time then!

Waerth

Hi Waerth,

thank you for the correction .. of course its Edam :D and not Emmenthal and your sausage may be great (have not tried it myself) but Germany is the Wurst und Aufschnitt land :D as far as Beer is concerned there are a lot of Microbreweries every where these days making some good beer - but I was speaking geogrphically and Germany is the land of Beer with got knows how many different brews - in my humble oppinion there is no better brew than a real Pilsner from the tap which takes about 10 minutes to make so the one in the know orders 2 - once they come he orders another - the first one for thirst the second to enjoy and than the third one is ready ... and so on.... there simply is nothing to come even close here :bah: now as to the Loveparade ... I have to pass - sounds interesting but never been to Berlin and have not a clue -

Now one thing out of ... I think its Holland or Belgium are the croquettes - based on a roux with either chicken - beef - mushrooms etc... I make those quite often for my customers functions - they are delicious ... well mine are ;)

Edited by JohnBKKK

Hi Waerth,

thank you for the correction .. of course its Edam :o and not Emmenthal and your sausage may be great (have not tried it myself) but Germany is the Wurst und Aufschnitt land :D as far as Beer is concerned there are a lot of Microbreweries every where these days making some good beer - but I was speaking geogrphically and Germany is the land of Beer with got knows how many different brews - in my humble oppinion there is no better brew than a real Pilsner from the tap which takes about 10 minutes to make so the one in the know orders 2 - once they come he orders another - the first one for thirst the second to enjoy and than the third one is ready ... and so on.... there simply is nothing to come even close here :D now as to the Loveparade ... I have to pass - sounds interesting but never been to Berlin and have not a clue -

Now one thing out of ... I think its Holland or Belgium are the croquettes - based on a roux with either chicken - beef - mushrooms etc... I make those quite often for my customers functions - they are delicious ... well mine are :D

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh kroketten, Frikandellen (Dutch one, not the german: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frikandel) and Bitterballen. How I do miss them. Back when the Old Dutch was still owned by Henk you could eat decent ones there. Since it is the old Brit they are ...... :D . There are over 10 places in Pattaya selling them but never get around to going there. It is strange they are nowhere for sale in Bangkok! With so many Dutchman around.

Waerth

gerade auch im Deutsch: http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frikandel

Edited by WAERTH

Hi Waerth,

thank you for the correction .. of course its Edam :o and not Emmenthal and your sausage may be great (have not tried it myself) but Germany is the Wurst und Aufschnitt land :D as far as Beer is concerned there are a lot of Microbreweries every where these days making some good beer - but I was speaking geogrphically and Germany is the land of Beer with got knows how many different brews - in my humble oppinion there is no better brew than a real Pilsner from the tap which takes about 10 minutes to make so the one in the know orders 2 - once they come he orders another - the first one for thirst the second to enjoy and than the third one is ready ... and so on.... there simply is nothing to come even close here :D now as to the Loveparade ... I have to pass - sounds interesting but never been to Berlin and have not a clue -

Now one thing out of ... I think its Holland or Belgium are the croquettes - based on a roux with either chicken - beef - mushrooms etc... I make those quite often for my customers functions - they are delicious ... well mine are :D

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh kroketten, Frikandellen (Dutch one, not the german: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frikandel) and Bitterballen. How I do miss them. Back when the Old Dutch was still owned by Henk you could eat decent ones there. Since it is the old Brit they are ...... :D . There are over 10 places in Pattaya selling them but never get around to going there. It is strange they are nowhere for sale in Bangkok! With so many Dutchman around.

Waerth

gerade auch im Deutsch: http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frikandel

hmmmmm .... I think those are two different things - frikandel or dutch frikadellen I know and sometimes they are ordered by a customer for a funktion - more often though I get orders for croquetten - which are not based on potatoe but on a roux which is made with flower and oil and than one adds stock and meat or shrimp and fish or mushrooms - forms the croquettes - dips them in eggwash - breadcrumbs and deepfry's them - we deepfry them only to a light beige color than freeze and vacuum pack them - ready for final deepfrying at the customers premisses

hmmmmm .... I think those are two different things - frikandel or dutch frikadellen I know and sometimes they are ordered by a customer for a funktion - more often though I get orders for croquetten - which are not based on potatoe but on a roux which is made with flower and oil and than one adds stock and meat or shrimp and fish or mushrooms - forms the croquettes - dips them in eggwash - breadcrumbs and deepfry's them - we deepfry them only to a light beige color than freeze and vacuum pack them - ready for final deepfrying at the customers premisses

I know the difference yes. The german one is Frikadelle and the Dutch one Frikandel ..... wish I had some now :o

Waerth

Dr.Naam I come from Kassel, do I have to say more (Ahle Wurscht)........

Stracke.jpg

you are some sort of Kameradenschwein Gerd posting these kind of pictures :o

Next time I come to Patters again and still have stock I'll get one for you!

'ne ahle Stracke, knueppelhart. Long time ago when I've worked in Pattaya I made sometimes Gehacktes, may be we know us..........

Gerd

• 11 years later...