Transfering Money To Thailand For Property Purchase

If you are planning to transfer large sums of money to Thailand in order to buy property

you should be aware of the Offshore and onshore exchange rate differences thread.

It can have profound implications for your transfer.

This post is purely for the link.

If you have comments to add please follow the link and post there.

Thanks

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 years later...

When you remit USD 20,000 or more, or its equivalent in another currency, ask the bank to give you the Foreign Exchange Transaction Form. Some bank staff may not know it so you will have to show them an example of the form. On the website of the Bank of Thailand it is currently available at this URL:

www.bot.or.th/Thai/ForeignExchangeRegulations/Report%20Form/Report/FX_TranForm.doc

I also attach it as a PDF file.

FETF_Foreign_Exchange_Transaction_Form.pdf

//Edit: above links are no longer valid. See post ID 5 for updated link.

Edited by Maestro
Added edit note
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

For remittances from abroad of less than USD 50,000 or its equivalent in another currency you can get a credit advice from the receiving bank in Thailand indicating the sender and recipient of the money. Below is an example of such a receipt:

credit_advice.gif

--

Maestro

Edited by Maestro
updated USD amount
  • Like 1

• 9 months later...

Update about the FETF

The minimum US dollar equivalent for which the FETF can be obtained has recently been increased from USD 20,000 to USD 50,000. The new form, identical to the previous one with the exception of the increased amount, can be viewed at the same URL as the old one:

http://www.bot.or.th/Thai/ForeignExchangeRegulations/Report%20Form/Report/FX_TranForm.doc

I attach the new form also as a PDF file:

FETF 2010.pdf

//Edit: Above links have gone dead. See Post ID 5 for updated link.

• Like 1

• 6 years later...

The Bank of Thailand has changed the URL for the FETF and the link given in the previous post is no longer valid. Also the link to the attachment I uploaded went dead with the latest upgrade of the forum software.

I now upload the current FETF again (accessible only by Thaivisa members): 

FETF Foreign Exchange Transaction Form USD 50k.pdf

In case the above link to the attachment should go dead in future I give below the link to the current FETF on my Google Drive (accessible also by non-members):

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B34mNX-szfYVMlMzRHJqUl8zQUE

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1