BANGKOK
Sign in to follow this  
cdnvic

Vietnam Visa Info

I just returned from Saigon. Before going I paid BT$800 for a visa on arrival service. However, at the airport people were going to the visa window, getting an application, filling it out and with your passport and a photo were getting the visa. You also had to pay the fee. It seems that all those companies charging for this service have been cut out.

Has anyone else seen or done this?

----------------

See my post about the Vietnamese embassy in Bangkok and what you actually get on-line.

Also there is a posted notice in Vietnamese and English in the embassy in Thailand about those services.

While they are indeed legal the Vietnamese embassy want's to make it very clear that:

1, There is NO official Vietnamese government service for purchasing on-line visas to Vietnam.

2. Therefore they are all private services.

3, For that reason, the Vietnamese government will accept NO RESPONSIBILTY if anyone using the services of the on-line companies loses any money or has their personal data sold or stolen while using an on-line company.

While most of these companies are honest and provide a good service, use your common sense about giving out your personal (especially financial) data.

Just remember, no matter what the name of the on-line company is, there is NO OFFICAL VIETNAMESE GOVERNMENT SPONSORED on-line visa service.

I'm off to Vietnam next month and require a visa.

Does anyone have updated info on the visa on arrival service?

Particularly whether I should arrange this before travelling....pick it up in the embassy in Bangkok or at the airport in HCMC.

Thanks.

I would just go apply at the embassy. they are centrally located on wireless road. check their website to see if you need to make an appointment or simply show up I suppose?

• Like 1

Well as I will be in Bangkok anyway I might as well apply there as it appears that is now a cheaper option than the online service which I used in previous years.

Thanks for the comments. thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

Just applied for my tourist visa yesterday.

Four day notice visa 2000 baht (eg apply on 8th, receive visa 11th)

Same day visa 2700 baht (based on another persons application)

I believe that there is a next-day visa also available which will cost inbetween the above prices.

I could not see any official price list posted in the visa office (or indeed on the Internet) so this is ones first introduction to the real land of scams.

Vietnam Visa upon arrival fee

Cost/person (USD)

Standard processing

Stamp fee

1-2 pax

3-5 pax

6-9 pax

10 pax and more

Single entry

1 month

$18

$15

$12

$10

$45

3 months

$30

$28

$26

$24

$45

Multiple entries

1 month

$25

$23

$19

$17

$65

3 months

$50

$48

$45

$42

$95

Insight Asia Travel

HEAD OFFICE

Address: No. 1 Do Hanh Street

Ha Noi, Vietnam

Tel: (84-4) 3 9334 647

Fax: (84-4) 3 9334 636

Email: [email protected]

Guide: Citizens or residents in Viet Nam can choose between two options to get a Vietnam Visa:

- One, reaching the Vietnam Embassy in Viet Nam to apply for a visa by yourself (see the above address); or

- Two, applying online at Click here for a Vietnam visa on arrival (Get your Vietnam Visa approval letter before you go and pickup Vietnam visa at Vietnam international airport within 1 or 2 working days).

Just applied for my tourist visa yesterday.

Four day notice visa 2000 baht (eg apply on 8th, receive visa 11th)

Same day visa 2700 baht (based on another persons application)

I believe that there is a next-day visa also available which will cost inbetween the above prices.

I could not see any official price list posted in the visa office (or indeed on the Internet) so this is ones first introduction to the real land of scams.

Looks like the visa price went up a couple of hundred Baht in the last 6 years, it used to be 1,800 Baht for a 4 day regular visa and 2,500 for a same day.

Would someone in the know please guide me here? Am I to assume that you cannot arrive at Saigon without either an embassy issued visa in your passport or a visa approval letter. I cannot just turn up, fill in the Application form add photos and pay the $USD45 for a 30 day tourist visa.

Would someone in the know please guide me here? Am I to assume that you cannot arrive at Saigon without either an embassy issued visa in your passport or a visa approval letter. I cannot just turn up, fill in the Application form add photos and pay the $USD45 for a 30 day tourist visa.

Depends on your nationality

Thanks for the reply. My bad for not saying that I have an Australian Passport. Can I just turn up and ask for a 30 day tourist visa?

Should I need a VOA Approval letter http://cheapvietnamvisa.net say they can get one for USD8 whereas all they others I looked at wanted USD20. Is there something I am missing here? 2000 baht if I get it at the Vietnam Embassy in BKK; USD45 (~1400 baht) at Saigon.

TIA

I'm on an Australian passport and the last time I was in Vietnam I got myself a 1 month tourist visa prior to arrival. If you want the "visa on arrival" you still need to apply for it and bring the paperwork before you get there. A few Aussies I met thought there was a 30 day on arrival and were turned back. If you have time get a visa before you arrive as it saves you queuing up at a window waiting with anywhere from 20-50 other people. I did it once and was waiting for over an hour. Every time I fly into HCMC now I look at the people herded around that window and am glad that I arranged for my visa prior to arrival and I'm generally out and in a taxi in 10 minutes or less.

Thanks for the reply. My bad for not saying that I have an Australian Passport. Can I just turn up and ask for a 30 day tourist visa?

Should I need a VOA Approval letter http://cheapvietnamvisa.net say they can get one for USD8 whereas all they others I looked at wanted USD20. Is there something I am missing here? 2000 baht if I get it at the Vietnam Embassy in BKK; USD45 (~1400 baht) at Saigon.

TIA

Then yes, as an Aussie you need a visa.

As tfc posted better to have it before you arrive in VN to avoid the scrum at the desk if the VN embassy in BKK, or elsewhere, is convenient for you, The embassy is always empty and it's a straightforward in and out process but you have to make it clear to them you don't want the express 1 day service as they automatically charge you the fee for that service.

TIA

I used the organisation at URL below, very efficient and no problems

www.myvietnamvisa.com

Thanks for the replies. Sounds like my best option is a visit to the Embassy here in BKK. I so dislike waiting in long queues particularly at airports.

Is the Vietnam embassy in BKK closed for Chinese New Year holidays?

Is the Suthep crowd protesting in that area?

Is the Vietnam embassy in BKK closed for Chinese New Year holidays?

Is the Suthep crowd protesting in that area?

Office closed till the 6th.

No signs of any protests in the area.