BANGKOK 24 February 2019 06:11
cdnvic

Vietnam Visa Info

Just a quick bump:

Can you get Visa-on-arrival with a UK passport?

Any other considerations?

On 8/14/2016 at 11:53 AM, Chicog said:

Just a quick bump:

Can you get Visa-on-arrival with a UK passport?

Any other considerations?

You don't need a visa with UK passport, you can get 15 days on arrival.

On 7/26/2016 at 8:26 PM, IMA_FARANG said:

---------------------

I can't remember the exact hour it opens but it opens in the morning for visa applications and then in the afternoon until four for pickups of completed visas.

And yes, things there are changing fast, but they will not yet issue you a 3 month multi entry visa here in Bangkok, at least at present for Americans.

That may be coming soon, since Obama visited Hanoi and had a bowl of Beef Pho soup in a shop there.

Since August 29, 2016, according to an agreement between Vietnam and US governments, visa to Vietnam for US passport holders will be granted and valid for 1 year with multiple entry regardless the length of their stay in Vietnam. The applicable fees will be charged accordingly. Please contact our visa officers if you need further information. 

This notice is posted on the Embassy of Vietnam website in Canada.

On 9/27/2016 at 2:03 PM, LongTimeLurker said:

You don't need a visa with UK passport, you can get 15 days on arrival.

Was planning on going there soon. I have looked at some websites but some of them try to look official so do you have a link to "the real deal"?

4 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

It would have been if I was British. I just assumed you had info for other countries as well. Never mind, I seem to be lucky enough to also get 15 days on arrival according to what I have been able to find out.

Edited by MZurf

34 minutes ago, MZurf said:

It would have been if I was British. I just assumed you had info for other countries as well. Never mind, I seem to be lucky enough to also get 15 days on arrival according to what I have been able to find out.

http://www.vietnamembassy.org.uk/

French? German? Italian? Spanish?

Others? 

Edited by LongTimeLurker

Was in the Viet embassy in Bangkok today. An American ahead of me was over the moon when he was permitted to order a one-year visa for 7,000 baht.  Said he'd tried and failed three times already for a 1-year, the last time in June.  

I, as a Canadian however, could only get a one-month or three-month single entry. The one-month single was 2,200 baht/$US60, well over the online ordering services fees.  I was on a fact-finding mission and won't need one till next February. I will probably buy it there to avoid the horror of the VoA window and the snail-like efficiency of Viet immigration at SGN.

Interestingly, it was not what I would call busy at 2 pm here in the high season.

Edited by Kaoboi Bebobp

From February 2017 you'll be able to apply for an eVisa for Viet Nam through the immigration e-portal.

Complete the forms online, pay online an print out your own visa, processing time 3 days.

No details of costs as of yet.

• Like 2

I have 1 year VN multiple entry in my US passport. 

how long can I stay on that? looking at about 1 month. the info on VN immigration site is dated. 

will i need anything other than the visa in my US passport? 

thanks

Hello,

Is there anyone that has applied for a 3-month visa at the VN consulate

in Savannakhet or Pakse in Laos recently?

How much did the visa cost and how long did it take?

Thank you in advance.

Anybody know if the visa exemption policy for up to 15 days stay for UK and other EU nationals is likely to be extended past 30 June 2018, or is it likely to revert to ordinary tourist visas, irrespective of length of stay once more?

On 20.10.2007 at 8:09 AM, BADBRAD said:

This is not necessarily true. I lived in Vietnam for 18 months without needing to leave. Just before my original one month tourist visa expired I took my passport to a travel agency who obtained on my behalf a 6 month multiple entry visa. Every 6 months I repeated the process.

Who is your travel agent in Vietnam? I want to do the same...however have you rented an apartment or house having a 1 -6 months tourist visa?

On 4/29/2018 at 8:37 PM, plachon said:

Anybody know if the visa exemption policy for up to 15 days stay for UK and other EU nationals is likely to be extended past 30 June 2018, or is it likely to revert to ordinary tourist visas, irrespective of length of stay once more?

To answer my own question, it seems that British citizens can still travel to Vietnam for up to 15 days without a visa and get entry up to mid-2021, as noted by this Foreign Travel guidance by UK govt:

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/vietnam/entry-requirements

I met my son who has a british passport in Hanoi last year and he needed no visa for his less than 15 day visit...his dad on the other hand carries a US passport and went thru the usual rigmarole for a 30 day visa...

to take things further, a US passport holder can get a renewable 1 year visa that's not available to a brit...

bizarre...but we live in bizarre times...