BANGKOK 22 February 2019 07:52
cdnvic

Vietnam Visa Info

Visa related things seem way more simple here compared to Thai. I saw some Vietnam immigration sites and it states that I do not need a Visa and can stay for 30 days as an ASEAN passport holder. I wonder is it just a simple chop at the airport or will I have to pay something?

No payment required, it's free for ASEAN also.

You can do the whole visa deal online these days, tourist or business, single or multi and pick up your visa on arrival at the airport in Vietnam. You must have your invitation in-hand to show the airline before they will let you on the plane taking your there but that is all part of the online service. Beats spending time/money getting it at an embassy or consulate.

Yes. This is true.

However, it costs 25 USD to get the invitation in hand thingy, and you still have to pay another 25 USD (1000baht!) for the visa on arrival when you get to Vietnam.

If you are close to a Vietnamese Embassy or Consulate and have the time to do it by hand, then of course it will probably be cheaper to do it in person.

The online method is very handy if you are too far from a legation or traveling at short notice.

If you can't afford 50 bucks then maybe you are really struggling to afford the plane ticket.

Is the "quick" visa still available in Sihanoukville? Or how long does one take in Pnom Penn currently? All info greatly appreciated, I'm a UK passport holder going overland to Vietnam via Cambodia and trying to avoid going into BKK to get one at the embassy there.

• Like 1

I have bad news regarding extended VISA beyond past 30 days. The Immigration department has new regulations that was introduced recently because too many travel agents has issued too many B3 Visa to too many foreigner that are not qualified...

Not employed in a business or own a business license or a worker... 2010 regulations restrict B3 renewal to work permit officially stamped for extension of VISA... very difficult to receive awork permit issued by a company voucher to pay you taxable salary

for the purpose of VISA renewal.. What happen to retire oversea? Living abroad retired?

Alternative is to receive the C1 C2 C3 tourist Visa and leave the country re-enter the country of Vietnam or to apply for a work

permit employed by Vietnam company stamping a one year VISA...

Foreigners with no family relatives, living in Vietnam for years must also follow the new VISA regulations.. there is a policy

and procedure to receive a temporary resident card that after 5 years one may apply for a permanent resident card this

card has no VISA renewal requirement but it is issued by the another immigration division of Vietnam Peoples Security office.

It is a procedure of neve ending stories trnsalted by never ending changes having no meaningful source of experienced real honest understandable intructions.

Does any reader has recent experiences with step by step procedures how to qualify as a NON working, perhaps RETIRED living abroad, word retired describing life over the age of 60...

Expatriot solution to immigration VISA extensions... people who are of no security threat, do not steal jobs from local people, do spend money same as tourist to eat and pay for lodging, do pay for living expenses and services same as any tourist, living day by day seeking a peaceful, retired life as foreigner......

your comments are welcomed perhaps begin new RESIDENT RETIRED LIVING OVERSEA immigration assistance blog.

Recently, Jan 16th, I returned from the USA and picked up my visa at the airport. It was easy and fast and I loved the service. I am an expat living in Hoi An and have had many hassels over the years with visas. Getting a 3 months work visa was a pain to say the least and this new service is great. Its safe, fast and reasonably price.

Check out www.vietnamvisaonline.net. Works just fine.

post-99457-1264149087_thumb.jpg

Edited by TommyGaz

Below is a copy from the www.vietnam-visa.com site:

For those who reside or stay in Bangkok (Thailand) at the time of waiting for the visa to Vietnam, there are two ways to get Vietnam visa, through Vietnam Embassy in Bangkok (Thailand), or get Visa on Arrival via online service:

Get Vietnam Visa through Vietnam Embassy in Bangkok (Thailand)

• Issuing unit: Vietnamese Embassy in Bangkok Thailand
  • Processing time: 5 to 7 working days
  • Processing fee: 50 – 85 USD/person
  • Additional fee: Postal cost
  • With Passport requirement
  • How to get it? You reach this Embassy in person and follow the required procedures.

Get Vietnam Visa on Arrival via visa service:

• Issuing unit: Vietnam Immigration Department
  • Processing time: 1 to 2 working days
  • Processing fee: 25 USD (1 month single), 30 USD (1 month multiple), 35 USD (3 month single)…more (stamping fee NOT included)
  • Without Passport requirement
  • How to get it? You go online at http://www.vietnam-visa.com, fill in the secure form, and just wait 1-2 days until you receive your Visa Approval Letter, and take this + your passport + 2 photos to Vietnam to get your visa at airport. This seems to be the cheapest and easiest way to get a visa to Vietnam from Bangkok (Thailand).

Note their claim that obtaining VISA online through their services is alot cheaper than applying directly from local Vietnam Embassy.

Does this make sense???

It does if you live a long distance from the local Vietnam embassy.

I use stayinvietnam.com for all personal and business visa online applications for myself and fellow consultants. Never missed a beat yet.

I have just been advised by stayinvietnam.com that the 3-month single/multi is also no longer available online. The 1 month single/multi is all they offer although extending it once inside the country is allowed.

stayinvietnam.com are able to provide the online Vietnam 3-month multi-entry visa-on-arrival application again.

Below is a copy from the www.vietnam-visa.com site:

For those who reside or stay in Bangkok (Thailand) at the time of waiting for the visa to Vietnam, there are two ways to get Vietnam visa, through Vietnam Embassy in Bangkok (Thailand), or get Visa on Arrival via online service:

Get Vietnam Visa through Vietnam Embassy in Bangkok (Thailand)

• Issuing unit: Vietnamese Embassy in Bangkok Thailand
  • Processing time: 5 to 7 working days
  • Processing fee: 50 – 85 USD/person
  • Additional fee: Postal cost
  • With Passport requirement
  • How to get it? You reach this Embassy in person and follow the required procedures.

Get Vietnam Visa on Arrival via visa service:

• Issuing unit: Vietnam Immigration Department
  • Processing time: 1 to 2 working days
  • Processing fee: 25 USD (1 month single), 30 USD (1 month multiple), 35 USD (3 month single)…more (stamping fee NOT included)
  • Without Passport requirement
  • How to get it? You go online at , fill in the secure form, and just wait 1-2 days until you receive your Visa Approval Letter, and take this + your passport + 2 photos to Vietnam to get your visa at airport. This seems to be the cheapest and easiest way to get a visa to Vietnam from Bangkok (Thailand).

Note their claim that obtaining VISA online through their services is alot cheaper than applying directly from local Vietnam Embassy.

Does this make sense???

I presume the "Visa Approval Letter" is received via email?

Foreigners with no family relatives, living in Vietnam for years must also follow the new VISA regulations.. there is a policy

and procedure to receive a temporary resident card that after 5 years one may apply for a permanent resident card this

card has no VISA renewal requirement but it is issued by the another immigration division of Vietnam Peoples Security office.

It is a procedure of neve ending stories trnsalted by never ending changes having no meaningful source of experienced real honest understandable intructions.

Can you give me some details about this temporary residence card please, and transfering to a permanent one. Which department to apply at, and location and officer if possible.

When I've asked about this in Ha Noi immigration they tell me there's no such thing.

Other foreigners that I've been in touch with that claim to have a 5 year residence visa only have the 5 year visa exemption that needs to be renewed every 90 days and is what I already have myself.